Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Self Service Version 9.22 Crashes on 10.5.8

Since my upgrade to 9.22, Every time Self Service is opened on a 10.5.8 machine it closes right away with the message "The application Self Service quit unexpectedly." When I click the relaunch button, it does the same thing. Thoughts?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Configuration Profile & Self Service

Is there a way to re-deploy a configuration profile that was only made available in Self Service? E.g. I have our Exchange configuration available in self service Profiles tab to assist staff and students with their email configuration. I assumed tha...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 1.7u51 and NetConnect

Rich posted a great article detailing a change in Java 1.7u51; namely, the default security level is now "High", and unsigned applets are blocked. http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2014/01/15/java-7-update-51-blocks-older-network-connect-java-applets/...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrading 10.7 to 10.9 OTA

I'm planning to test a pilot of 20 users to upgrade from 10.7 to 10.9. Has anyone upgraded to Mavericks via OTA? The long term plan is to upgrade 1000 Macbook Air's and possibly additional 4300 depending how things turn out. Touching each machine isn...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.22 - User privileges FV2

Hi, Since we have update to JSS 9.22 our tech-group seems to have lost the Privileges to get the restore key for FV2 when logging on to the Management server. looking at the privileges it has the "view Disk Encryption Recovery Key" checked but clicki...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Questions on clustered JSS in DMZ

Hey guys, I have some questions on a clustered JSS in a DMZ. I'm not clear with this completely. I used https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=174 and the port list in the install guide for this, but here are my missing things: Which Por...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Help

trying to modify the FireFox prefs.js file in the local profile with the script below and getting the error below when run from casper. It works fine in terminal. #!/bin/bash user=ls -la /dev/console | cut -d " " -f 4 echo user_pref ('"network.negoti...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help With Software Update Server

I have setup an internal Software Update Server. It is a Mac mini running OS 10.9 Mavericks. I have created a policy to run Software Update in Self Service and it works perfectly, as long as the client is running Mavericks as well. Snow Leopard and M...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

mountNetworkShare.sh Question

I have a bit of a peculiar situation regarding how to mount our users home shares. We have a bit of an odd setup where there is no data passed with the SMBhome field from AD. Our windows machines have a rather extensive login script that maps various...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Service 10.9 install problem

I know there has been a lot of discussion about how seamless and easy it's supposed to be to upgrade to 10.9 by just copying the installer over and creative a self-service policy for it, however we've not had that experience at all, it simply never w...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles Being Removed Randomly

I am seeing some odd behavior with my configuration profiles. Some of the profiles seem to have been removed, and won't go back. On some machines, in the history, the profiles are installed and then immediately removed. On others, its a few months la...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Appliance

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone of you guys know or had experience setting up multiple NetSUS instances on different sites that are all on different subnets?Can you setup one of the NetSUS to be your master SUS and have the other instances sync to t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 - anyone install it yet?

Preparing to begin packaging and was curious of any gotchas.I saw a couple PDFs here for CS5 and CS5.5, but the links lead to dead ends and a search didn't yield me anything.  View more

• 21 replies
  • 0 kudos

Massive Read/Write on Database

Hey All, I have been without the JSS in any form for the past 5 days now and am beginning to go crazy. The original problem was that I the JSS would just get bogged down after running for more than 5 minutes. What I mean by bogged down is that the Da...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacWorld 2014 - JNUC coupon not working?

Curious if anyone else tried to use that discount code from JNUC for Macworld 2014 and now the discount is not working? Was their some kind of Cut off date to book by for it to work? Kind of hugely disappointed on this.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package Priorities and Policies

Are package priorities considered when multiple policies are running at once? In other words, if policy A has a package with a priority of 10 and policy B has a package with a priority of 5, will policy B run before policy A? Thanks.  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

problems with nested smart configurations

Anyone else having problems with Casper Imaging handling nested smart configs? It's creating two recovery partitions whenever I select a smart config whose parent is also a smart config. Was on Casper 9.12 and I'm not sure when the behavior started. ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cached Packages

How does this attribute work? I know how it should work in my mind but I can't seem to make it work on my install.So I have a policy set to cache package ABC123.dmgNext, I have a Smart Group set up with the Cached Packages policy set to has ABC123.dm...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Rebranding Self Service Web Clip background in v9.22

Hi all, If anyone can share their experience it will be very much appreciated... I am trying to change the the Self Service Web Clip background in JSS 9.22. It appears the image structure is different in v9 than it was in v8 with jpg's being replaced...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks - CocoaDialog at logout

Our organization has been using CocoaDialog progress bars at logout to display the installation progress of non-Apple and Apple software updates. Recently I've been working on our Mavericks image (which has been quite a pain, to say the least) and we...  View more

• 71 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sydney Mac Admins January Meet up.

To All Sydney Mac Admins, After the success of our inaugural meeting in December 2013, we have booked a room for the 29th of January Meeting. For details see http://www.afp548.com/2014/01/12/sydney-australia-mac-admins-january-2014-meet-up/  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile

Hey. Our company decided to use Cisco's token-less SSL VPN Service for Macs- and it was a mess to enable due to Safari (rightly) hating Java. Essentially, the VPN service ran a java script that kicked on Cisco AnyConnect- and then errored out due to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

smart group populating incorrectly..

After having migrated our MySQL database from 5.6.x to 5.5.x, the database is populating with incorrect data. I had to re-save criteria on smart groups several times in order to gather valid machines. I'm wondering if there's a particular query I can...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

How long does it take to upgrade JSS 8.73 to 9.22

Hi Everyone, I am currently running a upgrade of our Production server after taking the necessary steps to clone the VM, backup the DB and also snapshot the Virtual Linux server before running the upgrade. The JSS is running on a Redhat Linux Server ...  View more

• 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

ServiceNow

I am about to possibly be assigned to an implementation of ServiceNow in our organization. I would like to get others' thoughts about this product and get some feedback on what skill set is required to be a competent SN admin.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors