Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Training course recommendations

My company gives me the opportunity to attend a training course every year relevant to my job. Previous years I have taken CCA, Apple Snow Leopard 101, and prior to Mac relevance, Windows 7 support. This year I will have a larger role with packaging ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing Apple Home Sync

I am moving away from Apple Portable Home Directories in favor of CrashPlan and would like to stop HomeSyncing on computers that already have Mobile accounts. I am running tests on my own account and am a bit perplexed.No matter what I do my computer...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Regd: Update Inventory

Hi, I was seeing lot of rejecting req's during update inventory in the JAMF logs. What are all the scenarios, JAMF can reject the incoming request? Regards,Venkatesh G  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pre-populate mapped drives?

I have some sites that use specific network drives to their deptartment, is there a way to pre-populate those for them in the Server Favorites during the image or something either via append or overwrite?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion and Configuration Profiles

I have two Mountain Lion macs, both setup with the same image etc...Inventory reports one as MDM Capbable but not the other, there for not getting any configuration profiles pushed out to it. Anyone have any ideas?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Novell eDirectory?

Hey everyone,Anyone here using Novell eDirectory? If so, what are your thoughts/complaints on the service? Thanks.Pete  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange Report Problem

I am pulling a report of unassigned student computers. My criteria is the Real Name is blank and the Room is also blank for a MacBook Air Mid 2011 and the computer is not marked as destroyed. Problem is i get 50 computers back but i went and check my...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to scope java updates

I'd like to create a smart group that says if the user has java but isn't currently on the latest version 1.70_21-b12, to update. Clearly the way I'm doing it below isn't working :) http://cl.ly/image/303W0A3h0w0I Thanks in advance!  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

stop Safari from disabling out of date Flash

Hello Nation,I'm extremely frustrated with the new out date flash detection in Safari. We have a proxy to defend our clients from flash based attacks. I don't need father Apple telling me which plugins are acceptable and which ones are not. Does anyo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

RUNNING JSS on WINDOWS SERVERS

I was talking with a friend yesterday who said that Running JSS on windows servers is alot more beneficial than running it on MAC OSX server. has this been addressed here in the forum? what are the Pro's & Cons? a link of previous discussions would b...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe DPS Tools

I recently discovered that Adobe's DPS Toolkit is not updatable or "package-able" through AAMEE. It looks like its not possible. Here is the link from Adobe - http://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/deployment-dps-toolkit-update-aamee.html The steps given...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dell KACE1000

Hi, I am currently doing so dev work for a client of mine who has Casper for Mac and KACE for PC's. They would like to leverage the software update function from KACE to do the mac software updates. Having explained that their 10.8 Casper server can ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin prompt to eject media?

I'v been starting to see an admin password prompt to eject external media like flash drives and DVDs on my 10.8 systems. Its not for all media, just certain ones.Anybody see this before and have a way to stop it?If you cancel the prompt a few times y...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 Best Practices

Hey everyone, I'm working with FV2 and wanted to hear what you are doing in your environments. I've read through the white papers, other JN posts, and have watch Rich's presentation at JNUC 2012. I know there is not a cookie cutter solution for every...  View more

• 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Software Updates - Info?

Hi,Is there any way to notify the users of self service when running software updates that there actually were updates, if a reboot is required, stuff like that. Actually, I'd be happy just getting some kind of feedback like what updates were install...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thunderbolt Imaging Connectivity Issue

I'm in the testing phase with Casper Imaging (8.64) from a Thunderbolt iMac running 10.8.3 connected in Target Disk Mode to Macbook Airs. The first Air mounts and images without a hitch, but subsequent Airs are not mounting. The iMac shows that the T...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Apple Mail setup in 10.8

I'm looking for a way to automate the setup of Apple Mail in 10.8. We use Google Apps for mail. I have an applescript that works great, if there's already an account created in Apple Mail. If there is no account already created the applescript fails ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PerUser Licensing question

Hello JAMF Gurus,I need to package a few apps that require a license, the problem is that when creating the dmgs on composer, if I add the license key during the capture, it loads the license file within the logged user folder. What are you guys doin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 6.0.4 and Powerschool(Gradebook)

Hey all,So looks like the new Safari 6.0.4 changes the behavior of how our teachers interact with the Gradebook portion of PowerSchool. What used to happen is a teacher would login to powerschool then click on the grade book tab and Safari would down...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS install on windows fails with JDK 1.7

I am setting up a new JSS on Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit and have hit a snag. I have the JDK/JRE version 1.7 installed, but the JSS installer fails telling me "The JSS requires Java 1.6 or later to be installed to function properly. Please verify t...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failed Policies Notifications

Folks, Does anyone know of a way to disable email notification on a specific policy? My problem is that I have a policy that runs an applescript to mount a user's home at login, but when I am imaging computers (especially a lab full) I get spammed wi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Updates

Java for OS X 2013-003http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572 Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 15http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1573 Java 7 Update 21http://www.java.com/en/download/apple.jsp Also, Flash Player 11.7.700.169http://helpx.adobe.com/en/flash-playe...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bulk import of custom attributes

Hello people, while we wait for the "free beer" feature requested, i would like to ask you a challenging trivia that is momentarely tribulating us. At the moment we are running an environment where configuration profiles, policies etc are deployed sc...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors