Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

RPC timeout for netboot server

Hello Nation, I've been having netboot issues that started yesterday, when I verbose boot to any netboot image on my server i see the error RPC Timeout for server ###.##.#.### (ip address of my netboot server) Mac OSX 10.8.2 Server Version 2.1.1 I re...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to purge from JSS (getting error)

We have a Smart Computer Group that contains computers we want to purge from JSS. For some reason we are getting the below error when we select Delete Computers. Is anyone seeing this? The admin has [x]Manage Smart Computer Groups and [x]Delete Inven...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

mv -f

I ran a script from the Resource Kit to delete Adobe CS4 applications. It did remove CS4, sort of (it moved the pieces to /Library/Application Support/JAMF/RemovedFiles/). It also broke CS5 and CS6 in the process because it moved to entire Adobe fold...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dockutil 1.1.2 issues with 10.8 Mountain Lion

Just wanted a sanity check. I was rolling with Dockutil 1.1.2 and 10.7 Lion running a user-owned launch item script that would manage the Dock once per user, per computer. It run beautifully with no issues whatsoever. Now after testing the exact same...  View more

• 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

EA to detect Dalai Lama malware infection?

Hot off the press, looks like it's a twist on the Flashback malware that hit us a while back...hoping an Extension Attribute can flag any of our Macs that might have it. "We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without baco...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

netsus on Redhat distro.

Does anyone know if the github netsus project will install on redhat? If not is there a documented method to setup the netsus environment using redhat as the base OS? Thanks.  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking Widgets

Is there a way to block widgets in Lion? We have students that are playing wdgt games and running other time wasting apps. Is there a policy or a script that could be run? Thanks Eric  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Software Updates in Mountain Lion

Apple Software Updates were easy back in the day....I had my own SUS and made updates available at my discretion and I the needed updates per hardware were only available to that hardware.Now, it seems that Mountain Lion gets all its software updates...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding OS dmg to Casper Admin

New to Casper, so be gentle. I am running Casper Admin 8.6 on Mountain Lion (10.8.2). I created another Mountain Lion image on a seperate partition and created a DMG of that OS using Composer. My problem is that is get an error message when I try to ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System preference option for Profiles

I'm using MCX to hide certain system preferences. Everything seems to be working nicely until I tried to add a mobile profile. It tells me it can't open the "profiles" preference pane. But I tried adding com.apple.preferences.profiles to my list - bu...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Using Python?

Who out there is scripting in Python for their Macs? What do you use it for that's better than using Bash for? Anyone move over to Python from Perl? Just curious...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to add printers to JSS?

Hello, sorry if this has been discussed somewhere or if there's documentation I missed. I've tried searching but haven't been able to find anything. I am trying to add printers to JSS. Whenever I try to add one, I click browse printers and get a mess...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles and Office 2011

I am testing using Configuration Profiles to push out com.microsoft.office.plist to 10.7 Mac. Has anyone tried this? I am trying to suppress the first run for Outlook 2011. So far I see the plist loading on the Mac, but when I go to use Outlook for t...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find unauthorized Admins

So... My predecessor had the bright idea give our users permanent admin privileges when they "called the help desk way too much"... Does anyone have a method of searching for admin users that are NOT the admin users that all imaged Macs come with? If...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems with self signed certificates.

Hello,We use jss in an ubuntu x64 server environement with tomcat7 and apr.now the mss url has its certificat and subca and root ca. So a browser can correctly chain the certificats.The problem is now device enrollment. When trying to enroll an iPad ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

CCA and CMA

Hello again everyone! I will be in Minnesota to obtain my CCA and CMA this January and I have a few questions:1. Is there anything I should focus on before arriving (as far as knowledge) as to not be blindsided when I am there?2. Will there be bacon?...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuring Outlook

I am trying to configure MS Outlook. Every time I run setupOutlook.scpt it get an error and want to run the First Run setup. I then tried pushing out this a script defaults write /Users/$USER/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.office "14FirstRunSetupC...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

404 error when deploying in-house ebooks

Following the directions located here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=205, I'm trying to deploy internal .epub files via Casper. I have the .epub file located on the server at /Library/JSS/Tomcat/webapps/inhouse/.epub. When we sel...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS Self Service issue

I'm having some of my teachers say that they cannot access any of the apps that I have placed into self service. It keeps giving them the error message that it cannot connect to my casper server. This is only happening to some of my staff and not all...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable MCX for admin user

I have a MCX that disables the user from using the security, sharing, and users and group system prefrences pane. It works great and they see it grayed out. What I want to do is create a troubleshooting document for our techs if they need to troubles...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Having problem with script to setwebproxy

I am look for some help with a script I am trying to run that will turn on Airports web proxy, add the domain and port and turn on authentication and the corresponding username/password. I want to have the proxy authentication to happen blind to user...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors