Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

MacBooks randomly becoming unmanaged

Hey everyone, we have had an odd ongoing issue for a little while now and it seems to be getting worse lately. Random MacBooks are becoming unmanaged and we have to run the quick add package in order to bring them back under management. These are mac...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Packaging advice

Hey all:New here to JamF and Apple System administration in general so I apologize in advance for stupid questions. Here is my question: When packaging apps with Composer and say there is a preference that I want to apply to all users but it is a pre...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service & Student Environment

Hello everyone! I have recently discovered the best thing in the world for my students and I don't have to get bothered as much asking for updates and so on! Self Service has become a new staple for me to get new things out to my students but I am wo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service & Student Environment

Hello everyone! I have recently discovered the best thing in the world for my students and I don't have to get bothered as much asking for updates and so on! Self Service has become a new staple for me to get new things out to my students but I am wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Convert file based distro point to JDS

Just wondering if there is a way to convert a file based distro point to a JDS without having to re-replicate all the files that already exist on the distro point back over from the master. This would be very useful for distant locations where there ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Restrictions

Hello,I am trying to create a new Configuration Profile to push out to our student Macs. In this, I want to disable the option for users to change password. When I push out this new configuration profile I see an error when I look at the management h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Building at Imaging Time?

Hey all: JSS 9.21 We have network segments to set a machine's building, but sometimes we're imaging (Netboot, Casper Imaging) a computer not at the destination office, so it gets the Building it was imaged in, not the Building we want. Anybody dealin...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy a config profile via pkg/dmg workflow

With the changes to 10.9's app store lock down and the config profile not working through the JSS/APNS push, is there a way to download the config profile and then bundle it up so it gets installed via the deployment workflow?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backups not working - unable to connect to database

Took the plunge yesterday and upgraded the server to Mavericks and JSS 8.73. Everything is working except that the backups didn't run last night. I've launched jssDatabaseUtil but it seems it can't verify the database and i get the following error me...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-House App Update Problems JSS 9.21

Hi there, I have just updated to 9.21 this evening and everything looks great, except a select few in-house app updates, which are asking me to update apps which are already up to date... We deploy all of our apps as in-house and the vast majority se...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Viewing failed config profiles in 9.x

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread...I can't find it anywhere. How do I track down which of my config profiles have failed in 9.2? I see in my Config Profile graphs that some of them have completed, some are pending and some have failed on cli...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service won't close on restart/logout

I've noticed that the Self Service app will hang logout/restart attempts. The app refuses to close unless a Force Close from the finder menu is used. The app doesn't seem to be "Not Responding". It just doesn't close as it should. Anyone else notice ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Individual License Keys

I have a situation where we purchased a plugin for Sketchup 2013 Pro, however the developer only licenses it individually and not in any sort of network/concurrent fashion. I have 20 licenses I would like to deploy to each machine in a specific lab, ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Xserve and JSS v9

Hi All, for those of you still using Xserves for your JSS:When upgrading to Casper Suite 9.x.x did you upgrade server to 10.9.0, or to 10.8.5? Are you running other services on that box or other XServes?For my main boxes I've got 2 2009 Xserves, w/ 2...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't scope policies by LDAP group?

Hey all, Currently we're on 9.21 and when creating new computer policies, we noticed we can't limit policies by our AD groups, only by our network segments. Previously created policies are still limited by groups but the option isn't available for ne...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock System Preferences in 10.9?

I came across a problem we have with Mavericks in reguards to the unlock of system preferences.As our users are non admin users on there machines they can acess some system resources like Network settings without them. After testing Mavericks we came...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error remediating recovery key: Authentication error.

Hello, I've set up a policy to regenerate the file vault encryption recovery key at certain intervals. It seems to work ok however, every so often it will fail with the following error: Error remediating recovery key: Authentication error. I can't wo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Built Date / Exclusions

Apologies if this is a duplicate, i remember seeing something but cant find it now. We have a process to build via configurations (10.9 or 10.8) then after a reboot we have a set of policies that we trigger based on naming so that departments get the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Privileges

Is there a list/doc somewhere that details what the API privs do in "Accounts and Groups"? We're pretty blacklisty on the subject, and we had a "problem" (for us) that turned out to be the lack of allowances in the API privs. So I'm rather curious wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plugin Setup

Can someone inform me if the SCCM Plugin needs to point to the main SCCM server or can it point to the one of the Management Point (MP) in the chain? And does it matter which MP it is?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors