Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

New Java 7 u21 coming soon

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/new-security-protection-fixes-for-39-exploitable-bugs-coming-to-java/ Oracle plans to release an update for the widely exploited Java browser plugin. The update fixes 39 critical vulnerabilities and introduces ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Question

Hi, Beware, potential stupid question ahead. We are in the final stages of selecting Casper as the Mac management tool for our environment. Currently we are a Windows and SCCM shop for our PCs. We would like to utilize the Casper NetBoot Imaging func...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computers not getting Computer Name when imaged

Hey all, Having an issue here where none of the new machines we image get the name they are designated in Casper Imaging. They just get called localhost after everything is installed. For reference we are on 8.64 Any help is appreciated. Thanks!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 7 u17 installation problems

We recently needed to deploy Java 7 u17 from Oracle as the Apple Java on our OS X 10.7.4 computers just wasn't being recognized by a particular website. So I simply downloaded the file from Oracle and uploaded the .pkg file into Casper as I had with ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trying to shorten JSS enrolment url with cname

Hello, I have been trying to get our internal DNS enrolment address shortened and working. I have setup a CNAME in dns of Casper pointing to HTTPS://server.domain.local:8443/enroll. I am not able to get this to work. If anyone has had this same troub...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot and sleepimage vm

Just wanted to post a find, recently we were having issues with our NetBoot going haywire on a 10.8 server (migrated from 10.7 and it didn't happen on 10.7 server) every so often, and the culprit was that the HD space for the NetBoot session was bein...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 and Deferred Enablement

I'm trying to solve the puzzle of "deferred enablement" in deploying an individual key configuration to 10.8 machines via self service. Seems that if a user does anything but immediately log out after the 10.8 encryption policy is run from self servi...  View more

• 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp/Sysprep

I am running Boot Camp 4 (update March 14, 2013) on iMac's Mid 2011. I am able to successfully Sysprep the image and capture it with Winclone 3.4 Pro. When I apply the syspreped image either using Imaging Suite or Winclone Pro, I get the following er...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network setting

I am needing to set the DNS Server for all Macs on my network.When I run the fallowing command network setup -listallnetworkservices I find that I have different network Interface names on my Macs. Is there a command that I can run to that would chos...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

RECON FAILED after updating to mountain lion

After updating to Mountain Lion (10.8.3, Mac Pro), RECON (8.6.4) will not run. This is the error message by terminal:*Downloading the JSS CA Certificate...2013-04-15 16:42:56.704 jamf[3128:707] Error loading /System/Library/Security/ldapdl.bundle/Con...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault users - Single Sign-On?

Any of you folks using FileVault know what mechanism controls the ability to make sure the account that unlocks a disk (at power-on auth) is automatically logged on? I'm seeing intermittent behavior in some cases, where it may or may not automaticall...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Set Entourage to use Random Signature?

Hi guys Does anyone know how to tell Entourage 2008 to use Random signature? I have 8 signatures i have put in the User Template folder and packaged up. At the moment my set up Applescript has a line set default signature choice of newExchangeAccount...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PaperCut + OS X + SSO = bliss

If you're running PaperCut in an AD environment, where print jobs are spooled to a Windows Server print queue (SMB), and your users complain about being prompted for their AD credentials, this may resolve the issue for you. We worked with PaperCut en...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe - Can't find home directory

We've run into a snag when testing CrashPlan PROe deployment via Casper using JAMF's instructional PDF. While running the policy at login, the custom files will be planted into /Library/Application Support/CrashPlan/ and the application will install....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot bloat

Hello all, I just made a netboot image from a new 'slim' iMac. The resulting .nbi folder is 19 GB. Needless to say, booting to this image is best described as 'glacial'. Anyone have any ideas to make this thing a bit slimmer? Thanks in advance,Bruce ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Deployment

Hi Folks, Quick straw pole: how are you doing your software deployments? We currently have a complex system of building and department groups that we use to control what software gets deployed to which computer. It's come up in conversation that we c...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dallas Area JAMF Nation User Group

We've scheduled the next meeting for the Dallas Area User Group. We are going to meet in the same building as last time, just a different loft, on Thursday May 9th from 6:30 pm until 8 pm. Those of us that were able to make it last time, we had a gre...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recon's Network Scanner Failing Because of Websense Proxy

Hi, We're having a few problems running inventory through Recon's Network Scanner (the error message is "Recon Failed" after installing the JAMF binary). So, it actually installs, but it can't send any information to the JSS.We (myself and JAMF's sup...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount network share script 10.8?

**When running the amended script at login on my testing machine, no share is being mounted.The logs in the JSS say it ran ok, but nothing.Machine is bound to AD using kerberos auth type for script. Below is my amended script. If anyone has any ideas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mount network share script 10.8?

**When running the amended script at login on my testing machine, no share is being mounted.The logs in the JSS say it ran ok, but nothing.Machine is bound to AD using kerberos auth type for script. Below is my amended script. If anyone has any ideas...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Centrify vs BeyondTrust vs Quest

Hi, Looking for input from people who have used/are using the above products in conjunction with Casper. Which one is best in your opinion? Specific examples? Thanks!  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to deploy a file to the local system?

When performing some things, such as the Adobe-blessed method of installing Flash, you have to get an installer application to the local machine. What is the best practice for doing this? My distribution point is over https, so I was thinking I could...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iCal and LDAP access?

I know this is not Casper related.But since 10.6, no way to use iCal to show the LDAP users to auto fill when inviting someone.It works with Mail.app, but no iCal.app Does anyone has a script or plugin to fix this?. And if so, can this be rolled out ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors