Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Caser Admin Replication failing in Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Anyone else experiencing replication errors using Casper Admin 8.72 and Mac OS X 10.9 We get the "Server could not be mounted" GUI error Logs show "ERROR: The Distribution Point could not be mounted. The syncing operation will stop" Casper Admin 8.72...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

GooDies

Can we use this thread to list good plugins for textwrangler or other preferred text editors.We all could benefits from a central point to get hits and tips on the specific topic.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Segments and SUS

I have created network segments for my Distribution Points and my Software Update Servers. If I want my users to switch to Apple servers for Software Updates outside my network can I do the following. Can I create a network segment of 1.0.0.1-255.255...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome Trusted Site

Hi, can anyone help me out. We are currently implementing Sharepoint and unfortunately the experience within Chrome is pretty bad and it requires the users to input there passwords everytime the browser is relaunched. The company policy is to not sav...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Root Certificate Install

I'm trying to distribute Microsoft Lync but in order for it to work it needs our company generated Root CA also to be installed. Whats the best way to achieve this?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Homes on SMB-Share via WindowsServer2008R2

Hope I did not overlook posted knowledge on this.Our users are using the same AD-account on Windows and on OSX machines.We have our Mac network-userhomes on a SMB fileserver (Windows2008R2).Some applications seem not to be happy (Firefox 24, Adobe PS...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Post your questions!

Please feel free to post your questions - wifi permitting, we'll attempt to check though out the presentation!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy to bypass FileVault 2?

I've thrown this out to the Support folks, and I don't know what sort of answer they will come back with, therefore I'm throwing this out to the community at large. We use FileVault 2 admin'd by the JSS for our encryption on all of our workstations. ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Numbers of staff and devices supported

Can anyone point me to the discussion thread we had earlier this year or last where folks chimed in on how many Casper admins were supporting how many devices in their environment. I'm trying to do some capacity planning.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

proof of concept examples

Hello Everyone, As I mentioned during Arek's presentation, we can use JAMF Nation as a community hub to share proof of concepts on user interaction. Here go some examples I have used to give both coworkers and customers examples of how to leverage su...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cisco NX-OS requirements for cross subnet NetBooting.

This was not easy to come by directly asking Cisco but below are the details about what is needed to do DHCP-Relay or as called in the past helper address. When you enable option 82 on the NX-OS device, the following sequence of events occurs:1. Desc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.12 Upgrade, broken policies

It seems that any policy I have that installs a package and then runs a script afterward does not work on the client machines. The package will install, but when the jamf binary attempts to download the script, it actually downloads the package insta...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Share

Hi gang, After 7+ years of scripting solutions with UNIX, I just wanted to share some of my more useful scripts with the community. I've gotten so much from all of your help and solutions over the years that I simply wanted to dump a few gems back. Y...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon fails, QuickAdd works, reasons why?

What could possibly be the difference between running Recon.app (either locally on a machine, or using Remote Inventory) and have it fail to add a computer to JSS, but creating a QuickAdd.pkg from the same App with the same credentials works? What wo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Atlanta Area User Group

I am looking to collaborate with other Casper users in the Atlanta users. If you are in the Atlanta area, I would love to know who you are and connect with you. This would be a great place to share best practices. Thanks- Chip Barber, Mt Bethel Chris...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Plugins database marked as crashed

No software.plugins show up in inventory.Error when checking database health is... jamfsoftware.plugins - Table is marked as crashed jamfsoftware.plugins - 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly jamfsoftware.plugins - Found key at page...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with Configurator Deploying Free Apps

So I know this is not quiet the right place for this. But with the wealth of experience and knowledge I thought I would give it a shot. So this is the first time I have seen this. But was at a clients today and they are having issues trying to deploy...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

enable Accessibility API

In previous OS i used this command to enable Accessibility sudo touch /private/var/db/.AccessibilityAPIEnabled for some reason if i have this in a policy in 10.8 it prompts for admin credentials. Has anyone else noticed this  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Run a search for clients not assigned a Site

Can this be done for either OS X or iOS clients? We have converted from "department" based organizational model to one based on Sites. I am sure I missed a few machines and have not yet assigned them to a Site. I don't see anything in display prefere...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

unlockAddPrinter.sh

I was wondering if anyone in the community had my answer, I have recently downloaded the unlockAddPrinters.sh and wanted to run it on multiple computers (I work at a school). I just can't seem to set it up right. The OS that I am running is 10.7.4 on...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors