Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Macs and AD Environment

Hi everyone I am new here and new to the Mac World in terms of scripting and Macs in the Active Directory (Windows Server 2012) environment. I've been trying real hard or not hard enough to find a script/ write a script so I can capture login info/ l...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging LEGO Mindstorms NXT Software v2.1

I'm trying to package and deploy LEGO mindstorms education NXT Software v2.1 to clients running OSX 10.8.4The installation CD supports up-till OSX 10.6 and there is a patch (from LEGO) which enables the software to run on 10.8 I run the install the d...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reporting on McAfee FDE

We are currenty using McAFee FDE in our environment. Our Information Security team wants to make sure that we get to 99-100% compliance using the product on the Mac Platform. I can report on the McAfee Security app, but that only determines that the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Save Plugin Searches?

We used to be able to save searches on any of the search objects: computers, plugins, applications, etc. Now, it seems to only save the computer, or mobile device searches. It was really nice to have a quick search saved to click to see what versions...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Create an executable folder within Documents

Hi, we are using lots of Flash movies and currently, due to restrictions within the home folder which does not allow apps to be run, can people not run these movies. Is there a way to create a executable folder within Documents allowing a user to do ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari managed homepage

Good Morning all,Running into a small "gotcha" and wondering if anyone can help shed some light on it. We're running Casper 8.64 along with 10.6.8 clients. Also running Safari 5.1.5 due to the flash disabling in newer versions.Problem we're seeing is...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security Patch Tuesday!

When it rains, it poors... Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.168Adobe Reader/Acrobat 11.0.4Oracle Java 1.7 Update 40Microsoft Office 14.3.7 Supposedly, the old version of Flash Player has been blocked by Apple using XProtect. Java still seems to be operati...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logs on Server for tomcat?

Hi Guys, Earlier today i lost access to my JSS and i had to restart Tomcat on the server to get it running again. Would there be any log files that would explain why this might have happened?If so, could someone point me in the right direction.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JDS Replicating maybe not?

When trying to replicate packages from our JSS to a JDS via admin client everything seems to be working in that the progress bar keeps moving and packages are showing as being replicated. But when looking at the share on the JDS there is nothing in t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Please vote up MDM enrollment feature request

I've posted a feature request for Casper 9.x that I'd like to promote for upvoting. I have an existing process to automatically fix Macs that don't have the MDM certificate properly installed in Casper 8.x. For details, see this post: http://derfloun...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

QuickAdd as a zip file, JSS 9.01

I have a test JSS running on a Windows 2008 R2 VM and it's version 9.01. Whenever I add a locally made QuickAdd package to Casper Admin 9.01, it makes it a .zip file. So basically it says, QuickAdd.pkg.zip and it thinks it is in fact a zip file. If I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper message cutting off text

I'm setting up a Self Service script to pop up a window displaying the hostname and IP addresses. Here's what I have: #!/bin/bash compname=`scutil --get ComputerName` wifi_IP=`networksetup -getinfo Wi-Fi | grep "IP address" | head -n 1` ethernet_IP=`...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade to Casper 9.01

I haven't upgraded yet, but there are bunch of new features I am interested in playing with (JDS and AWS) but I am a little nervous about upgrading. I havent had a chance to setup a test server, so I was wondering what others have seen and if there h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1X Profiles...Help

Hi Folks;we just setup Radius/AD authentication. having an issue with Laptop carts. Trying to setup compute level authentication, but it seems to fail. can anyone share their setup/settings( step by step if possible) I tried making the profile in Cas...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

powerd/Launchd

Has anyone else experienced managing power settings through Casper and then get a process "powerd," which is a subset of launchd, start consuming 100% of CPU? It's only happening to a random subset of our inventory, but those were dev machines which ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Binary 9.01 & 10.6 Network Home Drives

Has anyone else upgraded to 9.01 and had the binary break the Use Windows UNC path for home at log on?Basically all our SL machines are getting question marks "?" in the dock when users log on.I have removed the jamf binary (sudo jamf removeFramework...  View more

• 30 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9 - deutsche lokalisierung

topic regarding german localization \- therefore in german \- sorry friends :) Hallo zusammen, mit der Casper Suite 9 wurde ja auch die Lokalisierung eingeführt. Unter anderem in Deutsch. Nun - diese ist an der einen oder anderen Stelle ein wenig ......  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

/etc/krb5.conf in Mountain Lion

Does anyone using a custom krb5.conf in /etc/krb5.conf and experience any issues with login lag? When we create this file, we notice our users get a login lag when awaking the system from sleep or unlocking the screen saver. Just wanted to see if any...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fill User Existing User Home Directories

I am trying to make a DMG with Composer for Airserver, and the serial for Airserver get's installed to the ~/Library/Preferences folder of the account that I am building the DMG with. I know of the "Fill Existing User Home Directories" check box in C...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 DHCP Server

Having an issue with a 10.8 Mini Server running DHCP. I have 4 VLAN's and on my wireless one I get an IP address conflict from time to time. Talked to Apple about this and they bascially told me that my network was too complex, that they only can sup...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

UUID report

Is it possible to query Inventory via UUID? Basically I have a UUID, I want it to spit out back at me the computer in JSS.  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors