Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2 now available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2. This is our compatibility release with the new operating systems coming from Apple this fall. There are a number of updated or new keys, a GSX Update, and updates to the Azure AD migration ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.40.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.40.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free san...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Prevent Users from Removing Configuration Profiiles

What is the best way to do this minus no admin rights? I tried to limit the System Preferences but what ends up happening is all Prefs in the "Other" section are disabled as well. What is the best way to stop users from removing the profiles? This is...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Targeted Extension Attribute Collection

I'm hoping this is an easy question and perhaps something I missed in the JAMF documentation. Is there a way to target extension attribute collections to specific workstations for testing purposes? Thanks!JS  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 and MCX issues

I have installed a machine with 10.8 and realised that the legacy MCX settings for pre 10.7 have been applied to this machine. I have setup profiles for the 10.7 and 10.8 clients and they appear to be working fine. My issue is that I cannot seem to r...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging NetBoot with Lion fails

Hi Folks, we have a problem with Casper Imaging NetBoot on a Lion-Machine. We configure a basic OS X Lion, using System Image Utility, choose this configured Lion as the Image-Source and adding the CasperImaging Workflow to the end. We can start from...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

enabling ssh for all users

Hi, Our deployments are set so that only the Management account can use SSH. I'm trying to work through how to change that to All Users because of a request for one of the labs that is for computer science students. As the machines are already imaged...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Exchange MCX?

Hey im looking to create a mail Managed preference that will work with out Kerio exchange server.Has anyone done this and how did they configure it without getting issues?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove the JAMF binary from a Client

Hi, I would like to install the JAMF Binary on a client - conduct some tests- Then Remove the JAMF binary - before cloning that machine… There is a terminal command for removing the jamf binary But jamf help does not list that command… Can anyone rem...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory>Model on 10.8 machines

Hi, sorry if I missed this elsewhere... Seems when I look at computer inventory for 10.8 machines, model information is not populated. Anyone else seeing this, any explanation? thanks  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Screen Sharing/VNC logs error

Hey all, been using 8.6 since it came out, and i noticed that my Screen Sharing/VNC logs seem broken. error reads as : org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 I rest...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"GSX Lookup was not successful."

Hi!We're running JSS 8.6, and despite "Test the connection" under Settings>JSS Settings>GSX Connection giving the positive reply "GSX test was successful," we can't get it to work from Inventory>purchasing. In that case we just get "GSX Lookup was no...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove an Apple Update Server

I have computers that have been imaged on one of my network segments that has an Apple Update Server but are now on a different network segment. Now that they are on the new segment without the Apple Update server they still try to find the server wh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script student network share and home share drive

Hi All Guru Next year our school will go for BYOD, students are allow to bring their own Mac Book to school and it is not bind to AD but they have to enroll with Casper. How could i write the script that will map the student share and home folder sha...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging defaults to Master Distribution Point

We have several Distribution Points. For some reason Casper Imaging is defaulting to the Master Distribution Point. In other words the Use Distribution Point popup menu shows the Master even though the Mac is on the same subnet as a different Distrib...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion - Imaging Error

Hey Guys, Can anybody tell me how or why Casper Imaging comes up with the following error when imaging via Mountain Lion ? "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down."  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy e-books for 1:1 iPads

Does anyone have any advice or gotcha's for distributing App Store e-books from Self-Service? We have about 2k iPads supervised with configurator and I know the question will be coming my way! Thank you in advance guys.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Errors when running scripts

I think this will be something simple. I frequently have policies that run scripts and It seems that I get a lot of policy errors even though the script exit code is 0. It seems that the jss does not expect any output from the script in the "Script R...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snow Leopard Image Hangs (Casper Imaging 8.52)

I built a vanilla Snow Leopard image based on 10.6.8, captured it with composer 8.52, and am deploying it with Casper Imaging 8.52. After the install, it hangs and never boots (it never passes the Apple logo screen with the spinner). I know it is not...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quickadd packge changes?

I vaguely recall that back in the day when I created a quickadd package I was able to go in to the package, and pull the script out. That script had the encrypted password and commands to create the new account. With that I could take the info and pa...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX from OD Then rollout Casper all New users no MCX?

Hey Guys. New here, Just had our jumpstart and ready to go, Picture this Jss 8.6 OD and AD bound Mac 10.7.3 with MCX from OD Push the Quick-add to the machine via ARD, Success! No impact for existing users can remote etc :) However, When a new user t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Shockwave and Composer

Hi everyone When trying to make a shockwave package using composer v8.6 it's not overwriting the version thats already there. When I delete the file from Internet Plugins folder it installs fine. To make the package I have tried dragging the pkg into...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MacAir 11" 1:1 Initiative

Our school board just voted to lease 700 11" MacAirs in order to move to 1:1 in grades 9-12. I am looking best practices, tips, tricks and do's and don'ts. The MacAir's will ship with Lion but may be updated to Mountain Lion. We use the Casper Suite....  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors