Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Did Casper 9 upgrade break my mobile mdm?

Over the weekend, I upgraded to Casper 9. I just looked at one of my test iPads, and I see a my self service webclip which has a custom icon is just a blank icon. Usually that means the device is not talking to the MDM, which I am guessing may be som...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas for Managing iOS Mail Settings

We are starting our first 1:1 iPad Initiative. I'd like to make it as easy as possible for 3rd graders (etc) to use the iOS mail app. I know there is a mail payload available for profiles. But I am wondering about the practicality of how this is impl...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Search Results v9

Overall I like the changes in v9. But the search results lists, not so much. If I want to see more results at once, I have to fiddle with the "Show" drop down. In previous version, I had a nice, easy-to-read formatted list of all of my results.Each r...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing admin rights from managed mobile accounts?

Hi Everyone, We have a group of imac users who have been abusing their admin privs. IT management would like me to find a way via casper to remove admin privs from these users accounts. These users are all on managed mobile accounts authenticated via...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

CRUD Operation Error after Casper 9.0 upgrade

I am receiving a lot of errors now that say "CRUD Operation Error" or "Error running recon: No content was returned by the JSS" This is after my upgrade to Casper 9.0 is there anything special I need to do on my clients post upgrade?  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error after Casper 9.0 upgrade

Here is the error that is now rolling into my email constantly. An error occurred while running the policy "Update Computer Name" on the computer "Debbie-Bushman". Actions from policy log: Executing Policy Update Computer Name... Running Recon... Ret...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows DP replication failure

I've had zero problems with my 10 Mac OS distribution points, but my first attempt at using a Windows share is failing. (My account manager is looking into it also). I can manually mount the windows share with the casperadmin account (which is local ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

localhost.plist file disappearing

Hi folks, Has anyone run across an issue where the localhost.plist file disappears seemingly randomly? I've opened a case with Apple and their support staff says they have only seen this issue with clients using MCX managed by Casper, but I have not ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

REmote Lock/Wipe

Theoretically (or if anybody has done this), if I issue a remote lock/wipe command to a missplaced Mac. Will it work if our JSS is internal access only? It travels over APNS, which then wouldn't rely on the JSS but I wasn't sure if there was somethin...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

File Name Issue With 9.0

Since upgrading to 9.0 I seem to have a rather large problem. Whenever I try to install a package, either by remote or by setting up a policy, I get an error that the package cannot be found, for example:-------------------------------------An error ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restiricted Software and Exclisions

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with restricted software? I have my JSS set to block terminal access except for a hand full of users in the exclusion list. Names such as System Administrator, my own account and so on appear on this list. Since C...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's on your Dashboard?

I like the new Dashboard for alerts, for one thing - I have a few EAs that check for things like RAID battery failure & data drive status, for instance - having instances show on the Dashboard, rather than as part of a general search, is far more use...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Noob Question - choose configuration to install

Hi Guys, I realise this a case of do the training, but I dont have the luxury this week while my colleague (the apple Jedi) is away. I've created a new Configuration Profile in Casper Manager... and now I want to deploy that configuration to a NEW Ma...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Exclude" in search broken?

Trying to come to grips with the new search syntax (which, honestly, I'm not sure is an improvement...): The manual sez to use a hyphen to exclude a term from results, but it doesn't seem to actually work. I've tried searching for partial computer na...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot without OS X

So one of the things that's on my current worklist is to find a replacement for our ageing xserves that (amongst other things), provide Netboot. Am I correct in understanding that my choices to keep net boot are as follows? 1) Either a Mac Pro or Mac...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Name Computer records

I have just upgraded to Casper 9.0 and a whole whack of computer records are showing up in inventory as "No name" with no other info displayed, when i go into the record the information is correct, and each broken record has the correct info for the ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drive Partitioning Script

I'm trying to write a script that will repartition a drive based on it's Physical size. If the drive is 300GB or below, 2 partitions the primary partition 50% of the total the 2nd partition will be the rest. If the drive is above 300GB, 2 partitions ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launch Agent Help

I'm trying to get this script to run on a schedule of some sort as a launch agent. It keeps failing as an exit code 1. Hopefully someone knows what I'm doing wrong. #!/bin/bash # Logfile LOGFILE="/Library/Logs/ClientEnroll.log" #Get the MAC Address o...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging Error

Every once in a while when initiating an image we get the error: "An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must be shut down." Has anyone run into this? We are running jss 8.71 on 10.8.4 server. Thanks in advance  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tips on a mass un-enroll and re-enroll strategy?

Based on this response, it looks like we are not in a good place. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6806 We put in a global proxy with LightSpeed and while internet works, it blocks access to Casper and nobody knows why. So our i...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Patching Question

Can patching be configured through the JSS so that clients download updates from Apple’s Update servers as opposed to deploying patches through an in-house SUS server?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

New DMZ server woes...

So I was able to get support on the line to help getting my DMZ server to look for my intranet DB. Now upon launch, however, the DMZ server fails to initialize and give a Database Connection Error. The following error was encountered: Communications ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Nation Conference (Google map)

Grabbed Details From here: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/events/jamf-nation-user-conference/2013/accommodations And Created this map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zzF_8SZfhnX4.kEggsri8nLu4 It lists the hotels by price then Miles away (And...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 9.0 Management Logs

Upgraded to 9.0 and for the life of me I cannot locate the Management Logs. I am referring to the tab for Logs, which contained Casper Remote Logs, Policy Logs, Casper Imaging Logs, Screen Sharing/VNC Logs, etc.. Has this been done away with, in favo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors