Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Config Profiles - Energy Saver

Anyone tried setting a startup/shutdown schedule in an energy saver payload pushed to a 10.8.2 machine? Every time the profile is installed in a fresh 10.8.2 install on a couple Late 2012 Mac Minis (machine specific build, of course) I can no longer ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.2 NBI on 10.7 Server Problem

So we just recently just got Apple's newest 13" Retina MBP so I went to create an NBI from it using it's system image utility and Casper Automator Action. Everything seemed to compile fine but after importing into Server Admin on the 10.7 server box ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

[Off Topic] Firefox errors

Recently i've been seeing users getting an error on FireFox - Alert: Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. please check that this directory has...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having Problems Creating a licensed Sublime Text package

I'm trying to create a deployable package for Sublime Text that is licensed so I can just push it out to all of out Macs. I'm using Composer to do this and am taking the Snapshot then installing the Application and licensing it before taking the fina...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF unenroll -verbose?

I need to unenroll about 200 computers. Other than clicking on the "unenroll" icon on each one individually from invnetory, there must be a simple command I just can not locate. I want everything else to stay as it is, just unenroll.Lou BoncekLiverpo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

OSX Backdoor.Pintsized.A threat found

One of our info-sec guys sent this on to me this morning... i think it's overshadowed by the Java exploit that's being hyped up... http://www.intego.com/mac-security-blog/pint-sized-backdoor-for-os-x-discovered/  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Install asking for keychain access

Does anyone know why JAMF is requesting keychain access during a Java install that I just ran from Self Service? I haven't seen this before with other packages and want to make sure I have everything set correctly in the policy. Thanks  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Config Profiles Deploy but don't always apply

I have a school with 1000+ laptops managed by Casper. We are finding that on machines running 10.8 we are seeing that config profiles are being deployed to the client laptops, but the effects of the restrictions are not always visible in the client. ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JumpStart - Is it worth it?

I've been playing with an evaluation copy of Casper Suite 8.6 for a couple months and feel as though I have a pretty good understanding of the different components of the suite and how to use them. Questions:Was JumpStart valuable to you? How so?If y...  View more

• 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help with NetSUS appliance

Hi - I installed the NetSUS appliance onto a VMWare cluster. It seems to work ok, can login via the shell account and the webadmin accounts on the web application. But whenever we try to do a Sync nothing happens. The appliance has a firewall between...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer: Office 2011 14.3.1 Updates

Guys,I head read multiple discussion relating to the packaging of Microsoft Updates but I am still having an issue with 14.3.1. My entire environment is currently running 14.2.3 (package is part of a configuration installed at imaging). I've ensured ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles not deploying to computers

I have a management configuration payload setup for software updates to specify the URL for our SUS server. This profile will not deploy to any of my scoped computers. I temporarily opened the firewall just to eliminate that variable. Anyone have ide...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Un-istalling CS 6

Hello All Is anyone uninstalling cs6 with Casper? When I created the install pkg with AAMEE it also created an uninstaller as well but it does not seem to work. In the past Jamf supplied an unistall script for cs3,4, and 5. Is there one for CS6?  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printer Kung Fu

Hi guys. This is my first post on here. I wanted to see if there is a good solution for what I'm trying to do. My company has 14 different buildings, each with their owner printers. Is there an elegant way to clear out a staff members printing system...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Thoughts on Managing Symantec

Hey Nation! I am preparing to roll out Symantec Endpoint Protection to all 2600 of my Macs and I'm a little timid about it. I don't have much of a choice, but I was hoping that all of you could share with me your best practices and potential pitfalls...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

keeping Office 2011 up to date

Hello nation, Just wondering what everyone is doing to keep Office 2011 updated for new and existing deploys. Are you updating your installation packages for new installs via post-flights, etc., or do you have a separate smart group that runs the upd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS MySQL table model identifier question.

Recently we've begun the process of integrating our JSS inventory into our internal inventory. While I can find the model identifier as related to a units serial number, I've yet to find where the more human readable "Model" exists in the tables (dir...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 SUS is not working - Jamf cannot solve this.

In a last ditch effort to figure out why our internal SUS is not working I am turning to Jamf Nation. I have spent hours in webex sessions with Jamf tech support trying to figure this out. Are there any Mountain Lion Server users out there with SUS w...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

FEU for application updates

I am new to Casper and I am having trouble understanding how to update existing applications without overwriting the existing settings, which would be catastrophic. I understand that FUT simply fills the user template, english.lproj, and FEU fills th...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

404 after adding .jar to enable Event API

Hi, I am looking to enable the Event API for a sandbox ubuntu instance of JSS, but I only receive a 404 after adding the .jar and restarting Tomcat. JSS is working smoothly before adding the .jar. JSS runs on version: Version 8.63 This is the jar I a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 Profiles not applying

Hi All When pushing out parental controls to 10.8 clients, the machines successfully receive the profile (as seen in Profiles) but none of the settings get applied. I am pushing out a curfew setting, but none of the tick boxes ever get ticked for any...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mcafee revoked app certificate?

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/02/a-world-of-hurt-after-mcafee-mistakenly-revokes-key-for-signing-mac-apps/ "A McAfee administrator accidentally revoked the digital key used to certify desktop applications that run on Apple's OS X platform, cre...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating Extension Attribute Templates

Can anybody point me to official documentation on creating extension attribute templates? I'm not looking for the "download an existing one and copy it" instructions, but rather a proper article that covers the proper construction of the XML file req...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors