Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Quick Add Package Creation - "pax" utility

Getting this error while trying to create a quick-add package. Couldn't create packageThe "pax" utility could not create an archive of the contents.It is possible that the UID and GID are to big for "pax" to handle.If you are logged in as a network u...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] New Java Based Malware

Source: http://arstechnica.com/security/2014/01/java-based-malware-driving-ddos-botnet-infects-windows-mac-linux-devices/ Researchers have uncovered a piece of botnet malware that is capable of infecting computers running Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

simple syntax terminal command question

I am trying to clean up the results that report back on my EA. I am sure this is something simple but my eyes are getting cross-eyed trying to get the correct syntax. I have an EA that reports back the board-id of the systems. echo "$(ioreg -p "IODev...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create reports of Logs

Anyway to create reports from logs? Particularly Application Usage Logs and Computer Usage Logs? Perhaps through the API or some other way? Thanks.Mark  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Build 13A3028

Any one tried using this as their base image?Does this build come with pre-installed iWorks?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Password Expiration Warning without Active Directory

We are working with a group that can't have an Acitve Directory server, but wants passwords to expire. We were able to create a password expiration using pwpolicy, but it does not produce an expiration warning, so users end up getting locked out in s...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 and curl : a warning

So i've been trying to find out why our DMZ HTTPS DP isn't working anymore. Turns out it's entirely due to the version of curl present in 10.9. (curl is used by the jamf binary to get scripts and packages from HTTPS distribution points it seems). I'l...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to 8.52 to 9.22

Are there any issues with going from 8.52 to 9.22. (I have asked about skipping steps earlier, but what about a big jump like this.)  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto login from CLI in 10.9

Im trying to create an auto login user in 10.9.It worked in 10.8 but doesn't seem to work in 10.9. I've created a pkg with the following files but no luck:/etc/kcpassword/Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow.plist I have also tried Per Olofsson'...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS API Questions

I have some questions about how to utilize the JSS API. I'm not very familiar with SOAP calls and the like but I'm trying to learn to piece together this process. A little background first. In the process I have developed the deploying technician get...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Configuration Profile

Forgive me for asking a newbie question, but I cannot seem to figure out how to create an OS X configuration profile. I've been able to manage some settings, but for example, I want to create a wireless preauth configuration profile. My understanding...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

View differences between packages

Hi all, I'm wondering if there is a way (either through Casper or otherwise) to make comparisons between packages? For instance, if I need to find differences between package contents? Similar to what vimdiff does for text files - where you can see d...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Global MDM inventory

Is there a way to do a Global MDM inventory? We often have the need to do an inventory check when we push out new in house apps and provisioning profiles  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has osascript changed in 10.9?

Scripts that use to work no longer will display notification to the user logged in. I know Apple changed some of the Accessibility settings with 10.9 but I'm wondering how to get it to work with a policy in Self Service. The below was working recentl...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks: MAS Receipt Question

Afternoon everyone,Can anyone clear up my uncertainty....I recently downloaded Mavericks via the App Store using my own own personal Apple ID. I'd like to create a Mavericks configuration and am uncertain whether or not my Apple ID will be permanentl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox ESR 24.2.0 Packaging

I am looking to upgrade our current Firefox ESR 17.0.8 users to 24.2.0. I am using a similar packaging methodology where I include some a channel-prefs.js and user.js in the /defaults folder within the application. This worked well in 17.0.8 to auto ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot not allowing Mac HD to unmount

Hi all, we have an issue where, when netbooting and asking disk utility to partition/erase/unmount the Macintosh HD, there is an error that the disk can not be unmounted. Anyone had this before? Any solutions please? The Mac OS used to create the NBi...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Freeze up

Hey Everyone! Kind of in a pickle here and I have been working on this issue for quite some time but wondering if anyone else out there might have something. In the mornings (at about 8:05AM) my JSS will not load on the web browser until I go over to...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors