Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Config Dock for new users

Want to customize the dock for new users on a freshly imaged machine. I've tried creating the .dmg file in composer and loading that with a policy but no luck. Wonder if just replacing the .plist file is the better route but need some direction on th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Some Cool Extension Attributes I have made!

Hey everyone here are some cool EA's. I haven't found how to upload EA's since the website has been change a little. ARD Enabled #!/bin/sh echo "`cat /private/etc/RemoteManagement.launchd`" This script will report a simple "enabled" or nothing. Great...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issues deploying 10GB DMG via Self Service Policy

I am trying to deploy a 22GB PVM (Parallels VM) file packaged by Composer in a DMG using a policy triggered by Self Service. The policy executes and completes successfully, but it only copies 1.5MB of the 22GB PVM file to /users/shared/parallels. Thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is flushPolicyHistory part of Casper imaging now?

Is flushPolicyHistory part of Casper imaging now? It seems like it's is flushing the policy history at imaging on v8.62.If yes I don't have to manually run the "jamf flushPolicyHistory" command at our post image scripting. I would like to get an offi...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Deleting Items

I am working to set-up a configuration profile in my environment and I am running into some issues. First off, we are running OD 10.6 but this is mostly just for authentication purposes. We are trying to use Casper 8.7.1 to push the configuration pro...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

best way to nag a user

We have a handful of systems that are on 10.6.x, what's the best way to generate a popup to nag the user 2-3x per day that they need to work with their local IT staff? I was thinking just the reboot message, but make it so it displays if it's not reb...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logic behind Distribution Point failover?

So we have four Distribution Points. Each is set to fail over to another Distribution Point. Not that we'd ever do something like this, but the question came up, and we honestly didn't have an answer... How does this work? I mean, yea, DP01 is down, ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud Deployment

I am attempting to deploy Creative Cloud for Teams, with basically everything included. I created the PKG just fine with Creative Cloud Packager. The first pkg i created didnt really work at all, regardless of if I was installing via casper or intera...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

HAProxy offloading

Hi Guys,This is a followup in regards to https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6195 First, I have my JAMF server in AWS. I was running on an XL instance and running into utilization issues. So, I split my instance into multiple mediu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force password on screensaver error

I downloaded and used the manifest to set the screensaver time out and required a password to unlock.https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/viewProductFile.html?id=135&fid=430 I also downloaded the attribute Screensaver - Ask for Passwordhttps://jamfnat...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

One database two masters

I have a situation where I am working on doing a DMZ install of the JSS. what I was under the impression is that with a DMZ JSS there is a Database there for fail over as well as the one it is pointing to internally. Is this correct or is the DMZ JSS...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service External Access

I have a secondary Linux distribution point that I would like to make available to Self Service users from outside of our network (ie, from home). I have set up the Linux server with an AFP share and defined it in JSS as a DP server, both with the AF...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer woes on 10.8.4

I am trying to setup canon ir 5075 copiers with mailboxes onto ourTeacher Macbooks. I have tried both the updated ps and UFRII drivers for osx 10.8. I am trying IPP and it is able to read the printer toner levels andhow much paper is in the copier bu...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS webadmin won't load

I'm giving the NetSUS appliance a try for the first time, but the webadmin page won't load, so i can't change accounts, etc. I'm running it in VirtualBox 4.2.16 and I'm running version 1.02 of the appliance. Host OS is 10.8.4. Anyone else having issu...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Checking for policies"

Hello JAMF Nation. I'm new to Casper and was wondering if there is a way to disable the "Checking for policies" pop-up when logging in and/or logging off? Thanks!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper share

We would like Casper to be able to mount the afp share from the outside of our network how do we set this up?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot image settings unavailable

I have an issue with my 10.7 netboot server. I have recently removed several old mages (.nbi directories) and replaced them with new ones. Now when I start Server Admin->Netboot->Settings->Images tab I don't see the activate, diskless, index, archite...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Reporting

I only see three fields directly relating to FileVault 2. FV, FV2, and "FV2 Key Type". Does anyone know what are the possible values of the fields?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem to enroll the iPads (IOS 6.1.3)

We have about 200 iPads with IOS 6.1.3, and we try to enroll them by the url. The two profiles CA Certificate Payload & MDM Profile both download and install successful. It also says enrollment complete. But Self-Service do not appear on the iPad hom...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors