Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Determine if Mac is Portable or Desktop via Script?

Good afternoon fellow JAMFanatics (TM?) ;) As I'm sure many of you are, we're stuck deploying Mavericks to the new model MBPs, Airs, and Mac Pros. For our portables, we're getting complaints about the new 'feature' that the user sees in regards to th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Limitations & VPN users

Network Limitations, being based on the IP address as reported at last recon, have a serious limitation: if your last recon was on-site, and you run Self Service over VPN, you'll still be able to run all policies as though you were on-site. To get ar...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7.1 - "User and Location Data" removed

When an iPad is updated to 7.1, the next time it updates inventory, the user is removed. We have at this time 16 iPads with no user associated. They all have 7.1. Side effects:1) profiles are removed that are linked to users/groups2) some "managed" a...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7.1 and AirPlay

Looks like a GREAT new feature in iOS 7.1 is the ability to initiate an AirPlay connection via bluetooth. I tested this process this morning and it works very easily. You will need: an iOS device running 7.1, with bluetooth turned on (released 3/10/2...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud receives but won't send

I noted a few users getting errors. Data comes down from iCloud but won't send. Users get something like this ...Underlying error: NSCFError: Domain : apple.mme Code : 9 Desc : Content MD5 from client did not match that from vendor UserInfo: { NSDesc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

missing update in SUS

I see in my JSS that some of my macs need "SecUpd2012-004-1.0" update. When I go to my SUS v10.8.5 and look for the update I do not see it. I have tried "Check for Update" and still do not find the update. Is there another name for this update? Or is...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote & Casper Events.txt file on Desktop?

Okay, maybe we just missed this in the last 6 months of using Casper Suite, but we recently started seeing a Casper Events.txt file appear on our Desktop when we run Casper Remote. Is this normal? Is there a way to dump it somewhere else?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Preferences and Policies

We have a desktop running Snow Leopard and a vinyl cutter connected via USB. The instructor asked IT to put icons for the vinyl cutter application on the dock, which is controlled by JSS' Managed Preferences. Can we create a policy to add those speci...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper 'fs' no longer displays over 10.9 loginwindow

Previous to 10.9, we were able to hide/lockout the login screen by running jamfHelper with '-windowtype fs' via a LaunchAgent with its LimitLoadToSessionType property set to 'LoginWindow'. This was great for allowing a bunch of policies run on a new ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-enrollment; cleanup

For new machine deployments, I'm looking to move away from Casper Imaging and go to a self-enrollment (user or field tech). So after the user/tech boots, downloads the QuickAdd, enrolls, and triggers the deployment policy via the Enrollment Complete ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

dockutil error

I'm trying to execute the following script to add a web clip to the dock: #!/bin/sh /usr/local/bin/dockutil —-add ‘http://sbac.portal.airast.org' —-label ‘SBAC TA Portal’ —-after Downloads —-allhomes /usr/local/bin/dockutil —-add ‘http://sbac.portal....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flash Player update 12.0.0.77

Adobe Flash Player is a cross-platform, browser-based application runtime that provides uncompromised viewing of expressive applications, content, and videos across browsers and operating systems. Version 12.0.0.77: Release notes were unavailable whe...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 - Enable Additional Users - Hide from logon window

Hello - In addition to the logged on user account, I would like to also enable our management account with FV2 unlock capabilities. I can successfully automate this process, but I noticed that the management account shows up on the initial FV2 logon ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Image boots to "No Smoking" sign

Hi there,I have run into a problem with imaging some brand-new MacBook Pros. The imaging process goes through normally, but upon booting to the hard drive all that displays is the "No Smoking" sign. Could someone please help me understand what has ha...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open directory master creation fails

So, ran into issues with workgroup manager, yes I know, Profile manager is the new way. Anyways, server 10.9.2 3.0.3 version. Trying to create open directory master and it says that it created but had errors. When that happens, the OD is not availabl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Plugins URL not appearing in Self Service.

Hi, I can't see the Plugins URL in Self Service: external image link We have several plugins configured: external image link Here is the configuration of one of them: external image link Our JSS is 9.24, I've tried in several machines (all of them wi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Server + NetBoot = Nightmare

I have an open call with Apple Support as well as a thread on their forums with no real responses, so I thought I would post this here: Since migrating our NetBoot servers to Mavericks. NetBooting has become flaky and recently almost always fails. Ty...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7 and Exchange Active Sync via MDM Profile

Hey guys We have recently deployed our fleet of iOS 7 iPads and have come across an issue with Exchange Active Sync via MDM. It seems to keep asking for the password every now and then, we can put the password in and it will accept it, but after a fe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cancelling Upload or indexing process.

Annoying not having the ability to cancel uploading or indexing process.I had to force quit Casper Admin last week while uploading a small package that hang casper admin to respond to anything. After I relaunched the casper admin and tried to upload ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX User based settings

I have an MCX for System Preference Panes setup as User-level enforced, with the scope set to a group of computers with an exception for the admin user. The problem is that the MCX is applying to all users rather than all but. I also tried setting a ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad prompts for AppleID password

We have implemented a one-to-one iPad rollout where we have up to 125 iPads in a grade using the same school controlled AppleID. For each grade, we use a different AppleID, but the same across the whole level. We have run into situations (particularl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package could not be found on the server

I'm trying to get the MS Office 2011 update 14.3.9 package to deploy. I downloaded it and tested it, it runs fine. I upload it through Admin, removing spaces, renaming per our convention, etc, and then push it - and it fails: /usr/sbin/jamf is versio...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobility profiles... how do I define a destination disk?

Hello, I should preface by saying everything I know about Mac Administration I've learned in the past 5 days, and I should probably mention this is an Active Directory integration. Our users reside in a server 2008 R2 active directory domain with a s...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac Player vs Pro

Okay...So we deploy the Flip Player to all our users, but we have a select number that have the Pro version. I am trying to package it, but have a question on the Application Licensing side...anyone have a License setup in the JSS for Flip4Mac? I'm w...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Latest PHP version supported

Hello I was wondering what the latest PHP version supported was for the NetbootSUS appliance and how to upgrade. We tried apt-get update apt-get upgrade to no avail. Still have 5.3.10 on the box.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors