Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Configuration Profile Tool password prompt

Sometimes my users will see a prompt for administrator password from configuration profile tool. When this happens, the machine is still able to run policies, and MCX settings still seem to be applied. There don't seem to be any noticeable consequenc...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS X losing hostname on 2nd boot

This is a really infuriating issue. At work we're running a Casper Suite 8.62 system for OS X deployment. What we're finding is that the Casper imaging process is correctly naming the computers from the JSS, the computer retains it's name on first bo...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Distribution Point Shopping Again...

We have a large virtual infrastructure and would love to move away from Mac hardware (we're considering buying many minis). The last time we went down this route of testing non Mac OS distribution points, we ran into strange issues compiling images. ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setting SUS

When you define an SUS in the JSS, it defaults to a generic catalog URL that does not resolve (http://su.example.com:8088/index.sucatalog). The actual catalog URL is something more like http://su.example.com:8088/index.sucatalog/content/catalogs/othe...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Update only if no reboot required

I am looking to create a new policy for software update to try to capture some of our laptop carts. These machines are either inaccessible or in use, so I have a hard time keeping them updated. Does anyone have a nifty way of setting it up so that on...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

mountNetworkShare for SMB with AD login on 10.8

Hey all. My only remaining hang up (that I'm aware of) for my using 10.8 in my labs at this point is getting a few general network shares mapped for users at login, these are not their home shares (those mount fine with the AD plug-in). Has anyone su...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Strange OS X imaging issue on older hardware.

We have captured an OS X Mountain Lion image using Casper Imaging. When a newer retina display computer is imaged, all "System Preferences" options are available and function properly. However, when the image is deployed to an older model, in this ca...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service link

Ok where do I get the self service application? The documentation says link here for the self service.tar.gz file and there is not active link. Please bear with me as this may be a dumb question but I have been using Casper for a while but just now e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Quick Self Service Install Scoping Question

Getting ramped up with our initial Self Service setup. Want to prevent users who already have X software from seeing X software's installer in Self Service. Is the only way to do this to setup unique smart groups for each and ever preinstalled softwa...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Class 3 Certificates

I'm finding a lot of problems with our MAS saying it can't connect to the app store. When I run a softwareupdate -l I get the NUURLDomainError -1012 error. The only thing I've found to resolve it is to go into Keychain Access and set all Class 3 Cert...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

PaperCut LoginHook not starting

After having installed and turned on the login hooks option on the JSS I discovered that the PaperCut Client PCClient.app is not starting automatically - consequently the students aren't able to print. Has anybody found a solution for this and is kin...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service asking for admin user authentication

I'm using Self Service to install a few things, and I've made sure the setting in Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Self Service are setup to "End users do not need to authenticate locally to install Self Service Items" Most package...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tomcat freezes at same time everyday

I'm trying to figure out why Tomcat goes on the fritz everyday shortly before 10:00 AM. I have the backups happen 12 hours before hand, there is no purging of logs right now due to compliance and I'm looking into moving them out of the server and hop...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Scoping

I am new to self service and experimenting with it. I cannot seem to figure out how to scope the delivery of the self service app to just certain machines in the JSS. Is there a way to do this? I can see how to scope the policies but I don't want all...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login Scripts not working from 10.7 to 10.8

I used the mountNetworkShare.sh script from the Resource kit and modified it a bit to work for my 10.7 clients as a login policy. It pulls in the username, share (defined in the policy), and volume name (defined in the policy) to make a folder in the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Default PKGs settings for all users?

Good morning/afternoon everyone, I have been begun to fill our casper repository with all sorts of software but I am still unclear on the correct way to make the packages custom settings(.plists, custom settings, etc) default for all users when the m...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iPad upgrade best practices with using iCloud

I have recently discovered that there are some best practices that may need to be followed in situations that involve upgrading iPads with iCloud. Going from an iPad 1 to an iPad 3 requires that both have iOS 5.x if users are going to be utilizing iC...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Profile and SUS setting

I'm managing Configuration Profiles using the JSS on clients running 10.7.5. The profile is installing and displaying properly. The setting for the local SUS is not, however, being applied. I can set the SUS via command line without a problem. Is the...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Conference Adobe Presentation- Feedback

Hi Everybody, Those who attended the Jamf User Conference just gone. Did you catch the Presentation Jody Rodgers done about Self Service and CCM ? If so would you be so kind as to let me know what you thought , what you think would / would not work i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adobe CS6 Package and Extension Manager

Has anyone figured out how to stop Adobe Extension Manager from opening at the end of an install for Adobe CS6 created with AAMEE? I've seen this problem mentioned in a couple of places but no solutions have been offered. I tried skipping the 6.0.4 u...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors