Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.4.0 Beta is now available

Hello Jamf Nation! This release is in support of the Apple Spring release. We have several exciting new features including beta MDM support for Apple Vision Pro, Self Service initial app detection, Support Digital Market Act app restriction, and more...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Deploying .pkg files

From the JSS web portal how/where do you add packages? And then how do you deploy these packages?  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Creating collections

Where in the JSS web portal do you create collections of machines? I come from Windows and in SCCM you can create computer collections based on either a static list of machines or based on a query. So you can write SQL code to find machines that meet...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC - Managing Apps as Consumables (Case Study)

When: Tuesday, Oct 23rd @ 2:15pmWhere: Wurtele Thrust Stage Learn first-hand how one school district handles app management for over 800 iOS devices—distributed to both students and faculty members. During this session John Wetter and Sid Voss will w...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC 10 Things You Might Not Know About the Casper Suite

Get 10 hidden gems in this eye opener at the JAMF Nation User Conference. If you like to bend the metal of the Casper Suite, you will want to wake up for this Thursday morning, 9 - 10 a.m., session. It will highlight a two-handful-helping of useful i...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Zen and the Art of Packaging

If you think Composer is the best thing to hit packaging since cardboard, then you must attend this session. It is scheduled at 2:15 - 3:15 on Thursday during the JAMF Nation User Conference. Zen and the Art of Packaging is directed to a vast audienc...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Dual-Boot Configurations with OS X and Windows

We are pleased to have Michael Crispin from Duke University walk us through how he is able to deploy and manage Dual-Boot machines in his environment with the help of Casper, Boot Runner, and Winclone. We'll also have Tim Perfitt from Twocanoes Softw...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Utilizing the JSS API

We're pleased to have Bob DeRosa from Bascom and Brett Jacob from Computers Now show us some very cool work that they have each done to extend the capabilities of the JSS using the JSS REST API. We'll also run through a brief overview of the JSS APIs...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC Stump the Chumps: Scripts and Packages

Dusty Dorey, Tom Larkin and Mile Leacy will be hosting an open session in the Nelson Classroom Tuesday, October 23 1:00 - 2:00 PM. Having a particular script or packaging project that has you stumped? Come ready with your scripting or packaging conun...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java 1.7 Extension Attribute Grep Issue

I want an extension attribute to tell me the version of the Oracle installed (new) Java JKE 7. So a little script goes like this: #!/bin/sh if [ -e /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java ]; then result="$(/Library/I...  View more

• 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Leveraging the New JSS Events API

In this session we'll be outlining the JSS Events API. What is it? How is it different from current APIs? We'll give an overview of the API and then dive into some coding demos that will hopefully spark some ideas on how best to use this new interfac...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Normalizing a Worldwide Apple Deployment

Join Paul Gibbons and Emmanuel Gomez from Square Group on Tuesday, October 23rd from 3:30-4:30p in the McGuire Proscenium Stage (level 4) as they share how the Casper Suite helped the world's largest auction house take control of their global Apple e...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

#JNUC: Imaging Made Easy with the Casper Suite

Sean Lawson will be presenting this session on Wednesday, October 24th from 2:15 - 3:15 in the Dowling Studio (level 9). This is going to be a great session that just gives a general overview of the imaging process, and speaks to the benefits of the ...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Installing Recon?

Right now none of our Mac's are running the Recon tool. How do we install Recon on all of our Mac's? We'd like a script we can run on each, that would be the best method. But any method works so please let us know.  View more

• 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Enable Guided Access

With the upgrade iOS 6 came an interesting new feature for schools. It's called Guided Access. This is a feature that we would love to implement on a large scale at our elementary school without having to touch every iPad we have there (it's only 100...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

has the jamf binary gotten corrupted?

Ok, so weird situation with several of the Macs here: I'm running a policy to detect the version of MS Office a Mc has and install appropriate updates, and on several I've gotten the following error in the policy logs for that Mac: /private/tmp/deter...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Find a Mac's Active Directory name?

How can I find a mac's Active Directory name from the terminal? I've got a bunch of macs with correct AD names and incorrect local names. I want to have the correct names in Casper Inventory. I know how to change the name of the computer, but I would...  View more

• 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors