Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

open Self Service via email link

forgive me if im going mad but im sure someone told me there was a trick to send a link via email which ill open the Self Service.app on the machine. Does anyone know of this?  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default distribution point that isn't the Master?

I'd like to know if anyone knows a way to make a non-Master distribution point behave the default distribution point for a JSS (we're using 8.7x, although soon to move to 9). We have set up a Master distribution point with limited access, and a front...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

rsync script for backing up user data

Okay, so we are getting ready for our 10.6 migration to 10.8 and with it we are doing a fresh install. Below is a rsync script I've been working on, but it seems to ignore the "--excludes" every time??? Any ideas? #!/bin/bash ########################...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Certification validation issues on corporate LAN

Hello, I've run into a weird issue that I'd like advise on. We have a publicly signed SSL certificate for our internal JSS. The goal is to have this site trusted by a New Mac with no corporate certs/settings loaded onto it. However when I browse to t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

AIRSecureTest iOS app

This app is a mobile secure browser from the American Institutes for Research, which supports Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium testing pursuant to the Common Core State Standards Initiative. One of this app's requirements is to have Guided Acce...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox ESR 17.0.8 - Mavericks Error

We currently use Firefox ESR 17.0.8 to access some business applications that are not compatible with Safari. After updating to Mavericks, when attempting to access a website via Firefox, I experienced the following error:Alert - Could not initialize...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating an OS Package for 10.9 MBP Retina

Hi all, I'm trying to create a OS Package from a 10.9.1 MBP Retina 13" - Composer creates the .dmg fine. However I try to upload it into Casper Admin, and edit info I get stuck. When ticking the box "item is a dmg with an OS X Installer . . . . . " a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notify when a computer checks in

Is there a way to notify me via Email when a 10.6.8 laptop checks in?I set up a SMART group with the following:Last Check-in: after 2014-01-08and Computer Name is I checked Send email notification on membership changeDoes that look like it will work?...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

List of Restricted apps

Good Morning everyone! I am looking into anyone that has a list of their restricted process apps with JSS. I have seen a lot of people have been doing this and with this my first year with 1:1 and with JSS-I was looking into some insight or apps that...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 1 kudos

List of Restricted apps

Good Morning everyone! I am looking into anyone that has a list of their restricted process apps with JSS. I have seen a lot of people have been doing this and with this my first year with 1:1 and with JSS-I was looking into some insight or apps that...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks 10.9 Managed Preferences in Education

I was curious how some other educational environments are handling managed preferences in Mavericks. I've been experimenting with Configuration Profiles, WGM-MCX, modifying the user template, login policies, launch agents, etc. I imagine most admins ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

S3 Cloud DP failover

Hey, Is there any way to make clients failover to the S3 distribution point should the be outside of one of our LANs? Is there a way to scope it through network segments? Thanks  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

-Best- method of creating a Mavericks configuration?

I am reaching out in hope that the community can collectively recommend an ideal method of creating a Mavericks Configuration. In the past, we followed /url">@jhalvorson][/url instructions found at: [https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.htm...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Bitcoin Mining Apps

It's come to my attention that some of my...ahem...industrious...ahem...students have been installing Bitcoin-mining software on their MacBook Airs. Never mind that it would take *ages* for a mining app to actually generate a single bitcoin, this is ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Putting a JSS on Windows Server 2012 R2, yes/no?

edit: this posted multiple times, please comment on the first one, thanks! and sorry. We are looking to put an external JSS in the DMZ and one of our options is a VM running Windows Server 2012 R2. Does anyone have any experience with this? I noticed...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

edit: this seems to have posted multiple times, sorry! please comment on the first one, thanks! We are looking to put an external JSS in the DMZ and one of our options is a VM running Windows Server 2012 R2. Does anyone have any experience with this?...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

We are looking to put an external JSS in the DMZ and one of our options is a VM running Windows Server 2012 R2. Does anyone have any experience with this? I noticed a few posters from early last year (Jan 2013) tried out 2012 with no major issues, ha...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error running recon: Connection Failure

With every policy that installs a package, we always have a handful of machines that will successfully install the package but fail to run a Recon post-install. These are not the same machines each time. Here is a sample log: Executing Policy Adobe F...  View more

• 92 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Printer Drivers

I've deployed and installed all HP and Kyocera printer drivers to the Macs. Our printers are older models too, and if I add a printer I still get this pop up. Anybody have any solutions to not have them go through this process? Also having an issue a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login denied on infoblox

I am facing issue while loging into infoblox. it is throwing error "Authentication error:'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 3-4:invalid data apparently_via=GUI:".. Any cllue about it?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem with Parameter Values

I Have the following problem:I have to create a script that does nothing more than copy a folder from destination A into the home-directory of the actually logged-in user. The script should be executed by SelfService.The idea is to have the source fo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice for a staging / Dev JSS?

Im looking to setup a dev environment for staging purposes. I'd like to have my primary JSS replicate its database to a dev JSS keeping that database "current" Here we could enroll clients, test policies, packages, ect before rolling it out globally....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors