Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2 now available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2. This is our compatibility release with the new operating systems coming from Apple this fall. There are a number of updated or new keys, a GSX Update, and updates to the Azure AD migration ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.40.1 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.40.1. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, please read the Jamf Pro 10.40.1 release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free san...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Printer not found in receipts for smart groups

I have a number of printers which I recently added via Casper Admin. When I create a smart group to identify computers missing the printer, the list is quite different. If I use remote or create a policy they are all right. It only appears to be a pr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver password on Lion

So i've been tasked with forcing the screensaver password to kick in, however there doens't seem to be an easy of doing so - the MCX will grey out the settings - and I don't really wnat that as I'm sure Im going to get pushback from the departments t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting background preference

I am trying to set all our computers to a custom background image. I went to "Create managed preference-Create from template-com.apple.desktop-create background." There is a script there and I replaced the image file path with one on my desktop. I di...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad inventory question

I have been asked to generate a list of iPads that have not been on our network for a certain period of time. We accomplish this with our computers by using an extension attribute. Right now i can see what devices are checking in from outside our net...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to rsync Documents and Desktop Files help

We are looking to have a script run at logout that rsyncs the data from a Users (AD user) local Documents and Desktop folders to their shared drive that is already mounted on their system. The script that I had gotten working in terminal works well a...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point

I have a JSS server with a distribution point sitting in once city and want to have another synced to this one sitting in another city. But I want the users of each city to use only the server from each city.is there an easy way to do this? Also any ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Importing plists into JSS 8.52 for 10.7 clients

Hi all, Is there a good repository of preference manifests for OS 10.7 lying around anywhere? In my too-brief downtime I'm trying to find templates already in the JSS (v8.52) for some of the major stuff like MAS, apple ids, mouse scrolling, etc. I'm ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

installLion.pkg problems.... user accounts deleted

thus far, we've had only one problem in running InstallLion.pkg via self service or by policy: although it does, indeed, update macs from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4, the problem (as some of you have already experienced) is that apple's installer deletes any lo...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Configurator Sync Station replication

I have posted a blog entry about cloning an apple configurator sync station. It has been suggested I post to Jamf nation about it. I will link to it here as to not keep up more than one discussion: http://ipadmike.tumblr.com/post/27505756737/cloning-...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server issue

We've had and outage on our virtualized environment which includes my instance of the JSS. They've gotten everything restarted, but now that my server is back up I'm noticing some problems with the JSS. If I go to search the computers or mobile devic...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Two versions of an app scoped at two level

Hi JAMFers, I recently encoutered a problem while running a test :A version of an app, add in the Mobile device App Catalog, is scoped to a single iPad.A former version of this app is already scoped to two static groups.The iPad running the test isn'...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Amazon for offsite distribution

I want to see if anyone has tried anything like this before and how exactly they were able to pull it off. We have several packages that are pretty large in size and we want our users to be able to download them offsite via self service. However, we ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

MBPs do not see new SUS URL

My JSS with SUS ran in a local Network with no Public Static IP until recently. I am running latest JSS on a 2009 silverwhite MacMini with 10.6.8 Server the Public Static IP points to a subdomain. When I amended the Network Setup, I connected the Pub...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation Groups

Is there anyway for a group of people with a common connection to have a thread on JAMF nation? I'm finding myself in need of a sounding board for Mac integration into Active Directory. Is there a place on this website where I can target people who h...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New retina mbp does not netboot to our server!

Hi everyone new to Jamf but loving it so far. Little background: We currently have Casper setup (latest version) on our network and it has been running for about 6 months with no issues. I have been able to net boot our machines (both 10.6.8 and 10.7...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NYC Casper User Group

Sign up at http://jamf080912.eventbrite.com New OS new Casper Suite should be out. Event: NYC Casper User GroupWhere: Tekserve, 119 W. 23rd StWhen: Thursday August 9, 6-8PMSpeaker: Chris Czel, Systems Engineer, JAMFTopic: OS Deployment  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Acrobat Provisioning Tool

I am having issues with the Adobe Provisioning Tool for Acrobat X. I have followed the JAMF Guide to the T. Created the Package for Acrobat X, uploaded and configured it in the JSS. The installer works fine via a triggered every 5, Self Service etc. ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP configuration profile variable.... are there any?

I start the getting the SCEP configuration profile to work within ourenvironment now. But I think it requires variable to generate thecertificate the way we want it. It seems to be a lack of info regards variables to automate this.For example:If I pu...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Existing BootCamp partitions

I've been using DeployStudio to image our lab computers (dualboot). When we needed to re-image, it would re-partition the drive, and install new Mac and Windows images. With Casper, the workflows seem to only want to re-partition the Mac HD without t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Mid-2012 MacBook Air OS Build Number?

Okay so Apple's article here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1159says I should be seeing 11E2520 on our brand new 13" MacBook Air (Mid-20120) but it looks like I've actually got 11E2702. Can anyone else confirm this? Thanks  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors