Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Inventory and asset mangement help

Sign in and sign out, and just regular asset management. I have JAMF and Web helpdesk but I hate the interface and login behind how Web helpdesk. I have been using our school library database for keeping track but with the amount of stuff that we are...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to create mobile account...

I'm currently on a trial with Casper and i'm having a problem with ad binding. When binding a mac onto our AD, all seems fine, except when creating a mobile account on login i get - "unable to create mobile account. There was a problem while creating...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

GarageBand 6.0.5 and deployment of its extra content...

So today we are packaging GarageBand 6.0.5 (current version) for deployment, using a multi-user redemption code purchased by the company of course. On first launch it goes out and downloads roughly 1.2 GB of "extra content"...bah. I didn't see it in ...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terminal Notifier Script Help

I'm trying to make a template in the JSS for notifications using Terminal Notifier. I made this script quick to do some sanity checks, but it still doesn't work like I expect. Notifications don't come through for some reason.``` !/bin/bash HARDCODED ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Managing Autologin

Hi all, Wanted to quickly share this with you all. I've found that a few computers on our estate had been set by people unknown to autologin which is a big security nightmare! A little digging, an extension attribute, a smart group and a script have ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Suite 8.63 is out!

Hello everyone! We have posted Casper Suite 8.63. This release specifically addresses an issue with Restricted Software: Due to encoding issues in the JSS, the jamf binary was treating special characters as wildcards in restricted software processes....  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automatically Update Safe Downloads List

Am I right in thinking that with this option ticked under System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Advanced that this enables the XProtect.meta.plist file to be updated by Apple? We had this update today to a minimum version of Java that isn't actua...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OT - JAVA 1.7 u11 Blocked today?

I am getting the error:The version of “Java” on your system does not include the latest security updates and has been blocked. To continue using “Java”, download an updated version from Oracle’s website. I am running 1.7u11. I found two posts earlier...  View more

• 56 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calculate Home Directory Sizes in Self Service

Had a couple of occasions where laptop users are on SSD's and they run out of space Thought i would share this #!/bin/bash # Get the currently logged in user user=`ls -l /dev/console | cut -d " " -f4` # Calculate the users home folder sizes sizeU=`su...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Reader XI EULA & Default File Extension.

Does any one know how I can package this in Casper to stop it from prompting the user to agree to the EULA and if they wish to make Reader the default PDF viewer? I have tried taking a snapshot with these setting already picked but it still seems to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Methods for deploying MS Office 2011 14.3 Update

We already have an Office 2011 14.2.5 pkg we created with Composer and deliver via Self-Service, and is also part of our config in Casper Imaging. I am wondering how admins are handling the updates that come out, as in the recent 14.3 from 14.2.5. Wh...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remotely deleting local accounts without MDM

Hello everyone, I find that MDM more often than not is not working properly when I need to delete remote workers accounts. Does anyone have any useful solutions for deleting user accounts in remote offices without signing in as the hidden admin, with...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off Topic: Adobe CS6 maintenance discontinued.

Hi all - just thought I would pass this along to the list, since Adobe is my most favorite vendor these days. We received this guidance from SHI when preparing budget numbers for our next fiscal year: Due to the release of Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changing Desktop BackGround on the Fly.

We have set it up for a certain user to send out messages to our other users via casper. This user has asked if we can make the message more pronounced by changing the desktop pattern of the end-user until they acknowledge the message, which then ret...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Computer name disabled in System Preferences/Sharing

Just noticed on two recently imaged machines that I cannot change the computer name from the Sharing system preference, no matter which user I'm logged in as. Where you'd normally type is greyed out and the machines register in the JSS as "localhost"...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8 Netboot - shadow files huge - help

A week or 2 ago I added a 10.8 Netboot to our imaging options. Today, I realized one of our servers was out of space. Looks like the shadow files created from the 10.8 Netboot set are huge - over 1.5 gigs each. With our 10.7x Netboots, shadow files w...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trouble enrolling iOS devices in JSS

Hi, Has anyone observed odd behavior during the JSS enrollment process of iOS devices? We are seeing weird things, in which devices do not always get the normal three profiles (CA, MDM, Self-Service), even though the final installation message on the...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Has Adobe fired their installer development team yet?

Of course not, why spend more money on competent/capable staff who have a clue about PKG/MSI standards? Don'tcha know they've got to meet their profit margin? From page 20 of ADOBE® FLASH® PLAYER 11.5Administration Guide PDF: http://wwwimages.adobe.c...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

magic disappearing dept/building config

General query on Linux JSS 8.62. Anyone else have random spontaneous loss of a mac's department and/or building configuration? If so, what did you find it was? A quick check of our database shows nothing wrong.  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OHIO - JAMF User Group?

I am looking to gauge the interest of other JAMF Admins in the Buckeye State. I have space in Columbus, and would like to start something up.  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best way to create hidden admin account

Under Management > Polices one can create a policy that create a new admin account. How can this account then become hidden in OS X, Sys Prefs > Users & Groups, as to prevent users from seeing / and or deleting the account. Thanks in advance. John  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors