Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Mac enrollment page does not work with CNAME/Alias?

We created a friendly CNAME record for our JSS, so that users who need to self enroll do not need to know the complicated FQDN of our server. We discovered that when using this CNAME (i.e. Friendlyname.company.com/enroll) instead of the FQDN, clickin...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Startup manager via bootup model specific?

Hopefully i'm using the correct terminology here.... When booting a machine with the option key pressed down I'm seeing different results depending on the model of the device. On a MacMini (2009) I see: HD, 4 different images hosted from a Mac Netboo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firstrun script not working - 8.64 - 10.8

Having a strange issue where the first run script isn't usually running when I image 10.8 machines. Luckily, our production 10.7 images seem consistently ok. I imaged a machine with 10.8 config several times yesterday, and I didn't see this issue. My...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS FQDN

When I move the FQDN, and reissue the certificate for apn's through the jss, do i have to generate a brand new one or is the one generated on the JSS still valid. Do I need to generate a brand new one using: http://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creative Cloud Packager - any experiences?

About to go down this rabbit hole. I've used the Creative Cloud Packager (basically a new version of AAMEE) to build an install package. Trying to run the package manually, even though I instructed it to ignore conflicting processes, the package fail...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Synching Home Directories to a Network Home Folder

I need some assistance setting up the Configuration Profile to synch a users Home Directory to their Network Home Directory. We have 100 user accounts that have home directories set up on a 9TB SAN. The SAN is running Windows Storage Server 2008 runn...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper client certificates - reusing

Casper during enrollment creates a client certificate to subsequently authenticate clients. See https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=213 This is fine and desirable however there are other situations whereby using a client certificate i...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles being removed by user

We have a laptop cart and configuration profiles created in JSS that tell which WIFI network the laptop should connect to. The config profile are scoped out correctly in JSS. But for some reason the config profiles are being removedor are not applyin...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Available Network Interface Script Help

I'm trying to tidy up my search domain script by only grabbing the available network interfaces. If I use my existing one from my first boot script I receive errors due the fact that not all of them are present. It doesn't effect the search domain be...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

FirstRun script not running

Hi, We have a FirstRun script that makes bootable and hides a recovery partition. However it does not seem to want to run as part of the FirstRun script. If I run another test script ahead of it, it will run just fine, but on it's own does not run. A...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS login logs?

Our JSS is bound to our AD domain. We've added an AD group that contains our techs that will need to log into the JSS, however, some members of the group can't seem to log in with their AD credentials. I cannot find any login logs for the JSS that ma...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus, app focus

Hi Nation Has anyone had trouble while testing Focus that it will not show up any apps to focus on apart from Safari. Every time I choose an iPad or choose to focus the group of iPads on an app, it won't show up any other app in the list for me to ch...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM enabled OS X 10.8.3 keep receving "EraseDevice"

Hello, I am newbie on the board both OS X and JAMF. I have installed quick add package in OS X 10.8.3 iMac stations- stations are bind to active directory (2008R2)The weird thing is as soon as user logs in, screen saver starts and asking for password...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Firefox 20.0 Customized and Composer

Hi all, I'm relatively new to Composer and have successfully customized, packaged, and deployed Google Chrome without any issues. Works great. However, when I perform the same steps (outlined below) in effort to customize and deploy Firefox 20.0, it ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 + casper + AD users

So it's coming down from our security team that we need to encrypt our Mac Laptops with some kind of encryption. I've been pouring over the forums, apple's white paper, casper's white paper, and Rich Trouton's video of FV2. I saw that in 10.8.2 there...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Making Language Chooser run at first boot

Has anybody figured out how to get Language Chooser to run at first boot?if I make my image from a Install OS X.app it seems to assume that since i ran that App in English that is the language I will want everybody to use, and well my customers tend ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Nuke and Pave JSS

For dev purposes, I'd like to know what people do to nuke and pave JSS (OS X, Linux, Windows) so you end up in a state after initial installation.  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Logs for "At Reboot" scripts

When a script runs at first reboot, after a build, where does it write its logs?I don't see any evidence of it running in the jamf.log.The only evidence of my at reboot scripts running, are the fact that they do their jobs.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Odd question regarding extension attributes

I would like to be able to modify a string extension attribute based on a policy. Is this possible? Heres our situation. We loan computers to students all over the state of PA and upon graduation or withdrawal, they are supposed to send the computers...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Focus Question

Hi nation; I know it'searly in inception, but we ar e looking at Casper Focus. Question: If we push a profile/cert to those students with BYOD as part of wireless access,in theory Casper Focus should work, yes or no Thx LS  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Drive Mount Script not working when run through Casper

Through looking at other posts I've come up with this script which works fine when run from a terminal. I replace $3 with $USER when I run from terminal. #!/bin/sh currentuser=$3 smbhome=`dscl '/Active Directory/CSUMAIN/All Domains' -read /Users/$cur...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has anyone installed syslog-ng on a Mac?

Currently looking at the different syslog clients for the Mac. The built in syslog on the Mac does not work for us. Has anyone successfully installed syslog-ng on Mountain Lion, or, installed any other syslog utilities on the Mac? I am looking for so...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing SSL port from 8443 to 443

We have had some complaints about the non standard HTTPS port Tomcat uses. I know that to modify the port used I need to modify the server.xml file in the Tomcat directory. I am thinking I could change the port or try a redirect. Has anyone attempted...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X Profiles & Network Shares

I created a profile that mounted some network shares. However when I applied it to a machine and rebooted, it added them to the login window but didn't mount them. So I changed the profile from User level to Machine level and rebooted, and the shares...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors