Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Cannot Add App Store App in 8.63

Hi all, I am having difficulties adding an App Store App in 8.63. When I go to (Management -> Mobile Device App Catalog -> Add App -> App store App) when I do a search for the App I get no results. I have looked for Pages, Keynote, etc. and nothing p...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrate Casper & Munki?

How well do Casper and Munki get along? I setup a demo box to do software updates only, but I'm not fully sure how to integrate with Casper? I thought I read somewhere you could do a force install after a grace period with updates with v 8.4.x, but I...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.3 AD Mobile Accounts Not Being Created

Since upgrading to 10.8.3, it seems that the settings related to creating mobile accounts in the Apple AD plug-in (shown in Directory Utility) aren't being respected after a restart. I've been able to determine that the managed preferences that the p...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles-Passcode Policy

Hello JAMF Nation,I am having trouble with the Passcode Policy in Configuration Profiles in my JSS. I am testing this functionality in a Dev environment prior to implementing on my Production instance. I have configured a passcode payload to require ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bus error: 10

I've a few computers that have not been running policies properly. Initial symptom is that the inventory collection fails and then the policy doesn't run. I did some investigation and found this. Apologies for the length of this. I've actually shorte...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Store

Hello there,I have configured school Ipads and allow students installing apps; however some students came back saying that they can’t download any apps they can access app store but can’t download free apps.Any idea!!  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

network accounts are unavailable

hello, i'm running 10.8.3 and my active directory binding has been working fine; a few days ago, i noticed that my active directory groups are not showing when i run, "id" from the command line. i also noticed that i am getting this message, "network...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

updated application service

Hey all,I am starting my own team to support our Casper environment, currently I find out what programs need to be updated manually. but i might miss something every now and then. does anyone know of a service (I'm willing to pay) that emails when a ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

apiFrontPage.rest

It appears that the hyperlinks used as examples, are now all pointed to https://127.0.0.1:8443.Example: https://127.0.0.1:8443/JSSResource/buildings This of course doesn't work when clicked on, unless you are sitting on the server. This use to only b...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Netboot Automator Action for 10.8 NBIs?

I am not able to get this to work for 10.8 NBIs.....is there a new version of this being release for ML or is there a way to get it to work with a ML so that it will automatically run Casper Imaging when netbooting? Thanks in advance  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac Mini Video Connection Woes

Just bought two new Mac Mini servers to replace aging XServe hardware. A couple of observations. Connecting to Data Center power:The Minis have two-prong power cords–no ground. All UPS devices in our data center are 240v. I hate to have a computer wi...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Profiles Disappearing

I'm using casper to push out mobile device profiles to configure wifi and email settings. The profiles are randomly disappearing off of some of my ipads. I can't figure out why. I do know that, when I look at the ipad in inventory, under management h...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Monitor users RAM usage?

Perhaps this is an odd question, perhaps not. Is anyone using anything to monitor their users RAM utilization? I'd like to be able to simply track the users who are constantly hitting the limit of their RAM. Thoughts? One could use TOP of course, but...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 server not serving updates to 10.8

OK, this seems counter intuitive, but............I've updated my Lion SUSs to Mountain Lion in preparation for our Mountain Lion rollout.The Mountain Lion SUSs server updates to Snow Leopard and Lion clients just fine. However, they don't seem to ser...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad IP Address not updating

Hi All, is the iPad's IP Address supposed to update each time the system does an inventory update? It seems that our system is only logging the IP Address from which the device was enrolled - the current IP address hasn't updated for many of our devi...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Usage to CSV - anyone using this script?

Hi all - I'm trying to find a way for some of our management team to pull useful app usage reports from the JSS. (In the past, I've done this manually & spent way too many hours massaging the data into an Excel report.) I just installed the appUsageT...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing macs with Casper Managed Profiles

I am working on my computer management and security compliance for 10.7 and newer macs. I have setup to configure setting on my macs. I have found Managed Profiles t one a bit limiting. I am looking to be able to manage things like screen saver, find...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

"Could not connect to the JSS. Status - 401"

So i'm using a slightly modified version of Rich Trouton's auto populate location info in JSS script. (see http://derflounder.wordpress.com/2011/12/05/auto-populating-the-location-info-in-the-casper-jss-inventory/ ) What's making me increasingly worr...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

addComputer.html and addComputer.jsp

I'm looking into making a slightly modified addComputer.jsp page. "addComputer2.jsp" maybe :PAnyone else have any experience in this? When we get inventory we normally scan in an Assert Tag barcode, Mac Address, serial number and give it a name.As yo...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Imaging 8.64 launch issue?

hey all, having a strange situation with Casper Imaging. I've got a clean install 10.8.3, absolutely nothing on it or configured beyond remote management and SSH. I mounted the 8.64 .dmg from a network share, copied the casper suite utilities to the ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlanPROe deployment automation

I've followed the whitepage on the JAMF site for setting up CrashPlan, works great. Except I was wondering if anyone has figured out a way to get machines to auto-register and begin that initial backup without the user being forced to login to CrashP...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point in Inventory?

I must be missing something... is there no way of knowing/collecting inventory on what distribution point clients are reporting to? I see the option to set the DP on either default or per-policy levels, but no option of actually reporting on it later...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors