Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

JSS and Adobe InDesign CS6

Hey all, Recently, I took over the primary administrative role for JSS/Casper Admin. I am having my first bout with Adobe products. Let me tell you...it is not fun. EDIT: I suppose I should mention more information. I am running Casper 8.73. I used A...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems Uploading Login Page Icon

Running JSS 9.24I wanted to customize the enrollment icon so I downloaded the DefaultEnrollmentLogin.png edited it with our logo on the screen and then saved it as a .png.... The file size grew from 19KBs to 133KBs. There isn't a restriction on file ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL query

I need a SQL query to pull computer name and serial number plus "Legacy FileVault Enabled" but i can't figure out what table has the "Legacy FileVault Enabled" yes/no information.  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Root User Permissions

Simple Question but having trouble finding it on the web. I am building a netboot image an due to some restrictions with our 802.1x network, I can't use the root user. I am using a different account as admin but I want it to act as root for all funct...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change Enrollment URL

We have imported our Casper 8.73 database onto a DEV JSS server in order to test upgrading to Casper 9.x. However, we want to first verify that we have a fully functioning 8.73 cloned environment. We've made most of the recommended changes for migrat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Applying a users filtering through a proxy

Hi all, A little bit out of my remit here! We have a script that assigns the proxy details for internet access on the mac network and the filtering solution we use is websense.At the moment we block Google because of their changes to https traffic ac...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Another Newbie Mistake! Hope for easy fix

Thanks guys you have been a big help so far. So I built an image and thought I was doing the right thing but getting the updates it needed before building an image out of it. So for iPhoto, numbers and I think keynote it used my apple ID to update. N...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

AutoDMG and NetBoot

Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been reading up on AutoDMG and it seems like a pretty neat tool and is something I would love to leverage in our environment. I have created a 10.9.2 dmg, uploaded it to Casper Admin and have successfu...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

10/9 sus "no updates available"

So, I had software updates working before, though I couldn't get 10.9.1 or an imovie and iphoto. The rest worked fine.Updated to 10.9.2 and server 3 0 3 and now when I try updates, I just get a message saying "no updates available".Client is running ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Privileges for Casper Remote

We have using that we want to be able to use Caper Remote but not have full access to everything in the JSS database. I am trying to figure out which privileges need to be given to the users, an LDAP group. They were given everything from Auditor and...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NETSUS Neboot service

Hi, I'm trying to understand how this works. I've installed NetBoot/SUS 3.0 and can't get the Netboot service to run. The light is always red. Help would be appreciated.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No more list of SWUs in v9?

On Casper 8 there was a page which listed all Software Update IDs available to all managed systems, and I used that to build my list of SWU IDs for my scripts. However, that page seems to be gone, am I just missing it? I can do a wildcard search for ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Forcing Logout to kick off Filevault2

Background:I have a policy in the JSS that runs a script with a series of Jamf Helper huds. These walk a user through the instructions for enabling FV2. However I cannot figure out how to force a logout of the current user. I had this all working rea...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 1 kudos

Phantom Dock Items

I created a new 10.9.2 image with customized default profile for our MacBook Airs, including MS Office 2011, McAfee Security and then joined to our Active Directory Domain with Mobile Accounts selected. When a user logs on, the Dock includes several ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Self Service not working properly

We provided some apps for our students using the self-service option, however, we ran out of codes for one app, and thus some students were left with a "pending" notification when they went to the App Store. We loaded more VPP licenses, and told the ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NON Casper IOS Profiles

Will casper remove self installed profiles when a device is enrolled? Seems like this is the case and just wanted to see if this was expected behavior.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS using NETSUS broken since 10.9

Since updating some machine to 10.9 my NETSUS server is no longer providing updates to these machines. Iv'e recently updated NETSUS to V3.0 thinking this might fix it but it hasn't.Historically iv'e pointed my machines to the root branch (http://10.8...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud Packaged packages Failing

Hey All,I'v started packaging the new Adobe CC apps using the Adobe Creative Cloud Packager. I'v tested each package locally and as a .pkg, they install fine. However, they seem to fail when trying to deploy via Casper Imaging, Self Service, or Remot...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

User initiated enrolment smart group

Hi everyone! I know its possible to create a smart group based on com.jamfsoftware.osxenrollment. However at the moment, all of our machines have currently been enrolled this way. What I plan to do is to separate the process for user initiated and re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

My Workflow to create new Netboot Images

I thought I would share my current workflow to create net boot images as quickly as possible. Any suggestions and advice are welcome. We purchased Casper in November and while we are using the package deployment stuff right now, we won't be doing a f...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS on CentOS

Hello, Anyone have a good trick on how I could install a JDS on a centos VM instead of RH or Ubuntu? I noticed @winningham.2, you mentioned on github that you were trying to get net/sus and ids working together on centos, maybe you could point me the...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS on CentOS

Hello, Anyone have a good trick on how I could install a JDS on a centos VM instead of RH or Ubuntu? I noticed @winningham.2, you mentioned on github that you were trying to get net/sus and ids working together on centos, maybe you could point me the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

GUI Scripting AirPort Menu Bar Selection Via Policy

Hi there, Has anyone had any success running GUI scripts through the Casper Suite as part of a recurring policy? I'm writing a script to automate the migration from a WPA2/PSK network to a WPA Enterprise network in an environment where the endpoints ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors