Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Creating Preference Manifests

I have zero interest in manually creating a preference manifest from a plist (or snippet thereof). Does anybody know of a way to create these from plists or something?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extending Direct Access to OS X

Our organization is implementing the infrastructure for Microsoft's Direct Access solution, which will be leveraged on all Windows 7 and Windows 8 machines. Although this is a Windows specific solution, I started researching the possibility of extend...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 8.71 won't open in Mavericks (10.9)

Since upgrading my MacBook Pro to 10.9 I cannot open Casper Admin anymore as it says Casper Admin Requires Mac OSX 10.4 or higher. I tried resetting my preferences files and I get the same message. Do I need to upgrade to a newer version? Where would...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

So 10.9's SMB2 is buggy ...

Encountered an interesting one during our pre-release testing: SMB2 to some of our server shares doesn't work properly. Mounted a known working share on 10.8 and it works there. Try the same thing again on 10.9 and it can't navigate or see folders do...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom Inventory Details

Hi All, Before I start please excuse my inexperience with Casper, I have inherited the system after a colleague left and haven't had any formal training yet, but I'm learning as I go along. What I was wondering, is it possible to place a file on a ne...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Reporting in Casper 9

If anyone just wants to pull some inventory data into Excel, its easy to do and it doesn't require a purchased ODBC driver. Here's a blog post on how to go about it. http://lashomb.com/blog/2013/10/28/simple-reporting-in-casper-9/  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cupertino Office Event, looking for feedback

Hey Everyone, A few months ago I hosted a meet and greet at our office in Cupertino. The turn out was actually really awesome and I am glad I got to meet some of you for the first time. I would like to do another one, either mid December or after the...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Throwing HorsePower at the JSS?

So, after discussing this with my JAMF support dude, bouncing the question here also... I'm testing JSS v9.2 - When in a computer record, and going to the management tab, it takes a very long time for the page to load. While this is happening the jav...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

The Device Certificate did not install

After upgrade to Casper 9.2 Getting report in Jamf Log that "The computer was not Enrolled in MDM with the JSS. The Device Certificate did not install" The computers enroll and update inventory in JSS and install policies. Profile does not show in Sy...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with createOSXinstallPkg installing 10.9

I have been using Greg Neagle's createOSXinstallPkg to deploy 10.8 for the past year or so. I downloaded the updated files (createOSXinstallPkg ) for 10.9 and built the first package today. I cached it to a test system a few minutes ago and ran a pol...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin will not mount DP in 10.9

I have updated the JSS and local Applications to 8.73 yet Casper Admin fails to mount the primary DP when launched. I can manually mount the DP and if I open CasperAdmin on a 10.7/10.8 box it connects to the main DP without a problem. Resetting Caspe...  View more

• 39 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTPS Distribution Question

You'll have to forgive me if this is a bonehead question, I'm new to the Casper Suite and I'm trying to get the master Distribution Point setup with HTTPS. I believe I have the share setup correctly as far as I know but I'm getting the following erro...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shrinking a Mavericks USB/Netboot Image?

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to shrink down a Mavericks install for Casper Imaging purposes? I'm having trouble getting Mavericks down to where it fits comfortably on an 8GB USB drive. I usually go with "hack and slash" making educated g...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

e-Books not appearing in JSS

Hello, curious if anyone has any suggestions on how to resolve an issue in the JSS when it comes to e-books not appearing. Apps are appearing with no problem but when the e-books tab is selected, the page is blank and I am not afforded the opportunit...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Cisco AnyConnect with client certificate

We are currently evaluating Casper Suite and as part of its planned use we would like to be able to deploy Cisco AnyConnect with unique client (i.e. client device not user) certificates rather than using a pre-shared-key or the same certificate for a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus JSS URL

Can't get Casper Focus to see my companies JSS URL. Getting error "Could Not Verify JSS URL" HTTP Status Code:400. iPad Second Gen. Able to access the url via web browser. Any thoughts?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Steps to create JSS test environment

JSS ver 8.62 is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 I currently do not have a "test environment" I just have the production JSS.I want to create a test environment so I can at least test the 8.62 upgrade to 9.2 Has anyone attempted to copy their produc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 8.6 client with JSS 9.2

Hello, Will the Self Service client (from Caseper 8.6) installed on my existing computers be able to talk to the new JSS 9.2 or do I need to update all clients first before upgrading the server? Thanks,Dirk  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Curl JSS Installer

Hi, i wrote a simple script to update the JSS. now I'd like it to extend the script and download the latest version from JAMF using CURL. as a next step towards rapid deployment. Actually, this was an exercise to practise my scripting skills anyway w...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to upgrade 8.73 to 9.2 (Windows)

Hi there, I spend the last 7 days trying to upgrade my JSS (running on Windows 2008 R2) from 8.73 to 9.2. On my production server the upgrade fails with a MSI error message and then rolls back (leaving no JSS installed under Add/remove programs). I w...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk Unmanage Device ?

I have a group of about 200 devices I need to remove from management. I know I can do a bulk delete, but this appears to leave the profiles (and wireless certificate) on the devices. If I unenroll a device, this removes the profiles. There is a bulk ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silently install Intego Virus Barrier Updates?

Any Intego Customers out there? I have Smart group based on Virus Barrier def updates that I'd love to be able to scope some sort of policy to that would silently run NetUpdate for Virus Barrier. So many people ignore the update prompts from Virus ba...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating custom triggers in JSS 9.2?

Ok, I've taken the plunge and upgraded from 8.73 to 9.2. So far, so good. *knock on wood* One thing though. Where in blue blazes is the section where you can create custom triggers? The ones I created before the upgrade are still there, but I can't f...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying new iLife and iWork apps

Wondering if anyone has spent time yet looking at how to deploy the new versions of iPhoto, iMovie, Garageband, Keynote, Pages and Numbers. Using the known method of pausing the App Store download and creating a hard link, I was able to capture pkg i...  View more

• 46 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blank certificate offered to iDevice clients

Fellow mobile admins, I've had an issue handed back to me that I'm wondering if you can help with. Basically, our mobile device SSID is secured by a cert. The iDevice clients need to accept it to connect. Recently we're seeing iDevice clients not bei...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors