Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Trouble Communicating with APNS 2195

Having a strange issue here. MDM enrolment worked no problem and APNS could be sent to devices (lock,wipe, etc). however when trying to add an app to the app catalogue i can not browse the app store at all. from the JSS server (Mac Mini 10.8.2) i can...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad Profile Installation stalls

Hi All, we have currently enrolled some 770 iPads into our Casper suite. About 700 of these happen smoothly, the other 70odd are incredibly painful. We are installing via a URL, and our students are able to login and install the first two certificate...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Devices lose proxy settings

Hi All, This is our 3rd year running iPads. We have been using a proxy.pac file for quite a while and have found ios6 to be very good at using these. This year we are pushing our WiFi certificate and proxy settings via a casper profile and this is al...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Syslog

Anyone here using a Syslog server? Thoughts? Complaints? (i've been tasked with investigating the implementation of one. we're looking at Splunk right now as a org wide solution).  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual boot Fusion Partitioning script

Hey Guys, Had to roll out several labs of dual boot fusions and wanted some way to automate the partitioning, Some people dont like my script i wrote as it (Deletes the og Apple Fusion) however it works for me untill i find a better way, Thought i mi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable First run Firefox Page after update

Hey Guys Wrote this to fix a problem for us where we have rolled out Firefox, Want to update it, Dont want to annoy students by having that first run screen after reboot. All i do is just roll out the new .App as a dmg and run this after kind of like...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA to display LDAP "Computer ID"?

We need to find computers that may have been (improperly) renamed after they were joined to the domain. Example... ComputerName host123 is joined to domain. John Doe decides he likes woohoo123 instead, so he renames the computer Domain administrators...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically renewing SCEP certificates.

This is a hidden feature that was worked in last summer but currently if you do not include CN=$PROFILE_IDENTIFIER in the subject name for the certificate your certificate will expire and never renew. When you add CN=$PROFILE_IDENTIFIER to the subjec...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 0 Day exploit again :)

Apple has 2013-002 and java u17 is out :)http://9to5mac.com/2013/03/04/fool-me-twice-apple-releases-java-update-for-the-latest-zero-day/ Sorry, saw someone else posted it. Nevermind :)  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java for OS X 2013-001

Has anyone got a copy of Java for OS X 2013-001 installer?Please pass me the link if anyone has the original Apple installer (JavaForOSX2013-001.dmg) as the Apple Support site replaced it with the latest version. Thank you.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

LocateMe and EAs

I've just spent more time than I'd like to admit, evaluating 3 options in physical location via command line.In the end LocateMe won for it's quick formatting., but ultimately theres nothing to special about them If you want to look at the chooses th...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

deploy shortcut to multiple Macbooks desktops

I have a shortcut that points to a network drive that I need to deploy to several Macbooks desktop. I attempted to deploy the shortcut using composer then using self service so students can move the shortcut to their desktops but It didn't work, seem...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.2 clean up script before creating image

Does anyone have a script that they run on a computer before you create an image that will be used on X amount of Mac? I am looking for a script that deletes Save Application State/Logs/tmp/keychains/recent files/downloads/etc...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

First Run not giving enough time to bind.

I recently added the Java 7 package to install Java 7 during first run rather than during imaging. Ever since I have done that the settings I have specified in my AD binding have not been applying successfully. The log shows the following: Mon Mar 4 ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sign QuickAdd package

I have a OS Developer account, but can't seem to sign the packages. Well, let me say that the P12 file I gave it seemed to take ok, but when I download the package it says that it's damaged and wants to trash it. So I'm not doing something right. Doe...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Modify E-Mail Subjects

Anyone know of a way to modify what the e-mail alert subjects are? I am looking to drop the machine name out of the e-mails about policy errors, so the e-mails will all fall under one conversation, rather than a separate conversation for each machine...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion Bug -- System Cache Clearing

For the benefit of the JAMF community, I am sharing a recent troubleshooting experience. I was unable to get Flip4Mac to load in any web browser after imaging a Mac using Casper Imaging. The following error message appeared in the logs as it attempte...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MDM Update necessary?

Hi all, We're in the middle of our big JSS rearchitecture project. It's become apparent from Apple's doc's that I might have to upgrade the MDM certs on each of our currently registered clients to the new address we have for our JSS server. (We're at...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single Sign-On w/ iOS Safari

Hello All, I am an Administrator at a school who uses an Active Directory Domain and Sophos based Web-Filtering. We have about 1,400 iPad's and have the ability to use OS X and MS Windows SSO to auto-magicly give the right user the right access to th...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors