Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

LDAP ties

At some point in the last month or two, one of our admins added a second LDAP connection to our JSS. It is the same AD, so this is an unnecessary connection. I would like to delete one of them, but I am afraid of the repercussions if a policy is asso...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging apps from the AppStore.

Has anybody tried bundling anything off the app store recently using Composer 9.x? The last couple I've tried captures the push succeeds but when they launch it acts like it's going to launch but the main screen doesn't come up.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Config Profile Weirdness...

We didn't have any issues with OS X 10.8.4 and Casper v. 8.x but now our Config Profiles are not acting as expected. While using Casper Suite 8.x when scoping out Config Profiles, notably the login access level, the groups that could be assigned acce...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi user Wifi config problems with certs

OK,So we have Casper giving out User Certificates via configuration profiles.This is working great.Our in-house WiFi uses this cert for authentication. Also great.However, when a different network user logs into the machine, the WiFi connection is st...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

AppleTV 6.0 has anyone manage to manage (802.1x)

I am hoping that my brain has just run away from me on this, but I am trying to get some brand new AppleTVs up and running, enrolled in the JSS with 802.1x auth and I am just having the damnedest time (mostly with Apple Configurator). Has any one els...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

restart button on the login screen privileges

Hello, Is there any way to change the privileges of the start button on the login screen so anyone can press it? EG: I have some laptops used in a classroom environment that unfortunately have to have fast user switching turned on.The reason for this...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OpenVPN profile deployment for iOS

Has anyone had success in configuring an iOS Open VPN profile? I came across this article describing the process but can not get it to work. http://simonguest.com/2013/03/22/on-demand-vpn-using-openvpn-for-ios/ The profile deploys to my iPhone but wh...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed Client Special Folders

Does anyone have experience with this and knows how it works. I found it in the managed preference page and was wondering if it would allow me to add specific folders to the dock that my client is requesting.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon Not Always Seeing JSS

Hello, Not sure where to begin with this one. I have a mobile filter package that we are pushing out to all of our student Macs. I've looked at the chart and logs and see a hundred or so "Failed" reports, out of about 1600. That didn't seem too bad, ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy to delete a folder in the Applications Folder

Hi All, I'm trying to create a policy that will remove a folder that was originally deployed to a number of computers via policy. The name of the folder is "Logger Pro 3". I've tried to create a policy with the command line "find /Applications -name ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script Parameters and Web Clips in Dock

I'm trying to add a web clip to the dock that holds the address of an smb share. I'd like to do folder rather than a web clip but the icon doesn't change from a question mark to a folder, even when the share gets mounted. The share I want to mount is...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes in JSS for Mobile Devices?

This was discussed a new feature in the 9.11 release notes. Can anyone tell me what it is? This seems useful, but is worded vaguely. Mobile device extension attributes—You can create extension attributes to collect almost any type of data from mobi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How is everyone pushing out JAVA?

I've been pushing out JAVA as updates are released.I typically would just scope to All Computers.However, this seems a tad messy - some newer machines go out with the newest version already on them, so it is unnecessary work on the machine. I was goi...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper remote not authenticating

Casper remote is not authenticating properly on some machines. I am getting the following whne it tried to authenticate Sending Wake On LAN command...Opening SSH Connection to 10.2.104.17...Authenticating...Authenticating...Authenticating... any idea...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

ios 7 & disable imessage and Game Center

We upgraded some of our iPads to ios 7 and are unable to disable iMessage and Game Center. We do not use Apple Configurator as we are a Windows school. The iMessage option IS disabled in the restrictions for this profile group but still shows up on t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with a script/command to push via Casper

I'm trying to remove a SSID from clients. I use -networksetup -removepreferredwirelessnetwork en0 'SSID Name'Works when I push it through ARD and/or as a command from the "Execute Command" option of Files and Processes section of a policy.When I push...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

50% plus CPU utilisation after upgrading to 9.11

Hi All,I've been running version 8.x for about 10 months on this machine and my monitoring system shows a usual CPU load of around 10-20%, with occasional spikes up to about 30-40%. Since upgrading to MySQL version 5.5 and JSS version 9.11 my CPU loa...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sorting of items on the dashboard

Hi All,is there any way to sort items on the dashboard? I recently updated to 9.11 and added a few smart groups to the dashboard. They appear in random order, not alphabetical and not the order in which I added them to the dashboard.Cheers,Chris.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe XI Pro updates?

Since I'm on my quest to revoke admin right from the users at my workplace I have to go through all applications and set them to not update or update themselves. Now I'm wondering how you manage the constant Adobe XI Pro updates? Anything that'd make...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managed apps and prompts to install

I cannot seem to find a clear answer to this in the Administrator Guide. When a mobile app is added to JSS, and it is set to "Manage", but not to place in self service rather than prompt user, will a user always get a prompt anyway? We have not yet t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

IOS 7.0.2 and iTunes for students under 13

This is what I am hearing from our Apple Systems Engineer: The current model for under 13 students is to use Apple Configurator (we are using 1.4 which has some issues) to push the Apps to the ipads. We have 60 for our 6th graders so that is what we ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors