Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 4 kudos

Kerberos authentication for system wide proxy

I have a proxy script that will populate the appropriate fields for web proxy and secure web proxy. The only thing that is not populated is username and password as well as a way to check the box that the "proxy server requires a password".We are on ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

App Inventory/Licenses

We seem to have a recurring issue with license counts for apps like Pages/Numbers/Keynote that I would like to make sense of if possible. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it. Based on a manual count, we've used approx. 131 licenses but none...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fix KSAdmin

I have a question, I have our student one to one computers restricted so they can only open things from the Applications folder and nothing in the Utility's and nothing elsewhere. When they open Google Chrome it pops up is there any quick script I co...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.2 removable media read only config profiles

Hi guys Touched on this with a previous post. I can't get config profiles for removable media as read only working. Finally got media control in place after 4 years of struggle for 10.6.8 to only find read-only and prompt configs profiles don't work....  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Iowa JAMF User's Group

I'm looking to create a JAMF User's group for the State of Iowa, to include K-12 users, higher ed users, and commercial users. I could host some bi-monthly, or semi-annual meetings where we could present how we are tackling any problems that we run i...  View more

• 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.8.2 Thin Imaging Config Does Not Create Admin User

I'm running into a problem with 8.6.2 and a 10.8.2 MacBook Air fresh out of the box. I have setup a testing config in Casper Admin that has nothing in it. The only thing the config does is to apply the management account on the Management tab of the ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Login script issues

Hello everyone: I am not new to apple machines, but took over as Apple Admin for a school district about three months ago. Currently the entire system runs on a "Golden (or magic) Triangle" setup. When a user logs into OS X and selects their group, a...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUG SF Bay Area - JAMF Nation User Group

For the growing JAMF Nation community in the San Francisco Bay Area: want to meet up locally? There's a growing number of Casper Suite users in the Bay Area and we'd like to help you connect. We have a Briefing Center in our Cupertino office that we ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Outlook - Empty Deleted Items on Quit Script?

We're (finally) upgrading from Exchange 2003 to 2010, which means we're rolling out Outlook 2011 to our school district. I'm trying to find an easy way to push out a setting that will set the preference to empty deleted items on quit. I've set it man...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Robocopy clobbering files

Does anyone (Don perhaps?) have deep experience with Robocopy? I'm using it to daily replicate my DPs but there are some files that constantly get clobbered and re-copied. The issue is that these are some of my large disk image files (like 5GB) so it...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Reformatting a drive with FileVault2 enabled?

I got back a Mac from a client that had enabled FileVault. All I want to do is re-format the drive and be on my way.I don't ned to save any data. I don't have the unlock key and the system won't boot normally in order to turn off or decrypt the machi...  View more

• 34 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Nation 2.0

More of a question really, and maybe I am just not seeing it, there used to be a place under my assets that gave a link to all discussions and other posts that I either participated in or started and I don't see that anymore. I know I can get email n...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is MCX broken in Mountain Lion?

Ran into a problem when I tried adding some MCX profiles that were created to be used with 10.6 on a test Mountain Lion machine. The profiles work correctly but when I remove the machine from the MCX profile, the settings keep reappearing in /Library...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need some help with HTTP distro access

Hello community! I am either still exhausted from the JNUC, or I am just overly confused. Would anyone mind helping me through changing a non-http distribution point into an http distribution point? My main distribution server is running OS X Server ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random Policy Failure

We're getting policy failures completely at random from what we can see. The general error log from the JSS always looks something like this: /usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing Policy *name here* ... Mounting afp://xx.xx.xx.xx/CasperShare to /V...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Script reboot to specific netboot image

I have a few netboot images available on my netboot server, and I'd like to be able to have a user execute a reboot to a specific netboot image rather than give them instructions to choose the image out of startup disk in system preferences. Writing ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Issues in iOS

We've been running into issues trying to set up a proxy in iOS5.1. When we put in an automatic configuration (i.e. a PAC file), the device does not respect it, especially in regard to HTTPS/SSL traffic. Has anyone gotten this to work successfully?  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Office 2011 14.2.3 Update

Good Afternoon, I wanted to pass along to the group an issue I was experiencing regarding the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.3 update. Description When installing the Microsoft Office 2011 14.2.3 update package from Microsoft, installation would fail wit...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hosting NetSUS in Vsphere

Is anyone hosting a NetSUS appliance in Vsphere? We are able to connect, upload the NBI, choose the NBI. But we are seeing two problems trying to configure via webadmin: It has a static IP, but under the Network panel in the webadmin, it does not tak...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors