Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

10.8 Dock Items different than 10.9 Dock Items...

Has anyone started playing around with this? The paths that are created in 10.9 (do to SMB2) are different from those in 10.8 and therefore 10.8 dock items do not work when pushed via policy. There doesn't seem to be a way to "categorize" the dock ic...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Downgrade OSX on new Macbook

I've received one of the new Late 2013 Macbook Pro and it has come with Mavericks preinstalled. Initial testing has shown that Mavericks is really not suitable for our environment right now, but it won't boot any of my 10.8 images/boot disks. A quick...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2012 or Linux ?

Hi All, I am considering moving my current install to a new server - well a new virtual server under HyperV. My current install is Win2008R2 running as a HyperV VM. I am interested in people's opinions as to whether I should go Win2012 or Linux (prob...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Collect System Log

I'm looking for ideas/best practices on remotely retrieving log files from a client over the internet. I would like to have a Self Service policy that grabs and zips up the requested log files. Once compressed, I have had a few thoughts on where thos...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default Dock for Mavericks

First post jamfnation... With 10.8.X we were able to setup a default dock with the Apps we wanted by modifying and then fixing permission on the plist:/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/default.plist After making t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Server 3.0.1 and downloading the pkg file

It seems that if you did the debug mode in the app store, and then used it to grab the pkg file out. It seems it wont allow you to install the updates for the App. App store wants me to repurchase 3.0.1 stating:Server 3 is already installed and was n...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a custom icon to Self Service policy

We've compiled some core audio libraries for Ableton Live into a package that we want to make available in Self Service. We would like to make this identifiable by adding a custom icon to Self Service. A policy was scoped to install the package conta...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Prevent iWork 2013 From Being Free

My department has received a few of the new 2013 Retina MacBooks for deployment with our clients, and we've been dealing with a bit of the growing pains with the release of Mavericks and the Haswell OS build. The problem we have now is that the new h...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Codes in JSS Dashboard

What does the "Clear VPP Codes" button (under Mobile Devices/apps in JSS Dashboard) do? Does it completely revoke all VPP codes from all devices, uninstall them, or void all of them so they are unusable? we are having trouble with installing iMovie o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What does the "Clear VPP Codes" button (under Mobile Devices/apps in JSS Dashboard) do? Does it completely revoke all VPP codes from all devices, uninstall them, or void all of them so they are unusable? we are having trouble with installing iMovie o...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely lock iPad and set a default password

I am in a constant War of the iPads with some of my students. We have a really weird classroom setup and I swear they are up to no good. I was wondering is their a way for me to lock there iPads remotely, and set a random password (which I would know...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing machines from Remote Desktop to Casper

Hi All, We use Remote desktop at the moment and have just recently introduced JSS/Casper into the environment my question is how would you go about importing all your machines from remote desktop to JSS/Casper? Thank SEN73  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two Apps, Two Versions, One Smart Group?

Looking for some Smart Group logic help here. On the computer there are two versions of an application (let's say Gimp). /Applications/Gimp.app (v2.8.6p1)/Applications/Others/Gimp.app (v2.8) When making a smart group to find machines that have Gimp i...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Profile Issues

Our wireless is set up as EAP-TLS with computer certificates issued by our CA. We are doing this using a profile issued by the JSS. (RPC call to the CA to pull the cert, then SSID and such set to use that cert). I am running into an issue where the p...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Issues

I have several issues with configuration profiles. Computer Level: Security and Privacy -> "Require password after sleep or screen saver begins" does not work, even as user level profile Computer Level: Restrictions -> Restricting system preferences ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile view bug

Hey guys, is anyone else having trouble with configuration profiles containing certificates in 9.21? The certificate payloads are not listed in the sidebar of the configuration profile, but when I click on "Edit" and "Certificates" all certificates a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MySQL - 32bit vs 64bit for JSS ?

I was just doing a new download of MySQL and noticed that it seems to now have 32bit and 64Bit versions. The current version is 5.6.14. The previous version I was using was 5.6.10. The download I have for that is titled mysql-5.6.10-osx10.7-x86.dmg. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restricted apps running on the desktop

Might be a quick easy fix, but hoping someone can help. I work at a school and manage 800+ computers (2013 MacBook Air) after adding game emulators, web browsers, and non-apple developer applications to the restricted software list, I'm finding stude...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors