Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Disabling Internal Audio

I know that this question isn't directly related to Casper, but does anyone know of a way to disable the internal speakers on a system via a script or managed setting in Casper? I've been getting complaints from students that the noise levels in the ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Safari 6.0.2 Lion Download

Hello, I'm looking to download the latest Safari update 6.0.2 for Lion. I'd like to include that package in my configurations so that a newly setup machine is current. For 6.0.1 I was able to locate the direct download by peeking in an InstaDMG catal...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Install & URL correction

Hello, I am bringing online a brand new JSS install(OS X server) on a site where it hasn't been in use. I installed the JSS and pointed it to the wrong URL. I specifically didn't add the s in https nor :8443 in the address when prompted. I've found t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Printers

Hello, We are having issues with Printers with them getting paused, they come into our tech office and we need to enter a password to get them resumed what is going on? I would like to have the persons name to the bottom of the sheet of paper to know...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practices for deploying 10.6.8 Combo Update

I'm trying to make 10.6.8 Comb Update available via Self Service for a select group of testers. However, in testing, I cannot seem to get it to run successfully, and it always shows as failed. I have uploaded the .pkg file that I know works, and run ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Parental Controls/Snow Leo/Adobe Reader

Here's the situation: 10.6.8 Unibody MacBook bound to AD--when you log in with an account, the user defaults with Parental Controls turned ON, regardless of AD group. No specific settings are defined and users have access to most everything they woul...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

AUSST Deployment for CS6

We have used the adobe package utility to create packages and deploy them using Casper. I want to create an Adobe update server and im stuck on the deployment of it. According to adobe, you can incorporate it into the packages when creating the packa...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service app issue....

We are using the layered model and originally installed an app using a building id. We had them delete this as we made the newer app available via self service and want the user to take ownership of self service apps. How long should it be taking aft...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multicast MacBook Air

Hi, Our school is rolling out 500 odd MBA's. We have purchased around 50 Ethernet to thunderbolt adapters so that we can netboot the devices and image a number of them at a time. Has any one used the multicasting option with the resource kit ?Has any...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

MCX in 10.8 iMacs - not applying on first logon

Hi all. I've come across a problem having just updated our iMac lab to 10.8. I tried going down the Configuration profile path, but decided against it for the most part, as it didn't seem to work how we needed it. So, I've stuck with Managed Preferen...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Software Updates Best practices?

Hello again guys-- I am trying to find best practices for delivering software updates to our managed clients. After reading the article here https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=5207 I saw that there is a possibility of using self-s...  View more

• 28 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extension Attribute Help

I am trying to create an extension attribute that detects the presence of an installer package cached in the Waiting Room. I can run the script manually in terminal and get a true or false result. When I place the script in the extension attribute, I...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self-Destructing PKGs/DMGs

Is it possible to create a DMG or a PKG which deactivates/destructs itself after installation? Otherwise is it possible to create a DMG/PKG that has a limited time to live after which it becomes unusable?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple SUS

Is there a way to ignore an update coming from Apple's SUS without running a local SUS? I have a group of machines that are trying to install an update every night. They say they are successful, but then they install the same update the next day.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Preferences

We are getting ready to do an ACT survey that uses a browser based Java Applet that requires the Java Webstart enabled and the applet does not support 64bit mode. By default the Java Preferences have 64bit mode Java SE as preferred. So I need to get ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service Issue

Ok, I've deployed a package to my Mac desktop. I setup the package to run via Self Service. When I click on my Self Service icon and then the package to install it I am prompted to enter the Local Admin password. First, I am logged on as an Admin and...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetSUS - some updates not available

Hi, I've been testing out the NetSUS appliance this week and I'm finding that some software updates that Apple offer to a newly imaged 10.7.3 machine are not being offered by the NetSUS (which has been fully and recently synced). On a newly imaged 10...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Help Resizing Restore Partition

Hi all - saw some similar posts to this but nothing that does exactly what I need. I have two partitions, Restore (disk0s3/10GB) and MacHD (disk0s2/the rest of the free space). I need a script that will resize the Restore Partition to 25GB without to...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Agent Installed when?

Is there any way to report on the date that a computer made it's first connection to Casper after having the agent installed? I'm basically trying to see when a computer first checked in and compare it to their last check in. Am I making sense? I hav...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

login policies not running

I am having a really hard time troubleshooting an issue right now... I am creating a new server to move all of our clients onto, and I can not get it to behave normally. The biggest issue I am having right now is that logon policies are not running. ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

$3 is empty when run through self service

Hello. We currently do not require login credentials to self service. I believe this is causing the third variable to be empty when scripts are run through self service. Can anyone confirm that (I'm running 8.61). I have a simple script to echo back ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing or Purging the "Waiting Room"

If I delete the "Waiting Room" folder and then do an inventory will all those cached packages be gone? Some clients have come back online and have a bunch of old cached packages and we need to just start over, re-cache so to speak and then install. T...  View more

• 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

#K12 Limit printers to printing 1 copy only

The staff in our Media Center/Library want to limit the students to only printing one copy and to have a message display that reminds them of the Media Center policy. I made a package with Composer that modifies /etc/cups/cupsd.conf with the line ```...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Retina Support

Dear JAMF, please update your apps to support Retina displays. Okay, thanks!! Much love, my bleeding eyes  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

13" Retina MacBook Pro - build numbers

For your information: you will need to create a new netboot image for the 13" Retina MacBook Pro. The initial build is 10.8.1 build 12B2100. After updating to 10.8.2 the build is 12C2034. The Retina will not boot off of 10.8.2 12C60  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replicate a Disribution Point behind firewall

Hey all, can't seem to find this in the documentation or the Nation here. I have a primary Distribution Point in a colo, and I want to put a secondary DP on a Mac Mini Server behind a firewall at a satellite office. I'm thinking I need to set up port...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors