Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

EA to check duplex setting for en0 and en1?

There doesn't seem to be a previous post or thread regarding EA for checking duplex of en0 and/or en1. Of course I didn't scroll past the first results page, since we're waiting for JAMF to fix the search sort issue. Anyone have an EA for displaying...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Flush All History With Problems - NOT!

OK, if we display policy log page with the default 100 lines, the Flush All History With Problems button appears to work. Well...unless you expand the display to a higher number, say 2500...then it appears not to work beyond the first 100 lines. You ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

CocoaDialog send jamf binary output to TEXT field

CocoaDialog gurus.. can you please help? I wish to have a window with an indeterminate progress bar that's text fields are updated with the output of the jamf binary (in this case the output of jamf installAllCached & sudo jamf recon).. I'm just stru...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

mDNSResponder Mountain Lion

Anyone know how to disable Multicast Advertisements in Mountain Lion? This used to work in 10.6 but can find anything on Mountain Lion http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3789#  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terminal Notifier commands hanging

Hi There, I have a re-wrapped version of Terminal Notifier that i wish to use to notify end user of policies etc.. I have a collection of scripts that work locally as the user as when as root from the terminal (via su). But they seem to either hang o...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check in Frequency for different groups....

Are any of you out there in JAMFNation are using custom /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.jamfsoftware.task.1.plist for different groups? In the environment where I am I have three production groups that I'd like to change the check-in times from every 1/2 ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer-level AD Certificate Auto Renewal

We have AD Certificate Payload configured in Configuration Profiles to get the computer level AD certificates and it works fine. Now I'm thinking about a strategy for renewal of the certs. As far as i know, the certificate will not get renewed automa...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kiosk Accounts

Hi all, Does anyone have any experience in setting up a "kiosk" type user account? I have a requirement for an easy to access user account that is completely locked down apart from a web browser. The browser itself we only want to allow access to one...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Did our JSS have gonja brownies for lunch?

I mean, really? Timeout is set to a very high number, and no changes made to JSS, but Safari is acting like it had ganja brownies for lunch. Is there a known issue? How do we stop JSS from timing out in Safari? Don  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lotusnote traveler and casper mdm issue

Hi There, We been using Casper mdm for almost a year now and recently we introduce lotus notes traveler so users can have their mail on idevices via active sync . We observer really strange problem . when I have device enrolled to mdm server we canno...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Saved Search for GSX Lookups

I'm attempting to created a saved search to hunt down machines that do not have GSX data populated. Yet in the Saved Search options, I cannot create a search that will allow me to search for machines with a PO Date of "N/A". Is there another way to g...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory - JSS - Cal question.

Basic question. We will be using configuration profiles to bind our machines to AD and pass them over to the Certificate Authority on our new AD server to pick up a 802.1x cert (root - machine level). (As per this thread https://jamfnation.jamfsoftwa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login username and password

Can somebody please help me to understand why 2 of the same hardware and software machines would give 2 different results. these were both imaged and bound to an ad with casper imaging but look 2 different ways. One uses the profile picture (which is...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show keyboard input menu on FileVault encrypted Mac

Hi everyone, acutally I got the problem, that on FileVault encrypted Macs the input menu for keyboard layouts won't show up in the boot screen. The setting for the keyboard input menu is located in /Library/Preferences/com.apple.loginwindow with the ...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

delete individual keychain item

I have a situation where i need to deploy a new printer. no problem there!only problem is user needs to authenticate trough AD printserver.this means there is a network password in the users keychain named printerc0(x). does any of you know how to re...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group on FileVault 2 status?

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything, but is there a way to build a smart group off of the FileVault 2 Status from the Storage information? In the Computer information from Inventory, I see the status if I click on the Storage section, but if I drill...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Window profile locks computer name

When creating a configuration profile to set login window preferences, I discovered that the client is prevented from changing the Computer Name, even if "Set computer name to computer record name" is not selected. Is this a bug? or am I missing some...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Updates Checking in FileMaker Pro 11?

A few groups we support need to stay on FileMaker Pro 11, so we're packaging for deployment. We want to stifle the update prompt (image). When we capture ~/Library/Preferences/com.filemaker.client.pro.plist then toggle the update checkbox in FileMake...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors