Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Organizing Printers in Jamf Pro

Hello!After finally getting print drivers and printers to install on managed Mac devices, I am noticing all the clutter of Printers in the Policy section. How do you guys organize printers in Jamf if you use Jamf to deploy all your printing needs?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Group Application Version not working

Hi,I either went crazy or something has changed? A simple smart group to show FortiClient 6.x version shows 7.x version as well and I can't figure out why. It's not just 1 mac, but all of the ones which have FortiClient 7.x, no version 6 present are ...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.07.02 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.10.34 AM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 10.07.50 AM.png
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pharos Notify & Popup issue on Monterey 12.5.1

Pharos Notify & Popup issue on Monterey 12.5.1This software has worked darn near flawlessly until now(hasn't been updated since 2018?). Even though the Firewall is set correctly, neither of the Pharos components(Popup & Notify) can communicate with t...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apps in self-service disappears after installing

Hello there,I am a newbee to Jamf pro.I have downloaded "office 365", used Jamf composer to package it. Uploaded it to the Jamf server and created 2 policies.1: Install Office 365 (Make the policy available in Self Service is NOT TICKED)2: Self servi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamf.log permissions?

I've been using a function for a while in my scripts that echo's the input to stdout for Jamf to pick up when writing to the server logs when a policy runs, but also to a local .log file. If it's not an intensive script, I'll just append it to the ja...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Connect Setup - Advice

Hi Everyone, Tomorrow is our scheduled call with a JAMF Engineer to help setup JAMF connect for us. I was wondering if anyone has any advice or knowledge they want to share that I can ask the Engineer. I am getting a bit of the pre-Meeting jitters si...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best Practice for Application Updates

Hi allWhen we build macOS devices we use DepNotify and Installomater to install around 10 standard applications including, Chrome, Office, iTerm, Docker and a few other things. We also allow a larger selection of applications to be installed using In...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lock Student iPads After School Hours

Is there any way to lock student iPads during after school hours from say 3:30p-7:00a using Jamf Pro? We want to prevent them from being used after school hours should students sneak them home without permission. I am even open to other alternatives ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Loginwindow Screensaver won't start - OS11+12

Hey All!I've tried with 0 success to get the screensaver to load up on the login window. (set to 1min to speed up testing)I've tried all the Screensavers, but none will load over the login window. However, if a user is logged in, no problem, the scre...  View more

Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 12.44.24 PM.png
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Authentication

Hello Team,We have added a configuration payload to bypass the HTTP Authentication for intranet site.We have also added required Certificates too. Application domain:- com.microsoft.EdgeAllowCrossOriginAuthPromptBut re-opening the Microsoft Edge do n...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

A trio of networkQuality EAs

Deploy your favorite from a trio of Jamf Pro Extension Attributes which leverage macOS Monterey’s (and later) networkQuality binary to help you better understand your users’ Internet connectionBackgroundAfter reviewing Brock Walter’s The networkQuali...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pushing update

Hello, I’m trying to push the new software update on some iPads using Jamf. I push the command remotely but it only works on some iPads. Are the ones that are not being pushed unsupervised? Is there a way to make them supervised?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Security payloads - Configuration Profiles

we have a fleet of iPads that have recently had some security payloads distributed to them, one setting looks to have grayed out the ability to sign in to your Apple ID in the settings, thus preventing some users from downloading apps - I am trying t...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service policy for Apple Software Updates

In the olden days (Catalina and prior) we used the Software Update option to let users install any Apple software updates available (this doesn't include upgrades like 10.15 to 11.x, but just 10.15.x to 10.15.x+). But obviously this doesn't work now ...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 1 kudos

MUT not recognizing JSS version

@mlev MUT 6 has worked for me in the past. Now I am getting an error that is it not seeing the version number we are on. We are cloud and currently on 10.40.1-t16595817502022-08-19 02:02:01 [INFO ]: Beginning CSV Parse - Attributes update.2022-08-19 ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Adobe packages

Hello all, How are you deploying Adobe CC packages? I just can't seem to figure it out. I tried creating individual packages for every adobe cc application I needed in the adobe admin console package creator. Then I create the policies to push them. ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sites and "Imaging"

We have a bunch of sites for Labs in Jamf, but we are finally starting to roll out jamf to the rest of campus macs. We have a site just for these. We used to use MDS for imaging but are moving away with using ASM/ADE and jamf to push down all applica...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors