Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

CrashPlan ProE

CrashPlan pulling Casper account for user when deployed though remote. Any help would be appreciated userinfo has the following command as dictated in the document provided athttp://www.jamfsoftware.com/libraries/pdf/white_papers/Administering-CrashP...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

mac mini 2012 builds

Anybody know, off the top of their heads, if the mini's require a custom build or do they work fine on 10.8.2 c60?  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

CrashPlan ProE installer error

Anyone know why I may be getting these errors ? I am following the documented procedure and the installer fails. nstalling CrashPlanCustomInstallation.dmg...Closing package...Copying Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg...Installing Install CrashPlanPROe.pkg......  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

13" MBP Retina Display (Build 12A2056) 10.8 only?

Hi All, I have just received the first 13" Retina MBP and it's another painful case of new OS build and no worky with my 10.7.5 NB servers /Base 10.7.5 OS. Can anyone confirm whether these new models (10,2) will only work with Mountain Lion? I haven'...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Off topic---What matters more...Certs or a Degree?

I am pretty new to the industry,(2 years in) and considering pursuing an online degree in IT. As it stands I am in charge of about 11k iOS and Mac OS devices for a school district. I have a number of Apple certs, but just curious to hear from a more ...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wireless Configuration Profile - Aruba

The company I work for is using Aruba Networks as a solution provider for WIFI. In the windows world we're using PEAP (EAP-MSCHAP V2) for computer and user authentication see screenshot . I have been trying to replicate the windows settings on our MA...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upload VPP Codes.... nothing appears...

Hi Nation... i recently bought an app for iPad from VPP program. Download the .xls file... Upload it from casper with the creation of the APPS from the JSS... My screen flashes and nothing appears on the screen... no codes nothing... total, redeem an...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unix Scripts

I am from Windows and I know some VBScript and some native CMD stuff but I am not a Unix head. Three things: 1) Does anyone have a site that contains a bunch of Unix script to manipulate Mac's?2) Does anyone have a Unix script that will run on a Mac ...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Email Profiles on iPads

We have 1800 ipads across 3 school campuses. I need to set up email for students and would love to do it using a configuration profile. We have all of our ipads supervised in configurator. Is there a way to push out an email profile where the student...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kerberizing Chrome - Managed Preferences

I've seen a couple of discussions on JAMF Nation about kerberizing Chrome using command-line switches, MCX, and Chrome's "preference list" and I was hoping someone could help me figure out an issue I'm having or at least verify that I'm not the only ...  View more

• 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy Mac OS with JSS/Casper?

We have inventoried all of our Mac's with the JSS client software. Can you push out a new OS that has File Vault Disk Encryption enabled using JSS and have it be 100% aotumated? No end user interaction at all.  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Add more licenses to a MDM App

Can we import new spreadsheets to a MDM app and just "append" those new codes to the list? Or do I have to make a new bundle for each spreadsheet I get for the same app?  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

#K12 Disable spell check for writing test

Every year, we do a GRAD writing test and need spell/grammar check disabled. Unfortunately, developers have built spell checks into everything--the OS, apps, and browsers. I have run into a lot of difficulties trying to disable all layers of spell ch...  View more

• 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

OS 10.8.2 Welcome Screen Image

One would think it is totally possible to take a Mac, boot from the recovery partition, and pull down a brand new 10.8.2 image. Then make an OS DMG file in Composer or Super Duper. This would be a brand new 10.8.2 base image (at the Mac OS X Welcome ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Capturing OS

We attempted to capture 10.7.5 via the Build OS in Composer, but in testing the OS during imaging, the image installs very quickly, then when registering the Macbook it asks us to install the OS? Any suggestions of what we are doing wrong?  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Active Directory login, user home folder issue

Can anyone chime in on this who may be in the know. Have been having a an issue once a Mac 10.8.2 machine binds to AD (via dsconfigad) to login with a users AD credentials and actually create a proper and functional user home folder / user template. ...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Anyone using SelfSevice as an application launcher??

I was wondering if any one is using Self Service as an application launcher? It is easy to create a policy using the Run Command section of the Advanced tab do /usr/bin/open -a TextWrangler This acts like an install so it is not ideal. Running a scri...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deploy internal SSL cert authority via Casper

We are using an Astaro Security Gateway (ASG) firewall at our school. We would like to turn on the "Scan HTTPS (SSL) Traffic" setting. This places our ASG firewall as a man-in-the-middle of all HTTPS traffic. Doing so requires adding the ASG to each ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal SUS update check takes way too long

Anyone knows why software update check takes longer when it is pointing to the internal SUS? On some Macs I have seen this. But when I point them to Apple's public SUS it is snappier. It kind of bothers me, as when I run Recon it takes longer. Any id...  View more

• 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile Weirdness!

Hi all, I'm getting a lot of weird things happening with my configuration profiles. I had a lottle bit of trouble getting them up and running in the first place but, thanks to Scott, that's all sorted now! I am trying to set up a profile to get an it...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot Netboot across subnet

Hi there, I am trying to utilize Netboot across our university network, however, my computers cannot see my restore image. I have used the "sudo bless --netboot --server bsdp://ip-address" command on the computers I would like to net boot, however, t...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors