Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Iowa JAMF User's Group

I'm looking to create a JAMF User's group for the State of Iowa, to include K-12 users, higher ed users, and commercial users. I could host some bi-monthly, or semi-annual meetings where we could present how we are tackling any problems that we run i...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.2 Thin Imaging Config Does Not Create Admin User

I'm running into a problem with 8.6.2 and a 10.8.2 MacBook Air fresh out of the box. I have setup a testing config in Casper Admin that has nothing in it. The only thing the config does is to apply the management account on the Management tab of the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login script issues

Hello everyone: I am not new to apple machines, but took over as Apple Admin for a school district about three months ago. Currently the entire system runs on a "Golden (or magic) Triangle" setup. When a user logs into OS X and selects their group, a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUG SF Bay Area - JAMF Nation User Group

For the growing JAMF Nation community in the San Francisco Bay Area: want to meet up locally? There's a growing number of Casper Suite users in the Bay Area and we'd like to help you connect. We have a Briefing Center in our Cupertino office that we ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook - Empty Deleted Items on Quit Script?

We're (finally) upgrading from Exchange 2003 to 2010, which means we're rolling out Outlook 2011 to our school district. I'm trying to find an easy way to push out a setting that will set the preference to empty deleted items on quit. I've set it man...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Robocopy clobbering files

Does anyone (Don perhaps?) have deep experience with Robocopy? I'm using it to daily replicate my DPs but there are some files that constantly get clobbered and re-copied. The issue is that these are some of my large disk image files (like 5GB) so it...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reformatting a drive with FileVault2 enabled?

I got back a Mac from a client that had enabled FileVault. All I want to do is re-format the drive and be on my way.I don't ned to save any data. I don't have the unlock key and the system won't boot normally in order to turn off or decrypt the machi...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation 2.0

More of a question really, and maybe I am just not seeing it, there used to be a place under my assets that gave a link to all discussions and other posts that I either participated in or started and I don't see that anymore. I know I can get email n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is MCX broken in Mountain Lion?

Ran into a problem when I tried adding some MCX profiles that were created to be used with 10.6 on a test Mountain Lion machine. The profiles work correctly but when I remove the machine from the MCX profile, the settings keep reappearing in /Library...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need some help with HTTP distro access

Hello community! I am either still exhausted from the JNUC, or I am just overly confused. Would anyone mind helping me through changing a non-http distribution point into an http distribution point? My main distribution server is running OS X Server ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Policy Failure

We're getting policy failures completely at random from what we can see. The general error log from the JSS always looks something like this: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing Policy *name here* ... Mounting afp://xx.xx.xx.xx/CasperShare to /V...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script reboot to specific netboot image

I have a few netboot images available on my netboot server, and I'd like to be able to have a user execute a reboot to a specific netboot image rather than give them instructions to choose the image out of startup disk in system preferences. Writing ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Issues in iOS

We've been running into issues trying to set up a proxy in iOS5.1. When we put in an automatic configuration (i.e. a PAC file), the device does not respect it, especially in regard to HTTPS/SSL traffic. Has anyone gotten this to work successfully?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 14.2.3 Update

Good Afternoon, I wanted to pass along to the group an issue I was experiencing regarding the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.3 update. Description When installing the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.3 update package from Microsoft, installation would fail wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosting NetSUS in Vsphere

Is anyone hosting a NetSUS appliance in Vsphere? We are able to connect, upload the NBI, choose the NBI. But we are seeing two problems trying to configure via webadmin: It has a static IP, but under the Network panel in the webadmin, it does not tak...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remove MCX?

So I was testing some MCX settings and now that I've completed I'd like to remove them. So I stopped the mcx profile, made sure my machine wasn't in the test group, did the jamf mcx, jamf flushcache, rm -r the managed preferences/*...rebooted... jamf...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

FV2 Recovery Key Upload

We currently run a "once per day" inventory, so enabling FileVault 2 leads to a gap of at least one day where we do not have the Recovery Key escrowed in the JSS. I need to mitigate this risk. Does anyone have an idea of how I can make a one-time inv...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

What does JAMF stand for?

Does anyone know? I always assumed it meant "just another Mac fanboy", but I have heard several other... creative interpretations. Apparently there is some connection with a book called "Gravity's Rainbow"?  View more

• 28 replies
  • 1 kudos

Help with policy script

Hi all, I'm having weird problems with the MountNetworkShare.sh . Nothing has been modified except to input the network path but it returns with: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing Policy Run Script mountNetworkShare.sh... Creating directory st...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Lock iOS devices.

Hello All, I was curios if anyone know of a way that users can force lock a device. I should give you a little background we have recently changed the "Require Passcode" to set after 1 hour, this was pushed by some higher level staff and we have othe...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stolen Macbook reporting back to JSS

Three weeks ago we had a Macbook stolen. Recently it has begun reporting back to JSS. It only does so at login and logoff. So I created and deployed a Prey package to the machine but it fails to start due to a proxy/firewall. This proxy/firewall has ...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors