Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

HP Printer Driver package version numbers

As far as I can tell, the previous version of the HP printer driver package (v2.11) has the same internal number as the latest driver package (2.12). I am seeing that both of them report back as 10.6.0.1.1.1238328574. Has anybody else seen this? Is a...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dual OS management in single machine

Hi, Can anyone let me know how to handle two OS (Snow Leopard/Lion/M Lion) in single machine? I am running the recon on either of OS the details of another OS is getting overwritten. Please help. Regards,Anil  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service apps won't install onto iPad 3

When I first got Self Service through school on my iPad all apps downloaded straight away except for two but ever since none of the applications are installing. When I click install it stays stuck on 'Your app install should begin shortly.' No popup ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keychain Folder not properly created.

Hello all, first post here. Using casper imaging to deploy 10.8.2 and running into a slight problem. Computers image successfully and Bind to AD. If I login with Local Admin account all is fine. When I login with an AD account, I get a Login Keychain...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multi-location JSS users

I have a question for those of us who have multiple JSS locations set up: what are your best practices for user accounts between locations? We're expanding our JSS to encompass systems in several cities. Not all of these locations have round-the-cloc...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Moving JSS to New Server

We're performing a major upgrade to move our JSS/MySQL from a Mac Mini to a new Windows server, and I was wondering if anyone has any input on the best way to do this. I was originally going to just re-enroll all systems with the new JSS, but I reali...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS 8.62 Upgrade and MySQL Issue

So we finally pulled the trigger on upgrading from JSS 8.4 to 8.62 yesterday and have run into an issue with MySQL. Specifically, OS X 10.6 Server is using the bundled 5.0.92 version instead of the newly installed 5.5.29 Community Server version. The...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restrict Particular Username Logins

Hi all. For a long time we've implemented a cached login policy that would run a 'killall loginwindow' command for a particular user, this would stop a posted generic user for certain machines in another lab coming into the Mac lab to use it. However...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script assistance deleting files in user folders

We have a couple of script needs that are similar and involve deleting specific files within a user's profile. One example is Hotspot Shield. This app only has 5 things to delete, so we have used a script like I've listed below, and pushed it out as ...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Policy Scope "Exclusions"

Most of our policies are based on AD user groups. Without modifying our groups, I'd really like to be able to exclude a few users from some of our policies. Is this possible? TIA,Chuck  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Failure to uninstall symlinks in .dmg packages (JSS 8.61)

We noticed today that if a .dmg installer package contains symlinks, and that package is installed and later uninstalled by policy, those symlinks get left behind on the target. Normal files and aliases are removed as expected, but the symlinks are l...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script to find folder doesn't find folder.

Developed a quick script to do a simple task, remove the iMovie (previous version) folder. While I was thinking of how to do this, I thought... "Why don't I make a script that could handle any folder path", so I did. But now it won't recognize the "(...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Picking a Load Balancing solution

Anyone out there gone through the process of implementing a load balancing solution for JSS? Did you have to choose the solution? What was your criteria and how did you make your decision?  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Screensaver and Software Update

Hi, Can any one provide the script for screensaver to start about 5 min and require password back(10.6,7 and 8) I also require script to redirect all 10.6 client to SUS. Thanks,Anil  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

When does Self Service get installed?

Hi there, after Imaging a computer after the first boot - when does the Self Service get installed?Directly after booting it is not installed. We triedsudo jamf managesudo jamf policy -trigger every15sudo jamf recon with no success - it does not get ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad not displaying OTA webpage

Hello All,we have a strange problem in that some iPads will load the OTA enrolment page but display a completely blank page. These appear to mostly iPad models 2,3 and 4 running iOS 6.0.1It doesn't appear to be all iPads of these models or iOS versio...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP codes for Custom B2B Apps

My company has an app that has been made available to us through Apple's VPP, but it is a custom B2B app. This means it is not available on the public iTunes App Store. So far I am yet to find a way to get this app onto our JSS to be distributed with...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Clear out pending push notifications

I had a few push notifications from Profiles that were removed, but they just never seemed to go away. This is a way to get rid of them: Open a shell prompt sudo mysql Once at the prompt, type: use jamfsoftware Then type the command: delete from mobi...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scripting with Perl

Greetings, At JUNC I talked to several other people also interested in perl scripting in the managed client space. In fact, enough so that I agreed to make this post and see if, indeed there was enough interest in that as to fuel one or various thing...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mountain Lion Breaks Login Script

Hi all, We are running into a show stopping bug and wondering if anyone has any input on why this would occur. We have a startup script that runs at login based on user group that essentially maps the users documents and desktop to an smb share on th...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors