Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Creating/Assigning a new management account

We need to remove the user account that is currently being used for the management account. What is the process for creating a new management account (hidden, preferably)? The admin guide does not make the process very clear to me, and the last thing...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-house IOS apps & Casper 9.12

We are a High School and have about 1900 iPads deployed as a 1:1 program. We are running JSS 8.72 & all our iPads are running iOS7.0.2 We deploy all apps to students through the JSS In-House apps mechanism. Is anyone running 9.12 successfully in a si...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Open Self Service from Policy

Trying to open Self Service.app from a policy. Essentially have SS open in the background and have a window displayed telling people they should really update their system. Half the systems it works on, the other half it doesn't. Using the "run comma...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Event API in the cloud?

Any chance of getting any of the Event API functionality in v9 Cloud? We could use the generic EventAlert plugin to point at our own endpoints, be them middleware in the cloud or onsite in certain cases.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS Server

We are looking forward to new features for MDM's in iOS 7, so I am setting up a new server instance on 10.8. How can I go about getting all machines and iOS devices moved over to the new JSS? The new server has a different DNS name and it is not poss...  View more

• 22 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to enable Casper Admin access for site users

Using guidance received during the beta, I am following this technique to try to grant Casper Admin access to site users: Add User X to Group A and assign site access to group AAdd User X or Group A to Group B and assign Full Access to Group B for Ca...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Admins

Does anyone have a script they use with success to add local non-admin accounts to the lpadmin group? I am having an issue where students are clogging up the printer queues and the printers are pausing. They then can't unpause the printer since they ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Create User Pkg

I am using the CreateUserPkg (v1.2.3) from the app store to create a hidden local admin account. What we are finding is that if we sign in under that local account, we get missing application "?" in the dock and we cant save to the desktop. Domain ac...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

listing config profiles error

Hi guys im trying this command to list extention attributes. /usr/bin/profiles -C I wish to have an extension attribute to find particular ones. Unfortunately i have noticed machines including mine showing The caller "/usr/bin/Profiles" is not author...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to remove item from login items?

Hi all. On our current company image, we have a login item set that launches an application (eTime) upon login. We are now moving away from this application entirely and would like to push a script to end users to remove this login item and the eTime...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updates failing

Got a bit of a weird issue. For a few weeks to a month or so I've had a policy running on machines with a local cached server installing patches and everything has been running fine. Last friday, I turned on a policy to handle the rest of the machine...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to find a File on Managed Computers

So we just got a copyright violation notice and I need to try to find a specific file on a managed computer. What would the be the best way to do this? I was thinking about using the advance commands to perform a spotlight search however I don't see ...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get AD department name

Hi guys im trying to get my AD deparment. So when i do dscl /Active Directory/RUFUS_DOMAIN/All Domains/ -read /Users/tkimpton i want to be able to get my department dsAttrTypeNative:department: Information Systems Problem is im having problem outputt...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Date and Time for this?

Date says 09/16? Is there a confirmed date, time and location yet for the event "Apple TVs in the classroom"?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

What is "InstalledApplicationList"

Hi All, in trying to track down what's happening with the increased traffic to my JSS server, I notice that many of my devices are showing an entry labelled "InstalledApplicationList" under the management tab, and this is listed 3 times every day. Do...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Assigning Site during imaging

Is there anyway to assign a site during imaging? When editing a Configuration there is no option to choose a site under the Management tab. Can you create QuickAdd packages and then just add them to the package part of the configuration to get around...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Server 2.2.2 Virtual NICs not showing in Server App

Hey all, Just want to see if anybody is running the new OS X ML Server 2.2.2. It say it now supports virtual NICS, but when I try and enable them for NetBoot, the service doesn't them. Still only physical NIC. What gives? Did Apple lie to me or am I ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grant site user access to all policies?

Is it possible to grant a site user access to policies which do not have a site assigned? Basically, we want site users to see only their computers, but have access to all policies. This is a similar issue to the Casper Admin access problem for site ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Deployment problems

So first let me state the problem. I have set up a printer and drivers via composer to deploy and setup a printer on a mac. I think we are very close. When I hit the "Install" button in self service, it does its thing, and I can print to the printer ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Share Permissions

Hello all, I have the same question as here: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=347 The account that posted this has since been deleted so I figured I would start a new one. In a nutshell: We had a student come to us yesterday say...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to use a MAC book Pro in Offline Mode via AD user

Hi, I have recently gotten a MacBook Pro (10.8.2) with retina for one of my designer for use with Adobe CC. I was able to bind the MBP to our Windows 2012 Active Directory and it all seems normal as the user was able to use her current Windows AD acc...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors