Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins February Meet up

To All Sydney Mac Admins, Our 2nd Meeting of the year is scheduled for the 26th Feb. We have a booking at 6pm for the Fulton Room at Hart’s Pub, Corner of Essex & Gloucester St, The Rocks . Don’t miss out on a great opportunity to get together with y...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Today Meeting

Hey it was great meeting you all at todays meeting. Thank you Jamf for Hosting us all. I would love to see the code to request an application from the Jamf IT Bryson. Also would some one mention Service-now and how they leverage it with active direct...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Edit Gatekeeper Settings on Netboot Image

Over the weekend I upgraded our JSS to v9.24. All is workingwell but I am seeing 1 small bug in Imaging. Following the instructions onJamfnation , Iupdated the version of the Casper Suite in my netboot image but every timeI kick off Casper Imaging wi...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Testing SUS config Profile

I want to confirm that the my SUS config profile is running correctly, doing what it's supposed to do and restricting updates from the correct SUS. - I have a RHEL netsus and am running 9.24 in a dev environment- In an effort to see if the .sucatalog...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone find a way to report the WIFI mac Address

Since upgrading to Casper 9, I am not able to use my custom Mac Address Report that would list out what ever group I had selected with both Ethernet and Wifi Mac Addresses as well as name/serial number. Anyone have a way to do this, maybe with the AP...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

lync and forced cert install

trying to package lync 14.0.7 and we get to a point where it prompts for a certificate install. is there a way to capture that or pre-tell it to auto-trust? on teh pc side we can write a reg key that will auto-trust it...but not on a mac.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notification of newly installed Applications

Anyone know of a way to be notified if users install new Applications to their systems? We're in a K-12 1:1 laptop deployment and would like to be prompted if student or faculty users install Applications beyond the base image of the systems.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Multiples JSS and Logs

Hi Everyone, I need a help to send recon results to multiples JSS servers, anyone have informations about how this is possible? I'm trying to use the command below: jamf recon -includeApplicationDetails -includeCLA -overrideJSS "https://reporterserve...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS upgrade from v8.73 to 9.24 on Redhat 6

We're having numerous problems after upgrading our Dev JSS from version 8.73 to 9.24. Almost all our managed preferences are missing! The add new button in computers' Configuration Profile has disappeared! In my opinion this should be a beta and not ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Vault 2 Mavericks Jss 9.23

hi Guys Im having a real hard time try to get FV2 working. I have a config for the Current and Next user for Individual and Institutional but what ever i do i cannot get any work flow working at all. If i do point and click through the gui every thin...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Lync Automation

I was wondering if anyone has ever automated the Lync login based on the AD account logged into the device? I was attempting to use AppleScript and "Tell Application" to set up the account but Lync doesn't seem to have an AppleScript dictionary. Sinc...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search for Computers with Old Binary

We upgraded our JSS over the weekend to 9.24 from 8.72. I want to keep an eye on the clients as they update their binary to 9.24. I don't see a way to create a smart group based on binary version. Am I overlooking something or is there another way to...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

8.7 to 9.24 upgrade on windows 2008 R2

Hi Everyone I was searching on here for any info or guidance for upgrading from 8.7 till 9.24.... didn't find any so I reached out the JAMF and I was told it shouldn't be a problem. So i took a snapshot of our JSS server and gave it a spin (the 4 ste...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Asset Tag to ARD Field

Hey all, Anyone know if there is a way to get the Inventory > General > Asset Tag of machine read from the jss and get that into the ARD fields? I use the 4 ARD fields of my machines.ARD 1 is populated by a script the reads the IOREG > Machine ModelA...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Application Usage: The Details

Anyone have any details on how application usage is tracked? Is Casper just grabbing data that is already grabbed by the OS? Or is Casper grabbing the information? What method is the JSS using to track when an application being used? That the applica...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

MD5 verification

A quick way I verify the validity of a download where the vendor posts the MD5 Checksum, such as JAMF Assets, is to use the Terminal.At the prompt, type "md5" + drag the .dmg from the Downloads folder + " | grep " + copy and paste the entire MD5 Chec...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Software Updates freeze JSS

Got a question for everyone- The other day I was enabling our policy for Software Updates to be ran for all of our Elementary buildings but ran into a big snag. After about 20 minutes JSS decided to lock up and I would have to restart TomCat again to...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need help with a script

Hello together, I'm pretty new to scripting on OS X and hope that one of you can help me with this. I have a script that is supposed to check if a certain app is installed, get its version and do something if it's not yet installed. #!/bin/sh echo "C...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show VPN on the Menu Bar

It took me a long time to find this code so I figured I would share it. To enable the option to "Show VPN on the Menu Bar" I used the code below. defaults write com.apple.systemuiserver menuExtras -array-add "/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/...  View more

• 48 replies
  • 2 kudos

Casper Focus Web Filter -- how do you make it happen?

I saw this mentioned on the "11 things you might not know about the Casper Suite" video from this years conference, but can't find any specifics about this works on this site or the JAMF product site. Can any point me to some information?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restart logged in user politely after policy run

I have a feeling i may be over thinking this, but i can't seem to do what i want. I basically want a nice and friendly way to ask the user to restart after a policy that requires a restart runs. I really don't care for the way JAMF implements restart...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors