Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2 is Now Available!!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta 2. We've added support for Apple's Declarative Device Management along with a few refinements and fixes. Jamf Pro 10.42.0 Beta features many fixes and some exciting new enhancements including ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 3 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41 Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation, Today we are releasing Jamf Pro 10.41. To learn more about this release and the product issues it addresses, review the release notes here. Cloud Upgrade Schedule Your Jamf Pro server, including any free sandbox environments, will ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

self serve 8.1

I added a new policy to self service on my 8.1 server, now when I start self service the application is blank, anybody have an idea on how to fix that? --Todd NessTechnology Consultant/Non-Windows ServicesAmericas Regional Delivery EngineeringHP Ente...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Setup Utility vs ????

So we've gone ahead and upgraded from Casper 8.0 to 8.22. So far, sogood. A lot of the database scans and purging of old entries is farfaster. But... I'm curious why the JSS Setup Utility application was dropped from theCasper Suite. Of course, I can...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broken AD + Lion

So 10.7.1 fixes the issues (you have to fix your search policies manually though!) Here is the caveat… the dots don't show up! I had a yellow dot and then fixed the search policies, restarted, no dot, network logged in for the first time… SUCCESS!!!!...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office Communicator

Hi- Has anyone else packaged Microsoft Office Communicator 2011? I'm doing it and have found that the server name setting is stored, stupidly, in a ByHost pref file. Simple question I guess if the "fix By Host files" option in my policy should make i...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

losing admin rights when not on internal network

Does anyone know why our users lose admin right when they're not on our internal network? We're using cached AD accounts. The AD plugin specifies which AD groups have administrative rights. Shouldn't it cache the admin rights? Jamie BellApple Technol...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recommendations on Child Care

I will be relocating to Casper in the coming month, anyone have recommendations on outstanding child care facility available in the area? Please respond to: anna_m_miller at hotmail.com Thank you!  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force [x] Erase Hard Drive checkbox

We have some techs who want to "image in the field", which is a good thing. However, our concern is they may try to be slick/lazy by unchecking the "[x] Erase Hard Drive" checkbox in Casper Imaging. Is there a way to FORCE this box to be checked when...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

ComputerName change script.

I set the computer name in several places and our naming convention includesthe owner's name etc. This poses a problem for things like marriages etc. Iwhipped this up this afternoon because a bunch of machines were incorrectlynamed. Thought someone m...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network check for policies

I know I can allow/disallow installation based off of ethernet connectivity, building, department and many other things, but other than ethernet, most of those things are static. Is there a way to include a required network segment in a policy so mac...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing how policy names display in Self Service 8.22

Updated to JSS 8.22 and it solved some serious problems we were havingwith 8.1 (Yay!). And the new Self Service.app is awesome except thatit has completely changed how policies are displayed to the end-user. We have about 60 printers across all three...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Show Icon Preview policy

Hi All,I wonder if you can help us with something, or know a way to do the following.... we need a way to disable the "Show Icon Preview" option, for the finder, completely, in all views (list, column, cover flow and icon).We've been looking at the k...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Variables in Scripts

Hello, Does anyone know if there is a way in the jamf cli to run a script where instead of hard coding the username and password, the person running the script gets prompted to enter these credentials? I know that there are the variables that can be ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

iLife Problem

Not sure if this is a Casper problem but, I reimaged 1000 mac with 10.5.8 and ilife 09 now when you open iPhoto and try to import a photo you get unrecognized format for any format. Also iMovie and iDVD both crash. Thanks for any help,Brian WeeksGroe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

domain name

The server that my casper database is on is going to be wiped and reinstalled. I plan on changing the hostname of the server to another name. Other than backing up my database, what else should I do?? Thanks,Eric GrahamSenior Systems AdministratorBFA...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

good for a few laughs

got this from one of my Account Reps today, some of these are pretty funny… At least the directory integration one made me chuckle. With OS X Lion, there’s never been a better time for businesses to buy the Mac ®.Every new Mac comes with OS X Lion, t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

push out a script that has instruction blob

I have a script (?) that apparently has an 'instruction blob' with it.How can I deploy this through casper? Pushing it errors out as needinga -install so I placed -install as a parameter and it doesn't seem tocare.... John Wojda Lead System Engineer,...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attributes for FileVault 2

Hello All, One of our departments was granted permission to use FileVault 2 for their whole disk encryption. While would not like to see them do that there is little I can do. That being said I put together some extension attributes for reporting inf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

software version n/a in JSS

Fellow JAMFers, I have an application (ActivInspire, the application that goes with ourinteractive whiteboards) that does not display version info in the JSS. An application search for "Inspire.app" returns n/a in the JSS (seeattached screenshot). I ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper NetBoot Automator Action

Dear all,I am trying to deploy Lion via Casper.So far I did: 1- via composer created a OS image from a brand new 10.7 macbook pro.2- Used Casper Netboot Automatior Action in conjuction with System Image Utility 10.7 to create a workflow for a Netboot...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

[OT] Job posting at MIT

Nice looking gig in case any of you know any qualified techs in the Boston area..http://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=631&ji=2570202&sn=I Nick Caro Senior Desktop Support Administrator Phone +1 212-239-5741 Fax 212-946-4010 nick.caro at rga.com R/G...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Change package install order...

I am having a hard time figuring out how to change the install order of some packages in a policy. Essentially I am installing Office 2011. It has the main install package and 3 updates. My problem is that the packages seem to want to list themselves...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Compiling and Self Service quirks in 8.21?

I'm seeing a couple of quirks in our environment, and wanted to see if anyone else is seeing them or has found fixes already. After upgrading our JSS Server to 10.6.8 and 8.21, I'm having an issue compiling our 10.6.8 loads. I'm compiling from a 10.6...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Turn Off Admin Rights On Accounts

I'm sure this has been covered… However, is there a way to uncheck the "Allow user to administer this computer" option on a user account via terminal or script? We have recently deployed Casper and have found a lot of our users have / had local admin...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

LDAP issues in OS X Lion

We noticed we could not authenticate to a Snow Leopard server and sawthis posted in our Novell forums...ANyone else seeing issues like this: Mac OS X Lion fails to check passwords when authenticating via LDAP A bug in the module for authenticating (O...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point migration query (Xserve > NAS)

We are testing migration of our Distribution Points that were previously hosted on Apple Xserves. The new Distribution Point shares are on NAS, which can only provide SMB sharing (no HTTP and no AFP). Are there any gotchas in moving away from HTTP/AF...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

HTTP Distribution Point Errors?

Error: The script could not be found on the server. Thats the error I am getting. I never had HTTP enabled always just AFP/SMB. Once I enable this nothing works. I noticed permissions on the CasperShare were No Read for Everyone so I changed it to re...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors