Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

MacTech announcement [OT]

RT @mactech @MacTech and @Microsoft teaming up to offer @OfficeforMac Accredited Support Professional credential at BootCamp.... http://t.co/42ZHhs0Lle  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Initiated Enrolment process for standard users?

JAMF Guru's, Our organisation is trying enrol all pre 2012 Apple hardware using the self enrol process. The problem is a lot of the users don't have admin rights which is required to install the quickadd.pkg. New apple hardware isn't an issue as out ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan PROe training class

Just curious because a lot of people on here seem to use Crashplan, have any of you gone through the 3-day training class in Minneapolis? It looked interesting because I installed PROe for almost all my clients about 6 months ago and would like to le...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing the JSS address

Hi, So the big start of our massive JSS infrastructure upgrade is starting this week. One small detail to sort out and that's how to change the address that our clients are looking for the JSS. We're going to have our new address and our existing add...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI Self Service doesn't end

I configured the policy using the process for Pro XI here.I've only tested on one machine. it's a 10.6.8 MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010).I ran the Self Service and the progress bar finished and then went to barbershop stripes. Grey barbershop stripes in m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Auto updates Acrobat XI

I am trying to figure out how to disable auto updates in Acrobat Pro XI. I used the Adobe Customization Wizard to streamline the serial number as well as suppress the EULA and registration prompts. The Customization wizard does not have an option for...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Auto Setup Mail 10.8.X for Exchange with current user

I'm looking for some setup examples to automate the process of configuring Mail at login to use Exchange with the current logged in AD account, OSX 10.8.x. I see some managed preferences in the JSS but they appear to be a little dated. Is anyone doin...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD kickstart script to contribute

Don't know if this script is suitable for anyone other than us, but since I spent the morning writing it, I figured I'd share. Feel free to modify and offer suggestions to it. Basically what it does is set up the correct groups on the local machine t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot not working

I have a Mac mini running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. I reboot this machine holding down the "N" key. It starts and I see the Globe icon. Then, after a minute or two it just boots up regular and I see my standard log in screen asking me to enter my Adminis...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Admin 8.62 Question

I've copied a .dmg file into the Casper Admin tool. It shows up in red font while everything else is black font. Why? Also, it is the one and only .dmg file we can't pull down via Netboot too. So I don't think its installed right. It was indexed so t...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inconsistent package installation results

We're seeing a lot of inconsistent results with Casper recently. Example 1: We have a full Office 2011 14.3.0 installer package from Microsoft. I dropped it into Casper and made a simple self-service policy to cache and install it. Running the policy...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get list of policies for a given Mac

Hi all, I would like to be able to get a list of policies and their triggers for a given machine. I've been poking around in the JSS API, but can't find a method of doing it. The end goal is to have policies run at the login screen programmatically. ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login policies not executing

I'm trying to setup a simple login policy that checks to make sure the management account password is set correctly and the Self Service app is in the dock. So far this isn't working, I found out that if I tail /var/log/jamf.log I see the following: ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper full screen from Self Service

I recently began testing a script that calls jamfHelper in full screen mode, this time as a Self Service policy. The script behaves normally except when executed from Self Service. The full screen window will not disappear, but I can manually dismiss...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Software Update Server - default back to Apple?

Hey all: First time setting up a software update server. Server seems good. If I manually set a machine to use that server, it works fine. But I set a network segment to use the update server in the JSS web interface and this didn't seem to catch. Ma...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Printers to Use Print Server Queue

I am trying to clarify how we can deploy our printers from our Windows Print Server using Casper Suite. We want to make sure that we can continue to use our print server queue and NOT have local direct connections, but we do need to add the correct d...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Destroy managed mobile user accounts

Currently I run the following script to destroy the managed mobile user accounts left behind on machines (such as in my LMC computer labs). It appears to work, but the script (when run via Remote) claims to fail. I have listed the log below the actua...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

jamfHelper dialog disappears by itself

This is driving me mad(er)… I have a jamfHelper script running at the end of a policy, to display a stupid dialog box to the user, "stuff was installed". When this runs as part of a policy it flashes on screen and then immediately dismisses itself. I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Don't Auto-Join WiFi Network?

Hello, We have two WiFi networks in our schools: our main WPA network, and an open Guest network. We pushed out a policy with the WPA key to our MacBooks and that seems to get onto the system. However, some computers seem to randomly connect to the o...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors