Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Best migration procedure....

Hi... we have a casper server 8.73 with some data in... and we want to migrate everything to a new server (different hardware) in 9.23. The new server is up and running... everything looks fine. I did a backup of my database, import the data on the n...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error unpacking ROOT.WAR

First attempt installing 9.22 on a Win 2012 server. At first I was getting errors starting Tomacat, but it was successfully unpacking root.war according to the logs. Then I deleted the JSS folder in Program Files and tried again, now it's failing on ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Process "loginwindow console" doesn't terminate

With Mac OS X 10.8.5, SSD(!) boot device and Casper 8.64 the console login of a client policy request(?) doesn't teminate: bash-3.2# ps -ax | grep console 75 ?? 0:00.13 /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow console o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.5.8 to 10.8.5 file share over SMB

Please hold your laughter till the end.... I have 10.5.8 clients and am trying to connect to my Casper share on my 10.8.5 file share and the client gets an immediate "connection failed" message without asking for credentials. I am able to work normal...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where can we find a list of Apple board-ID's?

I've been searching for a list of board-IDs. There seems to be a list in the NBI (below) but no way to link to the specific models. I checked GSX as well, and unless it's hidden somewhere, I haven't been able to find it. Anyone have any idea where we...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 - With or Without Private Key?

Good day JAMFNation! All machines are running 10.8.5. JSS is 9.23. I've never dealt with FileVault in a non-security preference pane capacity. I've been following JAMF's guide at http://resources.jamfsoftware.com/documents/technical-papers/Administer...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS updated to 9.23 Linux (RHEL 6.5)

We did update the JSS (RHEL 6.5) to 9.23 from 9.22.Then as usual JDS no longer communicate. Then we updated the Master JDS with 9.23 installer and jamfds -v show 9.23 binary. But we cannot upload any package via CasperAdmin to the JSS. Annoying.We ha...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Users with matching RecordName

We have a new naming scheme for our student accounts, but are having difficulty with them since there's a conflict between new and old RecordNames. I know the quick and dirty of it is to remove the old account, but I was hoping there was another way....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Spotlight slowing MB Air

I imaged our student loan MacBook Airs with 10.9.1 and use Deep Freeze on them. Each time a user logs on, Spotlight starts indexing and slows the Mac to a crawl and drains precious battery power. Is there a proper way to disable Spotlight so it doesn...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wither NetInstall Creator?

Can JAMF confirm whether NetInstall Creator works or not? If so, what versions of JSS and OS X are supported? https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProduct.html?id=13 "Record Last Updated: 1/11/13 at 10:41 AM by nick" PS, hoping this tool doesn't w...  View more

• 64 replies
  • 0 kudos

Directory Bindings

So I understand you can use the JSS to mas deploy binding of your machines to AD/OD rather than do it manually individually, correct? But one thing that I think kind of defeat this feature is that you cannot customize the Computer OU name for multipl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Insert Background Image on Lock Screen?

Hi Nation, We are currently using the Required Password preference in Managed Preferences. When the lock screen kicks in, our users see a black screen and must type their credentials to unlock the screen. I've been asked to temporarily re-brand our l...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CERTIFICATE ERROR on SAFARI, MOZZILLA

I am fairly new to casper, and just finished installing the JSS on a MAC OS X mini. The JSS will only be available for internal users only. I received 2 files from the network admin containing 2 files (.cer and p7b) - based on what I researched this ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 9.23 bug

just to warn you there is a bug in version 9.23 If you have lots of smart configurations under a parent, under Casper Imaging 9.23 only the FIRST smart config will install items from the parent. This is defect D-006316 Just letting you know so your n...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Different package logic: Self Service vs policy

I have a post-installation bash script for a package where I want to have different logic to determine whether the package is being deployed via Self Service vs a policy. For example, I may want to have different jamfHelper messages to appear dependi...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

'At Reboot' scripts running before reboot

I have several 'At Reboot' scripts that run during the imaging process when using Casper Imaging. They do various things like configure application licensing. These used to run as intended, after the machine loads and reboots for the first time. Now ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Web Ex / Java - Repeated Proxy Prompts

I am not sure when this began happening, but as of this week, when attempting to access a web ex meeting, our users are prompted repeatedly for proxy credentials. It is not the native OS X proxy prompt, but a generic window titles 'Proxy Authenticati...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bypass Proxy Settings -Newbie

We are a high school running 10.8.5 on about 800 macairs. We have a configuration profile setup with a payload for Network. Wifi, SSID password, Proxy Setup "Manual", Proxy server "proxy.XXXX.XX", port 8080, authentication and password are blank sinc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Configuration Profiles not installing

I have a test JSS server that was running 9.22 and installing the Wireless configuration profiles so I could start testing my profiles and policies to make sure everything would be working when we upgraded our main server to version 9. Everything was...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors