Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetSUS and Software Update

I have an MountainLion Server(server1) that is running Software Update and getting the udates from Apple. I have another MountainLion Server(server2) also running Software Update but it is getting the updates from the previous named server(server1) a...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging, stalls on 'delete adobeinstall'

I'm configuring a new instance of Casper at another office location, similar to the one I'm already running at HQ. Problem I've got is that the machine being imaged never finishes up behind the jamfHelper full screen lock. Looking at the clients jamf...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploying Mountain Lion Upgrades - Discussion.

(Warning - this is a long one!) Hello all, I've been trying to figure out an easier method for deploying Mountain Lion to end users without a full re-image, especially to Lion users who have been re-imaged in the last year. Having to backup and recon...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Menu Bar Issues 10.8.2

Hi All, I'm seeing on a baseline image we have of 10.8.2 a strange issue. After building the image and removing the waste, any user I log into is missing the Finder Menu bar. Either re-starting Finder or opening another Application fixes it. Any one ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

User data migrations

Hello, I was wondering what other Casper Admins were using to migrate user data/Apps between Macs or for re-images? I'm particular interested in hearing how folks are dealing with user data in a AD bound environment.  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Get OS Build Version via Extension Attribute

I can see that you can pull the OS Build version by running "sw_vers -BuildVersion" from Terminal. I would like to gather the output of this or all the info from "sw_vers" as an extension attribute to build smart groups on. What would be the best way...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Jamf to push out new software

I just installed two pieces of software on to one of our MacBooks that is managed through our Jamf server. However, I cannot for the life of me remember what I need to do to push these out to the rest of my MacBooks. I know I did this before I just c...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Autolaunch Webpage From Policy

Looking at https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5693, I created a script that opens a webpage of the URL I pass in. But, when I run it as a script from a login policy, the webpage will open for a brief moment, then close after the p...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

First Run Post Install Script not executed

Hi all. We have a minor issue during imaging new machines.When a machine will be imaged by Casper Imaging, a Post Install Script is created and added to the machine. This script should bind our machines to the AD using Centrify and update the Invento...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

instant policy via JSS web enrollment

All,When a new OS X machine does a web URL enrollment via the JSS and runs the Quickadd.pkg, is there a way to instantly run a policy? Currently the only options I see are: logout, login, 15 trigger. I really don't want the end user to have to perfor...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ARD Set Startup Disk Problem

I am trying to mass image some Macbook Air's. The process that I use on the old white MacBooks were to start them up and manage them with ARD and set the startup disk to my casper net boot image. Now with my new computers I do the same thing and they...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMB auto mounts

We have been using for sometime the SMB mount scripts from the old resource kit and now we have moved away from these automated mounts at login. My question is how do I flush these settings from MAC OSX ? I cannot find any reference to them in the la...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe at MacIT/MacWorld...OOBE Blog

http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2013/01/join-us-at-macitmacworld-131-what-the-creative-cloud-means-for-it.html Jody, Good luck at MacIT/MacWorld, knock ‘em dead! I hope the session is recorded and published for those of us who can’t be there. If the clou...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Running commands from policy issues :(

Hello JAMFers, So I am curious if anyone has any experience with running commands from a policy. Basically, my employers have requested I have a video download locally to all managed clients, and have them auto-play the video on a certain day of the ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Paralles 8 deployment

I had a simular issue with VMware 5.0.2.I found the issue after reading again the deployment guide. Unfortunately the deployment guide for Parallels 6 seems to be not working correctly on Version 8.0.1.xx.Has somebody already deployed this? Thanks a ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Encrypting script parameters

Hi folks, We want to use a policy to unbind computers from our AD domain and then rebind them. Binding can be done through the Casper GUI, which *'s out the domain credentials, so that's not a problem. However, I don't see a way to unbind computers l...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time Machine backup to QNAP via Policy/Script?

Hi all. I'm having a question in relation to Time Machine Backups to a QNAP NAS.I already found MCX policies that enables you to provide the Time Machine Backup destination if it is hosted on a Mac OS X Server with enabled Time Machine. As we are usi...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Activating Acrobat X

Good day all: I'm following the "Administering Adobe Acrobat X Pro with the Casper Suite" guide. I've uploaded the Acrobat pkg to Casper Admin, as well as the script. I'm struggling with the "Packaging the Adobe Provisioning Tool" part. Where is the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Boot Camp 4 and Sysprep Error

I have recently gone through and rebuilt our Boot Camp images for our labs. While doing so, I upgraded to Boot Camp 4 (from 3.3). After I configured the Windows 7 image as we need the image is Sysprepped and captured with WinClone Pro 3.4. When resto...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Feedback (AFP548)

It's important to let Adobe know how these ongoing deployment issues are impacting enterprise: http://afp548.com/adobe-feedback/ external image link  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe Air Version

Extension Attribute script (mac) for getting Adobe Air version.P.S. Would be good to have a "Extension Attribute" tag in the discussion posts. #!/bin/sh if [ -d /Library/Frameworks/Adobe AIR.framework ];then result=`/usr/bin/defaults read /Library/Fr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors