Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Change Windows UNC Path for home directory

We have recently started testing out our new path to our AD home directories. Unfortunately it looks like it is caching the previous unc path for users that have already cached their credentials on the machines. If we delete their /Users/first.last/ ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding QuickAdd.pkg to NetIntall not working...

So it looked like a simple idea. Use /System/Library/CoreServices/System Image Utility.app to create a NetIntall.nbi that will run my Casper QuickAdd.pkg. So follow all the rules with a fresh Install Mavericks.app from AppStore (10.9.2) with customiz...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.25 Released

Edit: don't read the first four pages of release notes and then post about it.  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9 Search vs JSS 8 Search

When searching the inventory of the JSS 8 (and prior), the search feature used to allow me to search, for example, 'lab' and everything with 'lab' in the device name would appear. Now I'm finding it difficult to quickly search out an iPad, say I need...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cleaning up Large JSS Database Tables post Log Flush

# A Rum and Coke for Captain Jack We had a policy running at a very high frequency on 4 days a week with "Update Inventory" enabled. This caused a huge jump in our database size.. so much that we couldn't locally restore the database from Backup. We ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

warning of power cable still plugged in

Hi guys Im trying to work out a script and wondered if anyone may be able to help? I am running a script at logout that will detect if the AC power is still plugged in and remind people to unplug it before they leave the office to avoid damage to bat...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Indexing not working

Good afternoon all, I'm having an issue where i am attempting to uninstall a DMG but the Indexing feature does not seem to be working correctly. I'm right clicking on the DMG that I want to uninstall and telling it to index the DMG. Casper does its t...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to Poll Wi-Fi Connection

The majority of our machines are running 10.7 or higher so we use Configuration Profiles to set the SSID for Wi-Fi. This works pretty good, however, sometimes machines will drop their profiles for no obvious reason and can only be re-established by p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enrollment failing with Mavericks

We are on JSS 9.24. Every new Mavericks machine we try to enroll via URL and running quickadd.pkg is hanging indefinitely. The enrollment works, I see the system show up in the JSS, but when I talk to the tech they will say 'it has been enrolling for...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DFW area Admins

I wanted to see to see if how many admins we had in the DFW area? When I was in LA I knew quite a few of you and haven't seen a lot of people from the DFW area.  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

multiple device licensing

We have several software products that allow for multiple installs per user. And we have a specific group that have both laptops and desktops. I realize the License Software Management in the JSS isn't a full blown licensing manager, but it would be ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

extract string with backslashes

Sorry for a noob question but I have a hard time to extract a string from another string and I'm sure one of you geeks has a simple answer for this. I have a string like "domainnameusername" that I extract from a plist using defaults read. I got the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service has Encountered a Problem

Hey, JAMFnation! I've been getting a seemingly random Self Service error on about 10% of our machines. First saw it in production but have had a few immediately after imaging as well. The app itself does this:external image linkConsole's giving me th...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9.2 update completes, but still reporting 10.9.1

JSS 8.73, no SUS, pushing 10.9.2 combo update from JSS. Two out of three of my pilot machines are still reporting as OS 10.9.1 after successfully receiving the update and updating inventory. The machines are confirmed updated. Is it just me, again?  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Filewave

Hello, Pretty sure an old installation of filewave is messing up a couple of casper clients and policies. They aren't the quickest to respond unless you are buying something imminently and its not clear how to uninstall. Anybody seen this before and ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

copying files from network onto computer

hi guys, seems like a easy one but i cant seem to figure out. so i've got ARD to map a network drive and try to copy some files like below: rsync /Volumes/ServerName/Apps/Drivers/file.dmg /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/ the drive maps fine...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Space's Command Line Help.

Hi, I've got a couple of OSX images with spaces enabled in the Keyboard shortcuts, that now because of a secure browser testing program I need to disable. In 10.7 and 10.8 the Preference is in Keyboard Preferences "Keyboard Shortcuts", and in 10.9 it...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Airplay MDM Settings for Reflector

Hey all, Air Squirrels http://www.airsquirrels.com makers of Reflector http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector just released version 1.6.3. With this release, they have modified how the Device ID is generated so that you can use Reflector now with iOS ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates installing, but NOT installing?

This is odd, but hopefully its not so odd to someone else… For continued support, we test software on older OSes since we have them in the environment still. Right now I'm building a Lion machine. When I install All Available Software Updates form ou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging app is canceling the reboot process.

Reaching out to my fellow JAMF Admin's for some advice. I recently updated my Netboot image to 10.9.2 and my clients are netbooting fine and everything is working as normal. However, when imaging a Mac via Casper Imaging App and it loads all my paylo...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Keychain First Aid

Can anybody offer any insight as to how to go about scripting Keychain First Aid? I would like to add it as a Self Service Policy to repair keychain issues. Thanks!  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Voice and Video Plugin

I'm not sure how much any of you are using this plug, but I made a script that pulls the latest version down for install. You can key your smart group using Packages Installed By Installer.app/SWU com.google.pkg.GoogleVoiceAndVideo #!/bin/sh # Jason ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors in JAMFSoftwareServer.log

Anyone know what the error [ERROR] [8443-exec-3] [lientCommunicationServlet] - Communication device is null means? It doesn't seem to be causing any issues as far as I can see but want to be sure. Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Update 10.9.2 Re-release?

I hope I am not going crazy, but did Apple re-release 10.9.2 yesterday (3/11/14)? My SUS servers are showing a release date of 3/11/14, but I had them in there before that obviously. I checked and systems with 10.9.2 already are not showing as needin...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Determine if Mac is Portable or Desktop via Script?

Good afternoon fellow JAMFanatics (TM?) ;) As I'm sure many of you are, we're stuck deploying Mavericks to the new model MBPs, Airs, and Mac Pros. For our portables, we're getting complaints about the new 'feature' that the user sees in regards to th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Limitations & VPN users

Network Limitations, being based on the IP address as reported at last recon, have a serious limitation: if your last recon was on-site, and you run Self Service over VPN, you'll still be able to run all policies as though you were on-site. To get ar...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7.1 - "User and Location Data" removed

When an iPad is updated to 7.1, the next time it updates inventory, the user is removed. We have at this time 16 iPads with no user associated. They all have 7.1. Side effects:1) profiles are removed that are linked to users/groups2) some "managed" a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors