Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Detecting Local User Account Creation

Hello JAMFnation discussion community. Long time listener first time caller... We are trying to track if a local account is created instead of a OD network account. I was looking into smart groups but I don't think the username "is like" is going to ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Migrating to a Public Cert Questions

I have read through this very good document:https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=115 But I still have a few questions. If I go though the steps of creating a Keystore and generating a CSR will it affect my existing clients now? When I ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check silverlight version?

I searched JAMF and google but I couldn't find a script that checks the version of Silverlight. Someone else asked on here but there was no reply. I'm sure it's an easy script but I am a script n00b. If anyone has one, please let me know. Thanks very...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configurator removing mdm profiles

Whenever I sync supervised iOS 7 devices in configurator 1.4 the Jamf profiles are getting removed. I do not have the "Remove apps and profiles Configurator did not install" box checked in configurator preferences.  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy to change permissions on an Application

Hello All, I created a Google Drive package, which was deployed as part of a Config. The problem is, somehow read/write permissions are somehow not coming across to new users that are created on that machine. Ideally, I would like to scope a policy o...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kernel panic randomly causing currupted vm's

i keep getting a kernel panic and I cant figure out what it means. the machine reboots and keeps corrupting the jss server. here are the panic details Interval Since Last Panic Report: 129816 secPanics Since Last Report: 1 Tue Sep 24 20:14:55 2013pan...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing MathType

Hi, has anyone tried packaging and deploying MathType? I can get it installed but the license key doesnt come down with it and I cant figure out where that is stored. Thanks Mark  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper 9.11 issuing 2 emails for policy violations

it seems after upgrading to 9.11 (from 9.1) i'm now getting multiples of 2 emails per violation (One machine generated 2 emails, another one generated 4 emails, etc). They have the same time stamps, so it appears to be from teh same violation.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OTA URL enrollment list of devices gone in 9.01?

In 8.71 and previous versions, I could view Enrollment invitations and Enrollment by URL.We only did Invites about a dozen times when we first started using Casper three years ago and most of those have been deleted.However, when a device is enrolled...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

itunes 11.1 and Software Update Server

We have a SUS running on 10.6.8 providing updates. Just tried deploying the 11.1.0 iTunes update and although the install appears to work, it actually breaks iTunes and it wont launch; system.log reports com.apple.launchd.peruser.254786553[559] ([0x0...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Menu - Shutdown and Restart Missing

In the Apple Menu "Shutdown" and "Restart" have dissapeared. We have not changed anything, if i delete /Library/Managed Preferences then it comes back, it would appear the settings do disable the shutdown in apple menu is in com.apple.loginwindo.plis...  View more

• 42 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 7 and Configurator

When using Configurator with iOS 7, we are not able to keep the first-run screen from displaying. Has any one found a way around this? I'm thinking our iOS 6 enrollment profile might be the cause, but I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with an iO...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Version Check Script

I know this might be off topic but I was hoping you all would have some insight on this or maybe a better way to approach it. I wanted to know if it would be possible to have a script check to see what the latest version of a piece of software was an...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flip4Mac failing via Casper Remote

Hi Guys, Trying to install Flip4Mac via Casper Remote & it's failing at around 97% completed. It appears the .pkg requires installing from the .dmg.. As copying it outside of the .dmg fails too. Which means installing via Caper Remote & caching then ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS data usage on mobile devices

We recently enrolled several hundred iPads in our JSS. A parent called today to ask if Casper might be running constantly in the background and drawing a lot of data. She has two daughters with school iPads, and both are drawing a lot of data on thei...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Any real documentation for JSS 9.X API?

So JSS 9.X overhauled the API a good bit, from my understanding. I've found https://jss.jamfsw.com/jss/api/index.htm as a reference to said API. However, there is absolutely no useful information as to what these APIs do. I'm considering upgrading an...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS in 9.11

i was going to install the JDS from 9.11. Any gotchas or people wishing they hadn't done it? Is there any major benefit to do it?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unknown user login attempt PASSED for auditing

Hi Gang;this is a new one . for the past week I am seeing users that were able to log into a machine last week, now today they cannot. I checked the logs and see "Unknown user login attempt PASSED for auditing " and one usere says acoount has vanishe...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin deleting

I just start using Casper at work. Its brand new software for us. Ok may be this is very simple question. I have few Repository items, that i am trying to delete. I open The Casper Admin, then highlight the item to delete, then i press Delete, and th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors