Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Home Drive Syncing

As we look to deploy Macs, we want to make sure we can emulate the same options available to our users on Mac OS that they have on Windows. One of these is home drive syncing. Everyone gets a personal network share, and on our laptops, this share syn...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks via Self Service - 1st Failure

I've used the same mechanism fine on over 30 units so far but i've had my first failure this morning after running the update and selecting the HD. Log MessageFeb 6 10:26:34 mc88343 Install OS X Mavericks[12521]: Could not add SWU product Anyone seen...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with CURL

Hey all, I got curl to download the QuickAdd.pkg directly from the JSS's enrollment URL but when it does download, it's a 1kb file and installer bombs out. Any thoughts in my syntax? cd ~/Desktop; curl -O -k -u jssUserName:jssPassWord https://my.jss....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set asset tag policy fails with 10.9 and 9.22

as topic states, we have been using Tlarkin's script to prompt the user to set their asset tag, but that is no longer working with our casper suite 9.22 and Mavericks. This is the script as we are currently using it: #!/bin/bash # use apple script an...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Options for VPN on iOS

The last I remember we can setup a VPN in profiles or install a VPN app/client on the iPads. However, there is no way to: force the user to only use the VPN app prevent the user from deleting the profiles Am I wrong on this?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Home grown backup?

From the research I've been doing I understand that PHDs are a very bad thing. Other than going down the CrashPlan route, does anyone have any solutions for syncing data to network drives when customers are off-site? Perhaps based on rsync or unison ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV

My district is going to begin rolling out ATV. I've tried to deploy a policy to my iPads with the password to the ATV. it just will not work! anyone else having this issue? I'm running JSS 9.22  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firebird Database

Installing Fiery and the Fiery Software suite I noticed that all of a sudden I have a new standard user.... "Firebird Database". Anyone know what will happen if I delete this user? If I have to have it how do I hide it?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Encompass Service?

Anyone use the Encompass Program? http://www.jamfsoftware.com/services/strategy-planning-and-management-services/encompass-program/ How is your Experience? Any input would be awesome. Thanks JAMFnation!Rhett  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Reboot - No Longer working?

I am trying to correlate the factors which contributed to this issue, but the only change in my environment was the JSS update to 9.22. In any event, I am finding that my self service policies which have a restart configured - whether it be immediate...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X mavericks Dock lock down

I'm new to OSX management via the JSS, what I'm looking to do is install a pre-defined Dock to all computers under management. I used composer to create a .DMG and uploaded it to a windows distribution point. I then created a policy to trigger on log...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distributing VPP apps

I've been searching but can't seem to find a solid answer on the forums here: What is the easiest way to distribute VPP purchased apps? We have a 1:1 deployment of iPads that we purchased Pages and iMovie for and would like to be able to assign a lic...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] AFP Shares not disconnecting from server

Anybody else notice that AFP shares not disconnecting from the servers? Every day I logon to our JSS server and open Server.app and have to turn off/on the FileSharing service to boot connections...They have to be idle because they are 49min, 17h, 18...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 365 Migration

Has anyone here done an office 365 migration? Are there any other requirements other than Office 2011 SP3? Is there any way to script the server changes if Auto discover does not work? Anything would help.  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

GSX in Europe

Anyone had any luck getting GSX set up in europe? Our account manager basically tells us to get lost, or contact the correct person at apple, but doesn't know who that is..... great service :D  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brisbane based JAMF training

Are their any Australian based Casper folk that would be interested in purchasing a spot on CCA, CCE, or CJA training (if) QUT were to have available spots? We are currently in talks with JAMF on paying for Brisbane based training and were interested...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Xcode 5.0.2

Would any body be able to assist I am wanting to package Xcode 5.0.2 with its components installed and make the users be in the developer group when they use the program.I have used composer and captured the program, when its opened I get a prompt sa...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple google calendars on iPhone/ iPad

Some of the staff are using multiple google calendars except their personal google/ email calendar. How can we add multiple calendars on iPad/ iPhone. I have added the calendars to my account using https://www.google.com/calendar/iphoneselect but the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] We Have Another One!

This time it appears to be a student in Australia who complains that Self Service keeps reinstalling itself... http://www.reddit.com/r/applehelp/comments/1wxgy7/help_with_an_application_that_reinstalls_itself/  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x Wireless Login Window Profile

I'm trying to create a login window profile for wirelessly authenticating to our wireless network. I have all of our network settings set correctly and I have set it to login window, but the login window attribute does not seem to be applying. The ma...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors