Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Can't re-add printers

I'm having great difficulty in re-adding two printers to the JSS list of printers via Casper Admin. Specifically, I have policies (via Self Service) which add all the printers in a building to a user's machine. We have a situation in one of our build...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy error message

I am using the JAMF Written "display message" script to display a security warning to my end Users. When I let the JAMF automated policy run, no matter what (I'd say 98.5% of the time) I seem to get the below: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting Auto Login

I have some kiosk machines that need to automatically login on boot, but I can't seem to get my package to work properly at imaging time even though it works once I'm logged into the machine. I created a package that contains the kcpassword file (per...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Enroll Stuck @ Locating Mobile Device records....

Hi JAMF Nation, I've lost the ability to manage a 2011 Macbook Pro (OS 10.7.5) so I'm trying to run a sudo jamf enroll but the enrollment always gets stuck at Locating mobile device records. sea-xxxxxxxx:~ xxxxxxxxx$ sudo jamf enrollDownloading the J...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

McAfee Endpoint Protection with ePO - Packaging Issues

Hello all - there don't seem to be many (if any) posts about McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac and strategies for packaging this application so I thought I would see what you all think. Deploying the flat package downloaded from my McAfee Enterprise...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX priorities

Does anyone know if it is possible and/or which priority the MCX are applied? I have a screensaver MCX that is scoped to a Smart Group called 10.8.x desktops. Screensaver is set to 1800.This setting of 1800 works for 99% of our computers, however a 1...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Developers without local admin rights

Ok, I've seen a few posts on aspects of this but I'd like to get some feedback from JAMFNation on how they deal with the following requirement. We are working on a 10.8 deployment for a development project. All of the developers will be using Xcode, ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

VNC/ARD access while Netbooted to Casper Imaging?

I have a Casper Netinstall nbi that I use for booting machines into Casper Imaging so they can be reimaged. I've been asked to stop using "Automatically Image this Computer the next time Casper Imaging is launched" after a user accidentally reimaged ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Secure SSH - by Directory Group?

For those of you in environments where your Macs are bound to a central directory service (AD/LDAP/etc) and you've locked down SSH, can you clarify if it possible to lock it down via directory group vs just a single user account (as offered in the in...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

troubleshooting error logs

I'm having a bear of a time understanding what this log error message means. I've scrubbed data, I've deleted profiles and recreated them and have re-enrolled all of our Mac OS X 10.8 clients. I've even escalated to support, but was hoping some seaso...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking the health of the jamf agent

I am hoping that someone could help me or maybe save me some time. We use Casper for all of our machine that we maintain and was wondering if anyone is doing anything client side to monitor the jamf client/agent to make sure that it is working ok and...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Large-scale WiFi password change for clients

I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but has anyone been able to change a password for network access remotely without disconnecting completely and on a large scale, i.e., 5500+ machines? I'm just curious because we're implementing some new technology ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging not binding in OD

I have a very uncomplicated workflow setup in Casper Imaging: it basically binds the computer, names the computer and updates the inventory. Everything in this workflow works fine, but the binding which does not work at all. I started out today runni...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Supervisor profile for ipad

Is it possible to push out a supervisor profile to iPads via the JAMF system? We have a bunch of iPads that have been deployed and are looking to install the iBoss mdm profile on the device to provide web filtering off site. However it requires that ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Prefs Starting on First Login

This is an odd one. With our latest set of imaging we have found that the System Preferences application will launch the first time someone logs into a machine. However, this only happens if we have an application package that needs to be "Installed ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging Adobe Extensions

Hello all, I was asked to package two Adobe Specctr extensions for Fireworks and Adobe Illustrator and not sure how to proceed with the packaging, i wanted to ask someone if they have had experience with these before. I want Fireworks and Ai installe...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute for Casper Imaging

hi folks, Looking for some help in figuring out a way to create a Smart Group whose members will be all Macs that are built using NetBoot and Casper Imaging.Basically, if a Mac has a Casper Imaging log, than it should be part of that smart group.I di...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox Profile

I'm considering deploying a pre-configured Firefox profile for new staff computers and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this and whether there were any problems doing it. On a fresh system, I installed the latest version of Firefox and used Composer...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Microsoft Lync - .nib File Update

We are attempting to lock down the 'Save Conversation' option in the Microsoft Lync Client. There seems to be no easy way to do this via managed preference/configuration profile, so we are taking the less preferred approach of updating the .nib file ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change JSS auto-logout time?

Is there a way to extend the time that the JSS will log you out due to inactivity? I looked in all the links under Settings and everything under JSS Service and did not see this option anywhere. Is it possible to change this? If so, where is the sett...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SCEP Payload No Longer Working on 10.8.4 Build 12E3067

Recently received some new 13" MacBook Air (6,2) devices and am trying to apply a configuration profile that involves a SCEP payload. When the profile is attempting to be applied to the machine, it fails with within a few seconds of the notification...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

AD Bind after Imaging doesn't always apply.

As part of our 10.8.4 imaging process we have a configuration that adds our Active Directory Binding to the First-Run Script. For some reason, it doesn't always work. The AD Binding only seems to get installed on a third of the machines. Have any of ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Remote - Secure SSH

I'm looking at these 2 settings. Configure SSH (Remote Login) to only allow access for this user - Under Settings, Casper Admin, Configuration, Management. Ensure SSH is running - Under Settings, Computer Management Framework Settings, Startup Item. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors