Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Figma Desktop app deployment - Scripting

We are starting to use Figma and their installer is a stub installer which is a pain. They give some very base instructions for deployment. We want to use architecture specific builds and there is a "script" for accessing those. My scripting is very ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script issue for other users

Hi, I'm having a problem with a simple script to force MS AutoUpdate to list and install any updates.Script works fine as me locally and via Jamf policy, but doesn't show all the results when pushed via policy to all users.This is the script:#!/bin/z...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preventing disk images from being mounted?

Greetings! We're trying to come to a "happy medium" for our users to prevent them from grabbing software willy-nilly. Our environment is:Utilizing PreStage EnrollmentMonterey with some Big Sur leftovers, moving soon to Monterey and upUsers are admins...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS update frozen on target computers

Good day Jamf professionals! I pushed out the latest OS update to computers with old versions of Monterey. I sent a mass remote command to a simple search group and checked download and allow user to install later. However when we go into system pref...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Google Chrome updates best practices

Who uses the Google admin console? Is it free to education (community College)? We have about 500 Mac devices (iOS and Mac OS). Contacting Google support about licensing has been useless. Googles website says it's free, but since we're a large govern...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Pro to Okta group

Hello, I'm currently using Jamf Pro, and I want to create a self service "Application" for example:If the user clicks on the Loom application, the specific group on okta will be added to the user.I got the provisioning already between the application...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Batch Remove Shared iPad Users

Hi,Looking for some help to help remove all users on our shared iPads without doing this manually.Currently i have to click on each individual device and then click the remove all users button which is taking forever with our estate having 5k plus iP...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2 now available!

Hey Jamf Nation!We've just released Jamf Pro 10.41.0 Beta 2. This is our compatibility release with the new operating systems coming from Apple this fall. There are a number of updated or new keys, a GSX Update, and updates to the Azure AD migration ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Mobile device compliance info from JAMF

I'm integrating with JAMF MDM to get mobile devices. I have a standard JAMF pro user created and assigned Auditor privileges(grant all read). I'm able to get device info with the following info under the security object."security": { "dataProtected":...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Jamf Remote deprecation in Jamf Pro 10.40

Just making my views public on the decision to deprecate Jamf Remote app in Jamf Prop 10.40 as I personally feel its the wrong decision.10.40.0Jamf RemoteJamf Remote has been removed from Jamf Pro.This includes the screen sharing workflow using Jamf ...  View more

• 58 replies
  • 22 kudos

Integrating with Intune

Hi all,Intune and Jamf Pro integration document includes: Important: You must exclude the User registration app for Device Compliance when creating the conditional access policy. Would someone be able to explain which applications should be excluded ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF MDM Profile - iPad Not Removing MDM Profile

Hello!I have an iPad Pro that we have released from Apple Business Manager and removed from JAMF Pro. There is no longer a trace of it within our system. However, after the iPad was factory reset the MDM Profile was still there from Jamf.What would b...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automate Chrome profile setup?

Just throwing this out there, does anyone know of any projects or threads around how to automate the Chrome profile setup? There are so many screens and buttons for the users to click to sign in to their Chrome profile, it's one of the major hurdles ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery key access in Jamf Pro

Hi,I have a custom type access level for Jamf Pro and I would like to know how Can I access the personal Recovery key on a work station as the option is not available in the Inventory - > Disk encryption section. That option is available for our Jamf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Adobe Plugins

Hello! I'm a relatively new user to JAMF and am so far very much liking it. One thing I'm scratching my head about though is the installation of Adobe CC plus-ins. I manage a bunch of college teaching labs and have been requested to install LottieFil...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Snagit 2022 - Audio and PPPC

Hello All,Reaching out to the community to see if anyone has resolved the issue on M1 Macs with Snagit 2022 and the Audio component (Boot into recovery to allow system extension).I have a successful package for Snagit 2022 (Application and license fi...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Install Outlook Add-ins via JAMF

Has anybody installed Outlook Add-ins via JAMF? I'm hoping for a path to install an Add-in via a preferences file. My O365 engineers are primarily looking at deploying via O365. I'm just hoping for a "plan B".  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can I view past device names for an iOS device?

Is there a way to view the past names that have been assigned to a device? I have a few devices that were returned to me, but they were wiped and their name is now "iPad" in Jamf. If I could check logs to see what the name was before it was wiped it ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yubikey certification location

I have paired my Yubikey with my mac. Pin has replaced my system password.I want to check the certificate expiry date in Jamf Inventory. I do not see the concerned certificate in Jamf inventory/computer/certificates !! I do not see the Yubikey certif...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mixing multiple preference files

I apologise to my fellow Mac experts for stating what to them will be obvious but do so for the benefit of other readers.Mac apps (mostly) use XML format preference files signified by a file extension of .plistThese preference files can be in one of ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mac not restarting via policy at login window

I have a prestage enrollment that auto skips all setup pages and creates a local admin account.I have a policy that runs after successful prestage enrollment that does two things: 1. Runs a script to set auto login for the account created during the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pulse Secure is not working

If I install Pulse Secure 9.1.15 version on mac manually it works, but when I am deploying via JAMF policy, it doesnt work, it is not picking up VPN URL and if I put the VPN URL and try to connect, it says failed to connect pulse service. Any help wi...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors