Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

MySQL Replication

Hi there, I wanted to reach out and see what others were doing if anything for MySQL replication? I'm weighing the pros and cons of having a MySQL replica with all of our JSS instances' databases ready to go in the event of a server failure vs just s...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Revert Software Update Back to Apple

We have made a decision to no longer manage software updates and just have our clients go directly to Apple. What is the best way to revert the existing managed preference (which currently points to our Casper server) back to Apple? Thanks in advance...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMFHelper.. What am I missing?

I have tested/tested and tested some more. Here's all I'm trying to do; --Use JAMFHelper to put a message on the screen telling the users some magical/awesome stuff is happening (I've tried both with and without the -startlaunchd option) --Have my sh...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't deploy CS6 Master Collection via Casper Remote

Recently, and I'm not sure what has changed, I am unable to deploy CS6 Master Collection, which I packaged in AAMEE, via Casper Remote. I am able to successfully deploy CS6 Design and Web Premium. I downloaded a new .dmg of Master Collection from Ado...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error: Package not successfully downloaded: 33

Hi guys Getting this error when trying to install a certain package from the self service application. This is the part of the log where the error occurs; /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.63 Executing Policy Install PolicyName... [STEP 1 of 4] Downloading...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Urgent Help! AppleScript within a policy?

I'm trying to add an AppleScript to a Casper Policy to allow users to save their Office files before the apps quit for the 14.3.2 update - display dialog "All Applications will now quit for Microsoft Office Update"set apps to {"Microsoft Excel", "Mic...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil Script Login Policy

I'm new to Casper and new to scripting. I'm looking to apply a few dock items using dockutil at login once per user per machine. I am able to get the following script to run successfully via policy with a manual trigger... #!/bin/sh#### Script to add...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

802.1x settings and cert

We are testing 802.1x for our summer rollout. I've seen a few posts here from users installing their cert/settings via profiles command @ image time. Is there a benefit to doing it this way over pushing the cert/settings with config profiles with JAM...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Push Notification Blues

I'm utterly stumped on this one. Push notifications work on enrolled devices INSIDE our firewall but not outside. So i'm in the middle of a replan and reimplement our JSS architecture. I've got a master JSS sitting inside the firewall. I've another r...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Corrupt Configuration Profile?

One of our configuration profiles is now not editable. If you open it up to edit it nothing is visible, and if scope is selected we get this lovely error: Internal Server ErrorAn error occured while processing HTTPRequestAction 'EditOSXConfigurationP...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing iOS configuration profile added through JSS

I need to delete a configuration profile in iOS 6 that I made in the JSS to set a global proxy because it is making Self Service not work. I deleted it from the JSS but it did not delete from the iPads. When I go into the iPad to delete it manually, ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to Erase Mac HD during Imaging

Hello everyone! I have been having a bit of a challenge in the last few days with one of my Pre-Stage setups. It will hang at 'Performing Block Copy' and will force quit Imaging - it looks like this is happening when Casper Imaging is trying to erase...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosting own DNS on static environment

I am setting here in a Casper Training and I have a situation that I need some help. I was wondering if there is a policy set or a script to set a DNS on a static based environment. I work at a school that hosts it's own DNS and has no DHCP set up. A...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Import Real Name into JSS for iPad

Hello,We have 200+ iPads in Casper and would like to import a list to add the real name of the user to the real name field. I have been looking at different posts and found ways to do this with a computer. Is there something I am over looking? Kris  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute - Cisco WebEx - User/Library

Hello - I am attempting to create an extension attribute for the Cisco WebEx plugin. The Info.plist file is located @ ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WebEx64.plugin/Contents/info.plist I am using the following script, but it seems to be referencing the s...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Specifitying Netoboot boot-file mac osx 10.8

Hi guys On 10.6.8 i specified the booter file as tftp://X.X.X.X/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/NetBoot_10.6.8.nbi/i386/mach.macosx Unfortunately on 10.8 there isn't a mach.macosx file Does anyone know what i need to put for the booter file? Thanks  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java process freezing server

There is a java process that I am seeing in activity monitor on the server that needs to be restarted often in order for our Casper server to operate properly. Sometimes it may be a few times a week or a month that I need to restart this service. Is ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hardware Raid and Pre-Stage

I am being tasked to build a disaster recovery workflow. What is the best way to set up a hardware raid on Mac Pro based OSX server using prestage? I want to be able to take a mac pro server with an Apple Hardware raid card installed out of the box, ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wiping partitions prior to imaging

I was having issues with 10.8 Netboot shadow files jumping up to 1-2 gigs each - so a user in the this post helped me to use local RAM for shadow files which helped server space issue that I was having. https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion....  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe Deployment Issue

I am trying to deploy CrashPlan PROe using the JSS, following the procedure in the "Administering CrashPlan PROe with the Casper Suite" document. I have run into an issue and need guidance. After I build and deploy the CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors