Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mobile active directory account (non admin)

Attempting to image a Macbook Pro. Would like the following: ( an admin account, 4 package installers and the ability for mobile accounts via Active directory to login with local folders ). MAIN ISSUE: Mobile account in active directory isn't prompte...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Replication error due to password mismatch

Hi all, we had a jumpstart about a year ago where we set up and generated the casperinstall and casperread user accounts that people typically use with their File Distribution Points and JDS instances. Those passwords were not kept and have since bee...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Issues

I recently setup our JSS such that I want to start using Configuration Profiles. Everything had been working in testing until today, but I didn't make any changes to the JSS that I can recall. I have a valid MDM Push Notification Certificate installe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

no authority to run jamfagent

Okay here is what I am trying to do. I have several accounts on machines that need draconian level restrictions. I have limited what apps can run and what the clients can do via configuration profiles created in jamf. I keep getting a pop up on the c...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstalling Symantec Endpoint Anti-virus

I am sure there are other methods to uninstall Symantec Anti-virus from a mac via Casper Policy, but this one works for my environment. I just thought I would share. On your source computer (by source computer, I mean the computer that you use to bui...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

Language Settings per User

We have a workflow that installs a few profiles for WiFiand adds two users after a reboot. The Problem with those users ist that the language settings are in English, not in German as the first local account. i tried a script as follows: #!/bin/sh su...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Creative Cloud Issues via Casper

Hi Guys, Does anyone no of a fix for deploying a Creative Cloud Package via casper? The package works fine, if you install locally, but once its uploaded to casper admin and deployed it will fail. Thanks Mitch  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating pkg with Composer (basics)

Hi all, First time post and trying out some of the tools. I found that when you take a normal screenshot with Composer and then proceed with installing the application, it provides you with a file structure of modified/new files which is great. Howev...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

APNs via Proxy

We are the organization that has the most restrict security policy. The Casper MDM Redhat Linux Server is not allowed to open port 2195 to extranet directly. APNs traffic has to be redirect to our Bluecoat proxy server. I am asking any one, who succe...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Very Slow USB Boot Mavericks

Hi: We've created many USB boot drives in the past with no issue. I also consulted the many instructional posts from here about creating a USB boot drive, but with our new Mavericks sticks the boot times are insanely slow and the machine performance ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

time for adobe flash updates

http://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player/apsb13-28.html DetailsAdobe has released security updates for Adobe Flash Player 11.9.900.152 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh and Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.327 and earlier version...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Access for iBooks

I have a problem i can't solve and Ive tried everything. I currently build interactive books for a company using iBook Author. Students from all over the US come to this school. I need to figure out a way to allow access to the book for the students ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging prior to Setup Assistant running

I'm hoping to provide a way to take a Mac, quite literally, directly out of the box and image it (having never run Setup Assistant). I can disable the setup assistant, but the problem is that the management account does not seem to be added to the Ma...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-Casper Issue: Time Machine Backups failing

We are looking at moving to CrashPlan (hopefully) early next year. Until then we are getting multiple TimeMachine errors like this - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s87/sh/d03288e2-4ad7-4466-957b-2b9b4fcdea55/71afa07540fd89e5f9a7eabfc96b4f1e "The back...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe--problem deploying through policy?

I've created a CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg and Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg per the JAMF white paper and created a policy to deploy to users. I set the priority for CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg to 8 and Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg to 10, so that th...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for input...Casper Suite 9 on 10.9 Servers

Okay, so we are new to JAMF but man have we discovered a lot in the past month and a half of trying to get this beast up and going. Per advise for our contacts at the time we turned up Casper Suite 9.2 on 10.9 servers, we've since upgraded to 9.21, b...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying OS X 10.9 Mavericks upgrade not automated

With version 9.2 of the Casper Suite we have the option to add the "Install OS X Mavericks.app” to the Casper Admin to easily create create an upgrade package. This is a great functionality but I’m facing a very strange problem. I followed all the st...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS, Casper Admin, and compiled images

Problem: It seems that when using just the JDS method of distribution points, one cannot compile images and thus the block copy imaging is not available. Question: What is the community using to compile images in such a fashion that, if uploaded to J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Offline Notifications?

Absent an externally-facing JSS, anyone have an effective means for posting policy messages to your users when not on your network? We're in midst of deferred FileVault rollout so I've created a daily message policy reminding our folks to logout to e...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Installer error

Has anyone ever gotten this error while trying to run the JDS installer? 12/5/13 4:45:45.785 PM Installer[765]: jamfds installer error: { NSAppleScriptErrorAppName = Installer; NSAppleScriptErrorBriefMessage = "Traceback (most recent call last): File...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks Microsoft CA Certificate Request Failing

Wondering if anyone else has seen the following behaviour and has a solution. I am requesting a system certificate from a Microsoft CA using the 'AD Certificate' payload within a configuration profile. The Mac is bound to AD and has the appropriate r...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS fails to install -- ERROR cannot get UUID

So I keep encountering the following error when I attempt to run the JDS installer: Allow untrusted SSL certificate? (y/n): y Could not get UUID failed to create configuration file. check /usr/local/jds/logs/jamf.log for more information. the log lis...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors