Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

NetSUS Woes: still looks at Apple

Hi!A colleague set up a NetSUS server a while ago, and it seemed to work. however, we soon noticed that it worked, but not according to plan. Now it seems that jamf sets the correct SUS: when I'm looking at a computer and do defaults read /Library/Pr...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook 2011 SP2 - Exchange Setup Script Issues

Hello, I posted this message over on Mac Enterprise, but I thought I might get some success by posting here as well. I have been using William Smith's fantastic script and guide flawlessly with deploying Office 2011 SP1 to our users via Casper. After...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

#K12 iPad Web Clip Folders

Hi All, I'm wanting to create an iPad "image" that includes a folder that contains several webclip icons. I tried restoring an encrypted iTunes backup of an iPad where I created a folder of web clips, but that didn't work. I tried making a Supervised...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Package and license SpectraView 2

Does anyone have any idea how to package spectraview II for the enterprise. My issue is that it requires a license key, but there doesn't seem to be any file or key that gets created when the software becomes licensed. The installer is just a .pkg fr...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Licensed Software Management - Adobe

I have created two licensed software entries in the JSS, one for Adobe CS 5.5 Design Premium and one for Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection. I used the Licensed Software from Template to create each entry. What I have noticed is that all the licenses for...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Command to manually update configuration profiles

Is there a terminal command to do this? I made one change to my 10.7 config profile in the JSS and resent it out to all machines but the few I've checked don't have the new preference enabled. I have tried rebooting and logging in/out a few times on ...  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

script and IMaging Macs

I created a script that I want to use when imaging Macs. The script runs this commandsudo /usr/sbin/jamf policy -trigger CoreSoftware The script is added to configuration in Casper Admin and is set to "run At Reboot" I also added the OS Requirement 1...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netboot Startup Disk is Almost Full

I have a 10.8 netboot image that is used just to boot to the casper tools for imaging. In the beginning I had an issue where I'd receive the error above, so i referenced this article https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=198 and made th...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ask for password when waking from sleep

I have this manual setting configured in my configuration profile, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. The setting shows up in the preference domain for com.apple.screensaver in the "managed client" section of System Information, but it does not ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

View Apps on iPad

Is there an easy way to see a list of apps that are installed on a device without manually clicking on each iPad? We have over 460 managed devices.  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SU Server behind firewall: What ports are needed?

From what I can see the only needed port is 8088; does this encompass the client getting everything it needs from the SUS, or do the more standard ports 80/443 need to be opened up as well? I am trying to get my ducks in a row before making the reque...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Interrogating the JSS with bash script - HELP!

Hi, What i'm trying to do is to run a query in our firstrun script, on the JSS for the Mac it's currently running on. All it's trying to do is to see if the department and building settings are correctly configured. (Our JSS occasionally doesn't conf...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backups not running

We're running an instance of JSS 8.62 on a Mac server and for some reason backups are not running on schedule. JSSDatabaseUtil.jar is the right version and shows backups are scheduled properly and the target folder is wide open (777). I checked /Libr...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Blocking certain ipad apps during school hours?

Is there a way to block i.e.: twitter or facebook iOS apps during specified times? i.e.; 8am - 4pm? Obviously they can use them after hours, and we can block them from logging in via safari, but don't want to restrict the app entirely from their iOS ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manaing AirPort via Ethernet connection

Through using a script written by an unknown CCA instructor, we are using a script that will sense when Ethernet is connected and turn AirPort off. When Ethernet is no longer connected, it will turn AirPort back on. This is brilliant. However, I wond...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting to JSS DB

I downloaded SequelPro. When I launch it I am asked for the HOST name. I enter our server name (where JSS is installed and it's also the server I installed SequelPro on) and it says It can't find the host. "Unable to connect" how do you normally conn...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multicast oh how I hate you....

Does anyone out there have some suggestions on limiting the multicast on a wifi network? Special commands and or services that you disable before deploying 1000s of ipads and macbook airs? We are running into a problem where our access points can't c...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with disabling some optons in system preferences

We use an image that we have setup in our Apple server to re-image all or any Macbook(s) when needed. All Macbooks have been added to a computer group via Casper. We also created a Managed preference profile in Casper (Enabled System Preference Panes...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switching Netboot Image for Next Boot via bless

I have problem with the code found in this forum: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5756 #!/bin/sh sudo bless --netboot --booter tftp://NETBOOT-SERVER=IP/NetBoot/NetBootSP0/Casper.nbi/i386/booter --kernel tftp://NETBOOT-SERVER=IP...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profiles 10.8.2 Casper 8.62 - Broken?

Hi Relatively new to Casper/JSS my workplace has decided to go Apple Mac so were currently setting up or JSS to handle 700 Apple Macbook Pro's and 200 iPads. We are seeing some odd behaviour, with a freshly imaged macbook 10.8.2 joined to AD the firs...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ideas for a Reboot Script

Like the subject says folks I am looking for a nice reboot script that pops up and says its doing something then reboots the computer. Our users are students ranging from JR high to High School and facility. They do not reboot their computer and come...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bind scipt

Is it posable to run a script that would bind using configured binding with in Casper Admin? How do you use "jamf Help" Bind? I would like to use the script with Casper Imaging so that I do not have to do the advanced option  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

ACL's not inhereting for network share

Hello,I was wondering if someone could shed some expertise on a problem I'm experiencing.We are running an SMB and AFP volume share from a 10.7.4 machine.The machine is bound to our AD and requires users to authenticate before they have access to it....  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

XCode & Objective C for Beginners

I know the topic hasn't got anything to do with Casper but I would appreciate your input.I will have a crack at the XCode and would like learn Objective C.Any recommendations for books and training courses around London UK will be great.Thanks for lo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Manage iOS Global Proxy

Is it possible to manage the Global Proxy feature in iOS 6 from the JSS?We want to ensure that all devices are being managed by our filter even when they are offsite?I know we can set it in Apple Configurator, just wondering if we can keep that step ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors