Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

SSL Cert problems with Go Daddy cert

I am brand new to using casper and have minimal experience with installing certificates. We have been trying to get a cert installed but it keeps failing. I followed this guide https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=115. We are running J...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Comparing Variable to Wildcard in Shell Script

Pretty basic question about shell scripting. I'm writing a script to check the current logged in user and delete the dock.plist in that users folder if the current user is a generic library account. Our generic accounts all end in lib, such as: bolib...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles with Static Groups

I just started setting up Configurations Profiles in Casper. I want to set up a Login Window with our corporate computer usage policy. I initially put two Macs in the static group to receive the Login Window Config Profile and it worked fine. I then ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon not collecting user and location information

JSS 9.2 on 10.9.2, server 3.0.3 Under "Computer Inventory Collection" settings in JSS, the "Collect user and location information from LDAP" box is checked, but this information is not showing up under "User and Location" on a computer inventory scre...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Servers in JSS?

Just out of curiosity, do you add your servers to the JSS for tracking (updates, hardware info, etc) and what not?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change notification center alert duration

Does anyone know how to successfully change then capture the changes made to the Notifications pane in System Preferences so I can then push the settings to end users? I would like to change the Management Action from Banners to Alerts so the notific...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 1 kudos

Adding mycompant certiciate

I am a novice in Mac OS & Casper.. we have been asked to add company specific certificates on all our Mac machines. Going thru the forums i found that we need to create a package for certificate & use the script importCAcert.sh available in community...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent the Creation of Windows VMs Locally

I'm hoping there is a way to accomplish this without just blacklisting Fusion and Parallels. Though here's what I'm up against... We have taken a rather hard line against virtualizing the Windows OS on our Macs. The reason for this isn't technical, b...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help wanted: Part time JSS admin

We are looking for a skilled JSS admin to help with a few projects on our JSS. We can discuss details if you're interested. The work we have could be done anytime so if you're looking for a little extra side work this might be just the ticket.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

DVD Region Unlock Script

Is anyone using a script to unlock the DVD region so that a non-admin that opens the DVD player app for the first time can set the region? This script is no longer supported with Mavericks.  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Minneapolis Area JAMF User Group

Hello Everyone,This is just to get the discussion going that I've started looking in to a JAMF User Group meeting in the Minneapolis area sometime in the mid to late April timeframe. We'll likely be talking DEP, AppleID for Students, and iOS 7.1, alo...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fonts package unable to install using Composer

Hi All, I'm very new to Casper suite so please bear with me. I created a fonts package using Composer utility by following below steps however unable to install the fonts using this package Selected Normal Snapshot option Performed fonts installation...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replaced boot drive, now 'device signature' error

Replaced a users hard drive with an SSD. Copied the old drive to the new and now when i run a recon, it gives the following error: Getting management framework from the JSS... There was an error. Device Signature Error - A valid device signature is r...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco Anyconnect 3.1.04072, 10.9, and Admin Credentials

Anybody run into Anyconnect prompting for admin credentials when the user changes their password? Apparently when they change it, and launch A.C. it prompts to modify the system keychain. Any way around that? The users are submitting for admin rights...  View more

• 68 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silverlight removal

I pushed out an update for silverlight yesterday, and a group is complaining it broke their app. So need to remove the current version of SL and install the previous one. I indexed the pkg and told casper to remove it, however, when I try to push the...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable file vault auto login

Has anyone used this command disableFDEAutoLogin successfully with 10.9? I have tried using the following before file vault and after applying file vault with no luck. sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow DisableFDEAutologin...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommended Permissions for files in Composer packages

Hi all, I have recently hit a strange issue where packages created in composer have refused to install via policy because the jamf binary is unable to access the file copied to the jamf cached folder. I am able to get round this issue by changing the...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hacking CoreLocation on OS X for fun and profit

... well maybe not so much profit. CoreLocation is really cool. Nice easy way to get a reasonably accurate geolocation of iOS and OS X devices. I'm going to focus on OS X here.CoreLocation can be a pain. It now insists that apps that request location...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to remove jamfnation accounts?

Hey after todays security scare and the emails that went out. I had colleague of mine ask me how they can just remove their user account from the JAMFNation page. Is there any documentation on how to do this? I searched a bit before writing this post...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating iTunes alone.

Hi, I'm trying to update just iTunes on some machines. I was able to download the installer from Apple's site but I did a test run and tried to install it on my own Mac and there are a lot of windows to bypass, such as the EULA. Without trying to go ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors