Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

iOS Apps Disappearing

We've seen some weird things with some of our iPads removing applications for no apparent reason. The app is scoped to "all devices" but limited to a user group (from AD). The app will get removed, but then it will show up as "pending" install for th...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Out Image File?

Ok, totally new to Casper so please try not to judge. Is it possible to push out an image across my network? I can't seem to find a way to do it?  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

newbie question for composer

Hi i'm pretty new in Composer (i only use composer). I try to create pkg with finder setup. I creat the pkg with no problem but the name of my account is captured. If i deploy with ard, my account appear to the remote computer. Ho i can set the pkg t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software update log out script

https://github.com/darklordbrock/scripts/blob/master/UW-Milwaukee/mySWUcheck.sh I want to share this workflow I have setup. I have a smart group that will add machines that need a software update. The smart group gets a policy that runs this script a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Energy Saver config profile crash issue

Not sure if anyone else has been caught out by this issue but it sounds like it has been addressed in the 8.64 update: "[D-003235] Fixed an issue that caused the JSS to prevent users from logging in to computers when configuration profiles with an En...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Empty Distribution Point

Did anybody ever had a problem with a distribution point that suddenly missed every data? Today our distribution point suddenly missed everything except the standard folders that are created automatically by the JSS. Inside the standard folders every...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Templets not working

After I created my user templet and have all setting in the user/templets folder I want to us for every surer. I then logged in as a test user and the user/templet setting do not show up as well as the user folder was blank. What is the trick to get ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep SelfService on the Dock?

Hello, I'm looking for the best way to keep the SelfService Dock item on the Dock; I currently have a policy (once per computer) that will put the icon on the Dock, but it's not the best solution- there could be multiple users, and a once per user po...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying printer driver using CASPER Composer

Hi I need help in the best solution to capture a printer driver through its installation, and the best way to deploy it to our network? We are needing this to be used on our Mac's. What is the best method to do this? Thanks  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfhelper returning "" instead of value.

This happened on a 10.7.5 client running binary v8.6.1. The jamfhelper dialog box came up (utility window) but the response came back as "" rather than a number. Has anyone else had a similar problem with jamfhelper displaying a window and not return...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault & Fusion Drive

For those of you using Casper FileVault configs who also encounter Fusion Drives, are you running into problems? With 10.8.2, encryption would fail (the Institutional key would be set, but the drive would not start encrypting). With 10.8.3, the key i...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.3 and McAfee ePO

Anyone else having issues with 10.8.3 and McAfee? Our 10.8.3 clients now only receive the McAfee cma agent binary but fail to install the Security Suite. We don't have gatekeeper active so I don't think it's a certificate issue.  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Print Logging

Hello, We have many teachers and students printing we want to log their usage is this something I can manage with Casper? I want to know who is the top user and who prints the most to the 4200 and not the savins printers.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to set multiple NTP servers in 10.7.x and 10.8.x?

Hello, I've come across a couple of ways to set a single (ex. time.apple.com) NTP server, however I need to set two servers- one for the internal network (a Domain Controller) and a secondary for when users are off of the network (time.apple.com). I'...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable SMB mounting from the client side

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to disable the ability to mount an SMB network volume from the client side. The situation:I have large groups of users running 10.7.5 who should be mounting to our servers (Windows 2008 R2 with Extreme-Z I...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fusion Drive iMac Recovery HD

Hi, We have made and successful deployed Recovery HD on other machines, but when we try and do the same thing on a 27" iMac with a Fusion Drive we get the Apple logo and after a while the no entry sign. If I install the Recovery HD from a "standard" ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Temp

I am working on creating a user setting and adding them to User Templets. I am working with 10.8.2 when I add the finder.plist that has disable fast user switching and then test login in I find fast user switching to not disabled. How can I make sure...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Don't Force iOS Encrypted Backup

Hello, Is there a way to not force the local iOS backup to be encrypted? We only have two policies deployed: one for WiFi, and the other with a web clip. However, every time people try to do the local backup, iTunes states that the iPad requires the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

FYI: Office 2011 SP3 scripted installer

Just as an FYI for anybody that followed: http://www.officeformachelp.com/office/administration/deployment/casper/ If you swap in the 14.3 installer for the main office package, your choices.xml file will change. RDP & Messenger are removed..  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Junos Pulse 3.0 installation on Mac

Has anyone deployed the Junos Pulse Installer through JAMF? It's a simple installer package, but we can't get it to work without requiring the user to reboot? We have to do a load of a LaunchAgent in the users context. The funny thing is, the script ...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service wonky permissions

This is a new installation for me, I am relatively new to the product. I built a bunch of self-service packages, and tested a few deployments with no issues, this has been working fine for about a week. Today it seems out of nowhere the apps installe...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inventory & Smart Group Number Differences

Anybody else ever see that their inventory searches and their smart group numbers are different sometimes? Did a screen shot of the inventory, setup smart group exactly the same and got the wrong # of computers in the smart group, but the right numbe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Server Upgrade

Hey Guys, I want to get ready for the upcoming Beta release on Casper Suite and one of the requirements is to have the server on 10.7 or later. Our current environment is on 10.6 (both Test and Prod), I went ahead and upgraded test to 10.8 but I'm su...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors