Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Red "Site" button on Casper Imaging Toolbar

All of the sudden I am seeing this. As well as Casper Imaging auto logging in, with no username / password prompt and a Config already selected. I have no idea as to why, just started happening last day or so. Already tried the Option key at launch, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot Issue

I have read several discussions regarding issues with NetBoot however I haven't been able to get my issue solved so I'm asking the JAMFNation for HELP!!!. I am using a Mac Mini located in our datacenter running OSX 10.9.2 hosting a Netboot Image of 1...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Invitation via email - User was retired

I'm having issues with my VPP invite in Casper ending up with a status of User was retired. Steps involved:-I have sent myself a VPP invite via email and accepted through app store (i don't care for the fact that I have to authenticate with Casper pr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Install via Policy

Is this a stupid question? Is there a way to install configuration profiles via a policy. I want to map some drives via configuration policy, but I want them to happen at a certain time and date. Is there a way to deploy them via a policy? If anyone ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Configuration Profile for DEP`

We have setup a PreStage Enrollment for DEP and have been able to successfully connect an iPad but we are wondering if there is anyway to assign a default Configuration Profile once the device is enrolled. We have a global proxy that needs setup and ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to work around packages/policies that get stuck

I created a flash installer pkg which copied the flash update installer.app to /var/tmp then ran the bash command to install it. Unfortunately the installer got stuck waiting for processes to be closed and the jamf binary on the machines that are stu...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS and deploy.apple.com Don't Match

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue that I'm having. I've gone through and added all of our order numbers into our Device Enrollment Program on deploy.apple.com. The number of assigned devices to our JSS is 1039. However, when looking at th...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

JD/JSS 9.3 / Server 3.1.1 / 10.9.2

Anybody run into any problems with the JDS / JSS 9.3 and Server.app 3.1.1? I can't seem to connect to my JDS's to replicate. I know it was broken in 9.2x, but I thought I saw somewhere that it was fixed in 9.3 I installed JDS 9.3 yesterday on all my ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

netboot image

I am getting duplicate indexing errors. we have to check the Macintosh HD for images and clients to find the net boot image and I think we unchecked it..but now when we uncheck it the net boot image disappears. how do we resolve? The box was unchecke...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Device Enrollment with Configurator

Anybody got Configurator Device Enrollment to work with Casper 9.3? Setup:Configurator > Prepare > Device Enrollment > MDM Server URLhttps://jss.mycompany.com:8443/configuratorenroll JSS > Settings > Mobile Device Management > Apple Configurator Enro...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 Certificates

I have a web application that uses Java 7 and wanted to get it 'pre-approved' - which used to be easy with Apple's Java 6 as the certificates were originally distributed with MCX back in the day (which would now be done into the system keystore via C...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin accounts

Hi Guys, Somehow I missed the trainings in January. So needless to say I'm behind here. How do I go about accessing the self service application so I can add programs to it. I don't even have an idea how to go about getting into it. Thanks for any an...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activation Lock Bypass Code

What is 'Activation Lock Bypass Code' seen under Mobile device > Management? I don't see it referenced anywhere and a Google search results in link to pages on how to hack the Activation lock.  View more

• 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

VPP Invitation

Hi, We've migrated our users, and just sent a test invitation directly to an ipad. When the prompt appeared, we ran through the short process, and waited. A short time later, the prompt appeared again. And then again. Looking at the VPP Invitation Us...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install All Updates Policy

@themacallan][/url I saw this on your site http://robotcloud.screenstepslive.com/s/2459/m/5322/l/87479-install-all-updates-policy would you be willing to share the script? Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA for disabled infrared?

My boss wants the infrared receiver disabled on all our Macs that support this feature. Does anyone have an example of an extension attribute so I can scope the Macs to verify the that all of them get the infrared disabled. Thanks! Corbin  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.3 VPP2 App deployment workflow?

Hey all, Can someone help me figure out a workflow to automatically push VPP2 (managed license) apps in 9.3? Here's the current situation: 1) Configure device to enroll via DEP.2) Configure VPP managed license apps, scope to user group3) Configure VP...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS in VMware vSphere ESXi

Hey All, Is there anyone running JSS in VMware without issues? We have JSS installed on a Windows Server, under VMware, and the setup used to work. Now unfortunately, all newly enrolled computers (since the last couple of months) are not MDM enrolled...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anchor Certificate Apple Configurator 1.5

Does anyone know how to import an Anchor Certificate into Configurator 1.5? (Casper 9.3). It's the only step I'm having difficulty with in the MDM enrollment. When I click the "+" under Anchor Certificates, I have no option to import the one I downlo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users tab shows "Access Denied"

When I first checked my permissions i had to add my permissions to access the new settings, however I still can't access the Users tab next to the Computers and mobile devices tabs. JSS is running on a windows server, and we updated the root.war file...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.3 installation error on Windows Server

Hey all - We're running our JSS on Windows Server 2008 r2. I went to upgrade our installation from the previous version, and I got this error multiple times: external image link Any ideas? It looks like this might be a problem with the MSI installer,...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

disable iCloud after Mavericks upgrade

Hi, We normally apply a script to prevent the iCloud sign in from popping up when we image a machine, but now have the issue that when upgrading to Mavericks, this appears again. My brain is standing still, as I am perplexed as to where and how i nee...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Accounts missing

For some reason I don't have the VPP Accounts option under Global Management. Is anyone else seeing this? I have the new DEP option but VPP is missing for me. I should say, its also odd that when I click on the Users tab I get an access denied even t...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.3 quirks

Anybody run into any quirks from 9.3 yet?Looks like they addressed quite a few bugs from 9.2x  View more

• 49 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors