Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Could not mount a distribution point

We have been noticing lately in our environment that when trying to deploy packages via policies to systems, that for random systems the policy push will fail with the following error: Error: Could not mount a distribution point. Yet there will be sy...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Netboot Failure

I'm running NetSUS 2.0 on our ESX environment. I've uploaded a copy of our known good netboot image taken from our existing xserves. The IP Helpers are in place, the subnet and masks are configured on the NetSUS. Everything seems rosy ... That is unt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot upload anything after upgrade to 9.0

When I try to upload a cert, a .plist, an image file or anything to my server through the web interface, the uploading box appears with 1% completed and then sits there until I close it, never uploading the files. It worked fine before the 9 upgrade....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.5 Supplemental unhiding /mach_kernel

And that's annoying, and could provoke your users to do something bad since the file is now clear in view (i.e. try to delete / mess with it) Here's a quick and dirty script to check, and then hide the flag. Also an EA to make a smart group to check ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lab Enviroment Casper

Hello, New to Casper - would like to know if I can downlowad/buy a version of casper to test in my home lab? and would one mac mini server serve as my JSS and distribution point?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Export inventory reports as PDF's in version 9

I have what I hope is a very dumb question. We recently upgraded to version 9 of the Casper Suite, and I am unable to export my inventory results as a PDF. In version 8, at the bottom of an inventory search screen there was an option to view results ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to access enrollment page

A couple days ago there the enrollment page went down and we were unable to access it. We tried restarting the tomcat service and now it seems like we are stuck on a page that says "Service not available, The JSS is restarting." before I rebooted the...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Warranty Status script + EA blank

Hi all, I'm trying to use a version of: https://github.com/rustymyers/warranty/blob/master/warranty2.sh which i have amended slightly so the curl commands go via our authenticated proxy. It's working fine via ARD as root. All i need for the EA is the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF and ethernet MAC Address

I am just wondering if on the 2012 Retina MBP's how JAMF distinguishes between USB/Thunderbolt ethernet adapters. I have noticed it collects details of the users info. But are these details changeable and if so how can you go about doing this?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Adobe's systems hacked

Just an FYI for anyone with an Adobe customer account. This is potentially a very big deal. Adobe is apparently working to mitigate the damage and do the right thing for customers, but still...http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations/2013/10/important-cu...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC Segway Tour Cancelled | So Sorry Folks!

Our Segway tour provider gave me a call today with some unanticipated information. When they agreed to book the tour a couple of months ago, the assistant booking didn't take the fall sunset into consideration and that for safety reasons, we aren't a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Silent install of Adobe Flash 11.8.800.168

Adobe appears to have changed something with this last updater. Previously, by packaging the "Install Adobe Flash Player.app" to a temp directory and then calling up the installer via Adobe's admin guide instructions: sudo ./Install Adobe Flash Playe...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCloud restore removing supervision

Let me start off by saying that since iOS 7 has hit, casper and managing devices in a school of more than 500+ students each with their own ipads and faculty/staff with Macbook airs has been a complete nightmare. My main problem at the moment is appl...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.11 issues Please HELP

have been crashing for the past 3 days since upgrading and having all sorts of other fun issues. currently tomcat seems to be locking up the server.17390 tomcat7 20 0 9770m 8.3g 14m S 99.4 71.3 10:47.71 java This is happening about every 10 minutes, ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP ties

At some point in the last month or two, one of our admins added a second LDAP connection to our JSS. It is the same AD, so this is an unnecessary connection. I would like to delete one of them, but I am afraid of the repercussions if a policy is asso...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging apps from the AppStore.

Has anybody tried bundling anything off the app store recently using Composer 9.x? The last couple I've tried captures the push succeeds but when they launch it acts like it's going to launch but the main screen doesn't come up.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Config Profile Weirdness...

We didn't have any issues with OS X 10.8.4 and Casper v. 8.x but now our Config Profiles are not acting as expected. While using Casper Suite 8.x when scoping out Config Profiles, notably the login access level, the groups that could be assigned acce...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi user Wifi config problems with certs

OK,So we have Casper giving out User Certificates via configuration profiles.This is working great.Our in-house WiFi uses this cert for authentication. Also great.However, when a different network user logs into the machine, the WiFi connection is st...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV 6.0 has anyone manage to manage (802.1x)

I am hoping that my brain has just run away from me on this, but I am trying to get some brand new AppleTVs up and running, enrolled in the JSS with 802.1x auth and I am just having the damnedest time (mostly with Apple Configurator). Has any one els...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

restart button on the login screen privileges

Hello, Is there any way to change the privileges of the start button on the login screen so anyone can press it? EG: I have some laptops used in a classroom environment that unfortunately have to have fast user switching turned on.The reason for this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors