Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restricted Software

I just restricted a bunch of application software, logged out as a standard user and when I logged back in, I keep getting "CoreLocationAgent" errors. Anyone ever encounter this issue? I also had the restrict applications enabled under management pre...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Question : Killing Processes

I am running in to a roadblock with a script which I have written to automate some of the steps in our Entourage to GMail conversion process. This script is being run via a policy in Self Service, which is when I started having issues killing off a p...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock the Network System Pane in 10.9

Has anyone been successful with opening the lock on the network preference pane in 10.9? I was using the old way of enable preference panes by running a script with the following commands in 10.8: /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c "set rights:system.prefere...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lync and Mavericks Integration

I know this might not be the best place to find a solution to this but I wanted to see if any of you had experienced the same problem. Lync 14.0.x is not creating/updating the GALContacts.db file so existing users won't update the address book automa...  View more

• 77 replies
  • 0 kudos

Categories and Policies

I am looking for suggestions from the community to help determine how to best organize the JSS. What do people use as a naming convention to keep track of all the policies? (SS = Self-Service; Auto = Automatic) SS - Firefox Install Auto - Firefox Ins...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uploading mcxToProfile Profiles to JSS

This might be old news to you,but uploading a Profile that was created using mcxToProfileand has the management frequency set to often (=Set-Once) or once (=Set-Once with timestamp)doesn't work for me.I end up with an empty mcx payload.How is everyon...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Apple's AST vs ASD

I was poking around our GSX account looking for AST updates, when I came across ASD. Thinking they were the same just they changed the name (I'm about as n00bish at the GSX site as you can get), I downloaded the latest version. Upon discovering this ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

URGENT! How do you force an MCX change?

I made a blunder in Casper for Login Items and i need to force this change immediately to a bunch of computers. How can I do this? On my own machine, i ran sudo jamf mcx but the output was:Checking for Computer Level Managed Preferences from https://...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Possible Bug with Static Groups?

Using 9.2, Created a number of static groups and have noticed a few weird...lets call them observations at this stage. * I've previously had 97 machines in a group and had to add a further 2, upon trying to do this, it seems page one of the results a...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

You got your icon in my chocolate!

We upgraded to JSS v9.2 from JSS v8.73 and the app icons in my iOS Self Service catalog are incorrect. It seems to have used a small subset of the icons and distributed it to all the apps instead of using the legitimate icon originally downloaded fro...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

FUT is failing under 9.2 JSS

I updated and reran a pre-existing policy created under version 8.64 today. It was a handful of .dmg packages that deliver stuff into the User Template folder. All packages still have their FUT FEU settings in place when viewing them in Casper Admin,...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot 10.9 and Late 2013 hardware

Hello, I'm building a new netboot image for the new Late 2013 MacBook pros. I've got an image captured and I can net boot: MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)iMac (27-inch, Late 2013)MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013) However when I try to...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN on an iPad

Anyone find a way to disable a VPN app or connection on an iPad using iOS 7? I'm able to remove the VPN app & delete the connection, but I'm looking more for prevention than band-aid at this point. Any direction, good or bad, is appreciated!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I push a provisioning profile?

Our company's In-House App's provisioning profile is about to expire. And, the provisioning profile it uses is bundled within the .ipa file. Ideally, I would prefer not to require our employees to update the app just to get an update to the provision...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show computers left to run policy

It seems that display of computers left to run a policy is broken in v9.x. In previous versions I could select "Show Status" and it would show all the machine that had run the policy and all of those left to run it. That option is gone in v9.x and wh...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy to block renaming Macintosh HD

I Have a few scripts that point to /Volumes/Macintosh HD/.... because of this, if someone changes the name of the disk, the scripts fail. Does anyone know of a way to block a user from renaming the Macintosh HD or a safe way to send out a policy to c...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.2 and Server Share Interruption while replicating?

Has anybody noticed any problems with server share interruptions while replicating since going to 9.2? It goes through the replication and will just randomly stop. a dialog box will pop up and said server connection interupted and I can either ignore...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hey, This is my first post!

I'm new to Casper and will be getting certification in a couple of weeks. I wanted to know where I could go to learn about creating custom reports within JAMF and also with an external connection to Crystal Reports. I'm really looking forward to usin...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 Self Service upgrade hide folders that open

We are on 9.2. I dragged the Install OS X Mavericks.app into Casper admin it creates Install OS X Mavericks.InstallESD.dmg. I then Cached that package onto a machine and created a self service policy to install the cached package. When I run the self...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Once per user policy to add dock item not working

Okay, I've spent time RTFM'ing and banging my head into a wall, it's time to ask for help: I am trying to make a policy that adds Self Service to the dock for every user. It either runs as part of the scheduled check-in or Self Service itself (for te...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX in 10.9 not playing ball?

So, we run everything with MCX, and just now, we have upgraded a few computers to 10.9 to test it out.Turns out the MCXs that were on the computer at upgrade time are still heeded, even if one wipe /Library/Managed Preferences, they do come back, but...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Transpak Package service

http://www.mspex.net/#transpak Anyone using this service? Thinking of trying it out wanted to get some feedback from the nation. I saw it being promoted at JNUC in one of the sessions. its 60$ a month, seems worth it for the time it could save for mo...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors