Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

smart group to update ARD client

It's easy enough in ARD Admin to search for computers that are running old versions of ARD client, and update them by hand when I happen to see them. Is there a way to automate this process in Casper? iow, can I create a smart group that finds every ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Defaults in Mavericks not working past first login.

I've run across a very unusual issue. I've always handled user defaults by copying an account into English.lprog. Now that I have several hundred new iMacs that came with 10.9 this method doesn't seem to be working for me. Initial log in works as exp...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

PreStage Imaging Computer name list limit?

Greetings! Brand new to Casper and just finished the JumpStart. I'm specifically trying to list the names I want to assign to brand new computers I need to prestage. However, when I enter a couple of names as per our naming convention, it's fine. If ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SafeCom Badge Printing - 10.9

Hello - Our organization recently implemented SafeCom badge scanners on our HP MFPs. It has been difficult identifying the proper configuration for these badge printers to work properly, since the instructions call for a 'HP Global Print' driver, whi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

My Documents Folder Disappeared

Hey everyone! At one of my sites the My Documents Folder has disappeared when users log in using Active Directory credentials. It happens on some of the computers out there but not all of them. Does anyone have any suggestions for a policy that I cou...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

So what went down?

I was unable to attend last minute, so what went down yesterday at the Boston area JAMF User Group?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

replication constantly removing files from DPs

I've noticed on some of my DPs that when I do a replication it's always removing the same files. Forinstance, we have 10 or 11 DPs, and every time I do our NY DP, according to C.Admin Sync Log it's removing the same 20 or so packages. I can log into ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connected Shares

Hi, Does anyone know of the best way to collect which network shares users are connected to in inventory. Would help us to know who actually connects to some of our shares and which protocol they are using. Im guessing an extension attribute is the w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Controlling Chrome Apps for Mac

With the announcement of Chrome Apps for Mac being made available today, has anyone considered the potential of controlling these apps from being downloaded? Upon initial review, it appears that as long as you have Google Chrome installed, you're fre...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Python Scripts with Indent Errors

Anyone here use python for their scripting in JSS? I'm trying to move over to python for my scripting, but i'm running into formatting issues when i copy my scripts into the script window. Everything looks ok when i copy it in, but when the scripts r...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WPA2 Enterprise Config Profile

Hi All, Anyone else having issues creating Wireless config profile in JSS?Every time I setup my profile with wpa2 enterprise and all the corresponding settings(TTLS, PEAP, Log in Window, Use Directory Auth and with Root CA cert) it always saves it as...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Phantom package = replication errors

I had an old CS4 package that was improperly removed from the JSS. I think it was manually deleted from the master CasperShare directory, and then later from CasperAdmin- or something stupid like that. Anyway, the package absolutely is not on the JSS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MS Remote Desktop 8.03

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id715768417?mt=12 Various Bug Fixes and choice between custom or OS X full-screen mode (annoying)  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mobile active directory account (non admin)

Attempting to image a Macbook Pro. Would like the following: ( an admin account, 4 package installers and the ability for mobile accounts via Active directory to login with local folders ). MAIN ISSUE: Mobile account in active directory isn't prompte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Replication error due to password mismatch

Hi all, we had a jumpstart about a year ago where we set up and generated the casperinstall and casperread user accounts that people typically use with their File Distribution Points and JDS instances. Those passwords were not kept and have since bee...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Issues

I recently setup our JSS such that I want to start using Configuration Profiles. Everything had been working in testing until today, but I didn't make any changes to the JSS that I can recall. I have a valid MDM Push Notification Certificate installe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

no authority to run jamfagent

Okay here is what I am trying to do. I have several accounts on machines that need draconian level restrictions. I have limited what apps can run and what the clients can do via configuration profiles created in jamf. I keep getting a pop up on the c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Anti-virus

I am sure there are other methods to uninstall Symantec Anti-virus from a mac via Casper Policy, but this one works for my environment. I just thought I would share. On your source computer (by source computer, I mean the computer that you use to bui...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language Settings per User

We have a workflow that installs a few profiles for WiFiand adds two users after a reboot. The Problem with those users ist that the language settings are in English, not in German as the first local account. i tried a script as follows: #!/bin/sh su...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Issues via Casper

Hi Guys, Does anyone no of a fix for deploying a Creative Cloud Package via casper? The package works fine, if you install locally, but once its uploaded to casper admin and deployed it will fail. Thanks Mitch  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating pkg with Composer (basics)

Hi all, First time post and trying out some of the tools. I found that when you take a normal screenshot with Composer and then proceed with installing the application, it provides you with a file structure of modified/new files which is great. Howev...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors