Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Hey all-- I recently created a basic rm script to handle removing some pesky plist files across a group of machines. I had created a similar script policy last week and it ran fine, but now when I run it I get Script exit code: 126 Script result: sh:...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JamfHelper "newbie" Question

I've crafted a very simple script which utilizes the jamfhelper to post a question to the logged in user which requires them to select Yes or No. My question is how or can I capture the user selection in some type of report??? i'm also wanting to cap...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limited user permissions - policy log flushing

I have an LDAP group added to my JSS for management. JSS Objects > Policies is set to Read, and JSS Actions > Flush Policy Logs is checked. However when I login as a user that is a member of this group, I cannot flush individual computer policy logs....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Chrome Manifest error

Since the upgrade from our 8.x environment to the 9.x JSS, we lost our MCX configurations for Chrome. Any attempt to re-import the .manifest has resulted in an error indicating "No settings were found." I've tried it from 3 different mac workstations...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT: Stickers on iPad Boxes, Asset Management

I have heard from peoples that if you order a boatload of iPads, you can get a list of serials and MAC addys for asset control when they arrive. I keep asking my local person, but to no avail. My wireless network is registration based on MAC addy and...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble Netbooting Late 2013 iMac

We just got in our first 27" Late 2013 iMac. I'm unable to Netboot it to our NetSUS; it blinks the world and then goes to the circle/slash after a minute or so. It's getting DHCP and other clients are still netbooting without issue. The OS version on...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD bound forced local homed dock issue

We made an upgrade to 10.8.5, along with a jump to Casper 9.12 over the weekend. After this upgrade I found that our users, that were bound to an AD and were locally homed, all had issues with the "dock shortcut" to their network homeDir. This shortc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service on iPad - blank white screen

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has encountered this or has any thoughts on what to do about it. A user in my organization is experiencing a strange issue when trying to download apps through self service. When she tries to download a few select paid...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

TouchID Disabled

When enrolling new devices the iOS profile is turning Passcode Unlock off in the TouchID panel. You can no longer use the thumbprint scanner on an iPhone 5s. I do not see a profile selection to turn that back on. Casper 9.12  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Watch Locations

It looks like Crooked Pint has a large screen and will be showing the MNF game. This is in close proximity to the Guthrie. Colts vs Chargers. http://crookedpint.com/music-film-and-events/big-game  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer mysteriously disappearing from Casper...

We have computers that we deploy and install quick add package on... They show up for a season, collect inventory, work fine, etc. And then mysteriously disappear as if they were never there. I would say out of the last 12 macbook airs we rolled out,...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS replication why does it go to the JSS

If i have a distribution point defined in the JSS, in my example it is a linux vm with netatalk providing afp shares and also has apache allowing for http downloads.If i want to replicate this to a JDS instance using casper admin, Casper admin mounts...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

ios7 ota supervision

Hi All, from all my reading of the ios7 update, it seems that ios7 provides the capability to supervise iPads OTA without having to touch them. Is this something that Casper is going to support, and if so, when? Cheers,Chris.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

App icons in Self Service

Hi All, seems a number of people, myself included, have had this problem after upgrading to v9.x Different issue, but it now seems my self service on iOS has used the same icon for several apps. i.e. I have three apps using the google drive icon, yet...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Could not mount a distribution point

We have been noticing lately in our environment that when trying to deploy packages via policies to systems, that for random systems the policy push will fail with the following error: Error: Could not mount a distribution point. Yet there will be sy...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS Netboot Failure

I'm running NetSUS 2.0 on our ESX environment. I've uploaded a copy of our known good netboot image taken from our existing xserves. The IP Helpers are in place, the subnet and masks are configured on the NetSUS. Everything seems rosy ... That is unt...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot upload anything after upgrade to 9.0

When I try to upload a cert, a .plist, an image file or anything to my server through the web interface, the uploading box appears with 1% completed and then sits there until I close it, never uploading the files. It worked fine before the 9 upgrade....  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.5 Supplemental unhiding /mach_kernel

And that's annoying, and could provoke your users to do something bad since the file is now clear in view (i.e. try to delete / mess with it) Here's a quick and dirty script to check, and then hide the flag. Also an EA to make a smart group to check ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors