Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Error remediating recovery key: Authentication error.

Hello, I've set up a policy to regenerate the file vault encryption recovery key at certain intervals. It seems to work ok however, every so often it will fail with the following error: Error remediating recovery key: Authentication error. I can't wo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Built Date / Exclusions

Apologies if this is a duplicate, i remember seeing something but cant find it now. We have a process to build via configurations (10.9 or 10.8) then after a reboot we have a set of policies that we trigger based on naming so that departments get the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

API Privileges

Is there a list/doc somewhere that details what the API privs do in "Accounts and Groups"? We're pretty blacklisty on the subject, and we had a "problem" (for us) that turned out to be the lack of allowances in the API privs. So I'm rather curious wh...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCCM Plugin Setup

Can someone inform me if the SCCM Plugin needs to point to the main SCCM server or can it point to the one of the Management Point (MP) in the chain? And does it matter which MP it is?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOs devices restarting after 7.0 & 7.03 upgrade.

Hi, Has any body experience this iOS rebooting problem after upgrading to iOs 7 & 7.03. Here in Houston Methodist Hospital System we use Microsoft Exchange server for email. I tried resetting using iTunes, recreate iCloud account and sending user to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 Filevault and Casper 8.63.

We're still on Casper 8.63 and I've set up FV2 encryption with an institutional key. The FV2 set up is only available via Self Service. I set this up months ago. Can this be used on an 10.9 Mac? Thanks in advance.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

EFI password extension attribute

Was previously using nvram -p to check the security-mode, since this doesn't work with the late 2010 hardware onwards.. Here is a short extension attribute that will tell you whether the password is set, though unfortunately not the mode. If anyone k...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote iOS Commands Issue

Hi There, I dont know if anybody else is having an issue with this. I have enrolled an iOS Device to our JSS, and whenever I try to remote lock or clear device passcode, the option just gets stuck saying sending. If I refresh the page the command is ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apache Crashing Nightly

Since upgrading to Casper Suite 9.2, our Tomcat Webserver has been crashing nightly. Restarting the service fails, so I have to force quit the Apache Process, which then restarts the JSS Startup process which then in turn never seems to finish. I reb...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show Input Menu on lockscreen in Mavericks

I don't seem to be able to get the input menu to show up on the lockscreen in Mavericks. Here's a 10.8 computerexternal image link on Mavericks i getexternal image link Both have showInputMenu in com.apple.loginwindow set to TRUE.It works for the Log...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks MCX Delete Command?

Hi everyone, Seems that dscl . -mcxdelete /Users/username command (from this KBA https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=144) doesn't really do much in Mavericks to remove MCX settings from our local admin account. Deleting what is under ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Completed/Failed Count Wrong in Policy Grid View

When I look at my policies in grid view it looks like none of them have ran. When I click on them and view the logs I can see over a dozen have successfully completed and a few failed. What gives, why are those numbers not showing on the grid view?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.9 Mavericks Slow AFP Distribution Point

We are planning on moving to JSS v9.2 soon and we are at the phase of testing Mavericks (10.9) as a distribution point using AFP. I've already tested a Ubuntu JDS VM and a Windows Server VM as distribution points. It's interesting how I had the worst...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP Group Membership as Criteria for Smart Group

Is that possible? I’m looking for a way to scope a policy based on computer or users in a group. Seems like you can do it by creating a group and adding computer names manually, but can you do this by referencing members of an LDAP group? Members bei...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blacklist iOS Apps - Block from running

Hi - we are a K-12 school and have distributed iPads to students. I would like to blacklist or completely block some apps. I know I can create a smart search to look for the presence of some apps, but can I do any actions like delete that app once fo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

SUS load balancing?

I'm looking into standing up a SUS at each of our Mac-heavy sites and sending clients at other sites to Apple's SUS, but with the way the JSS is set up I am not comfortable letting it handle that sort of logic. We have a ton of network segments (400+...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Querying Hardware_reports and computers tables

I've been tasked with grabbing the following information from the jamfsoftware database on a nightly basis to support our new service cloud infrastructure: make, model, serial number, and top display name (username that most often logs in). This is e...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SUS List

Does anyone know if there is there a way to export the Apple SUS list? I'd like to keep a running spreadsheet of all the updates we enable and their status during our tests. I've tried copying out of the Server App, but that doesn't work.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Disable Calculate Folder Sizes

Folks, Been looking online but cannot find so I reach out to you. Does anyone know if there is a defaults write command (or similar) that will disable the "Calculate All Folder Sizes" on a global scope? Some very under-experienced users of mine decid...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Late 2013 iMac USB Issues BOOTCAMP

Hey Guys, Got about 500 of these turning up in the next few weeks, and I have issues with the USB, I'm using Winclone to deploy Windows 7 x64 Found I didn't have Keyboard or Mouse so Have booted up into OSX and run the sudo /usr/sbin/bless --device /...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Login P-Word & iCloud Keychain

What if you actually want to use the iCoud Key-chain in your AD environment? Let me give you the cliff notes on our set up. (Keep in mind I inherited this system I am the new help desk manager) - 500 plus Mac users. (we enable root and admin account,...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mavericks 10.9 - Disable Apple ID prompting

I have deployed 10.9 using an image without Apple ID. Every now and then the users get a prompt to sign in with their Apple ID - the "cancel" button has to be clicked on some machines at least 8 times before the window goes away... Did you find the d...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors